Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

My intro...

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this...but my sister encouraged me. I need someone to talk to...and my husband and my sister have been amazing, but they don't understand.
My husband and I were TTC for 6 months when I found out I was pregnant on June 9th. It was such an amazing feeling. For one precious week, I had nausea and headaches. I was on cloud nine. I told my husband who was so excited. I went to the doctor and they did blood work and confirmed my pregnancy, I was 5wk3d. I would have been due around Feb 13th.Then the worry started when the nurse called with my results and my progesterone levels were low. So they started me on progesterone and the painful process of having blood work done every couple days started. Although have to say, the woman who would take my blood was amazing! Anyway, the blood work came back and on June 17 I found out I was going to miscarry. It actually happened on Father's day, which was pretty heartbreaking.
I have been really having a hard time dealing with this. I'm not good with grief...I of course have heard that everyone deals with grief in their own way, but I don't, I guess. And I am not an emotional person. But I will just start crying and I will feel guilty because I feel like I am not moving on. I don't know how. Some days I will feel like I am doing ok. And some days are a lot harder. 
So thank you for listening. Any advice, experience, anything that may help me is greatly appreciated. 
Me: 34     DH:33
Married: March 2008
TTC: Jan 2016
BFP: 6/9/2016.   MC: 6/20/2016
TTAL: Aug 2016

Re: My intro...

• Options
    mjolkmjolk member
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  <3
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It also took us 6 months to conceive and our baby boy went to Heaven at almost 18 weeks. :'( 

Have you looked into support groups in your area? Obviously this board is great, but I also started attending a support group that is run through our hospital. It's really nice to be able to share my story with other people who understand because they have experienced this unfortunate loss as well.

Sending hugs!

Emily   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. What you are going through sounds completely normal. I am also not a generally emotional person but that has changed since my loss. I find myself still randomly crying and experiencing grief 8 weeks later. I don't think it is something that ever goes away. There's no timeline that says you should be done grieving and have moved on with your life. You will continue to have hard days, but what I've found is that the good days will start to outnumber them. I've also found that allowing myself to feel whatever emotion that comes to me is important. If you need to cry, cry. If you feel angry, let it out. And if no one you know IRL can help you, come here and vent your frustration. Hugs to you. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. This whole group has really helped me through my loss and I hope the same is true for you. We are here for you. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss. This group is really supportive
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the kind words. I definitely feel this is exactly what I needed. I also started a journal which is helping me get everything out. 
    I think the encouragement to just allow the emotions to happen is so spot on...now I have to put it into practice. And to stop getting frustrated with myself when it happens. Thank you again. 
    Me: 34     DH:33
    Married: March 2008
    TTC: Jan 2016
    BFP: 6/9/2016.   MC: 6/20/2016
    TTAL: Aug 2016
  • Options
    fioripfiorip member
    I'm very sorry for your loss, it's been well over a year since my first loss, after that I've had two second trimester losses and I still find myself crying over every single one of them. Somedays are really great, others are very emotional and sad but I think its just part of the process, you find a new normal, you will never ever not think about it or forget it happened. Allow yourself time to do whatever feels right for you and your recovery. Hugs!
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending positive thoughts your way.