Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

HCG rise after miscarriage?

Lurker here.. miscarried almost 2 weeks ago. I'm doing the weekly blood draws now to ensure my HCG levels are going down and my body is completing the miscarriage naturally. My weekly this week indicated that my HCG was at 16k on 7/10, 14k on 7/12 and now it's 24k on 7/19.

has anyone else had experience with this? Clearly the raise in levels isn't enough for a misdiagnosed miscarriage and i've accepted that, but its frustrating to still have these symptoms. :(

Re: HCG rise after miscarriage?

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have no experience with rising betas after the MC. I use a D&C done this past Wednesday and my RE generally does not monitor betas after a D&C, only after a natural miscarriage. I hope someone on this board is able to offer you some insight.  <3
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. My numbers did that- went down then up again. Mine turned out to be ectopic, up and down numbers are common with that. I've also heard of this happening with twins if you lost just one twin. Your doc will likely order an ultrasound, I would think, to see what's up
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry you are experiencing this. I have not personally had this happen, but will keep you in my thoughts!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this.  I feel like it's a rollercoaster because you don't know what to think or feel?  Do you hold on to hope?  I think @EverythingsBetterOutside is right.  I would contact your doctor immediately to rule out ectopic. When I dealt with something similar my doctor did blood draws every other day until they went down and stayed down; your doctor may do something similar.  Please keep us posted.  Hang in there!