Baby Names
Options

Easter European / Slavic Names

I'm having a hard time finalizing some name options and baby is coming very soon!  Not sure if any of you here have experience with these types of names but if so I'm open to any suggestions :)

Girls: (easier to pick them)
- Jelena (J is like a Y)
- Cecilia
- Barbara
- Emilia
- Lucia
- Zara
- Anamarija
- Korina

Boys: (really have no insipration for a boys name, having a hard time!)
- Ivano
- Matej (J is Y)
- Lovre
- Vito
- Josip (J is Y)
- Neven
- Roko
- Andreo

My entire family is Slavic as well I live in Canada so people understand how to pronounce these names better since it's so multicultural here :wink:

Re: Easter European / Slavic Names

• Options
    I feel like Anamarija is the best of the girls with Zara second.

I love both Cecelia and Lucia as well they are just more common and used in more cases. I live in a very heavy Italian and Hispanic city and they are everywhere. 

Rocco is my favorite boy name ever so obviously Roko gets my top vote!

I actually like all the boy options though except Lovre mainly because I don't like it visually so not a real good reason. 

• Options
    @bbiutmcph  thank you for the suggestions! I agree with the Lovre part, it's not easy since it's missing some vowels so might be hard to say

I like anamarija and zara as well but since there is a store zara wondering if that is now awkward haha 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually do think of the clothing company and it used to be a pretty big turn off for the name for me. However I have now met a couple little Zara's and it's growing on me. I do see that hesitation though as you wouldn't want others to think of a trendy fashion company.

• Options
    My favorites on your girl list
    Anamarjia
    Zara
    Korina

Boys
    Ivano
    Neven

I don't think the store would be too awkward,  because I'm pretty sure most people know it as a name first.
  • Options

Love your list. DH and I lived in Prague last year so your names are familiar to me.

I really love:

- Jelena (J is like a Y)
    - Cecilia
    - Lucia
    - Korina
    - Matej (J is Y)
    - Vito
    - Josip (J is Y)
    - Andreo

Suggesting:

Boys: Vilém, Oskar, Štefan, Emil, and Ondřej.

Girls: Jitka, Brigita, Petra, Silvie, Marika and Jana (I know Jana is really popular there but I LOVE it!)

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @susykat77 thank you! I like your suggestions of Oskar, Petra, Silvia and Jana, Jana is so popular though hahaha 

if you think of any more boy's names please post! I'm definitely stuck with them
  • Options
    My family is Eastern European as well, ad I love your names! Zara is my favorite along with Jelena. Some boy suggestions: Tomislav, Andrija, Nikola, Marin. Good luck! Boys name last were the hardest for us to decide on too!
  • Options
    @OliveOyl2014

My DH love's Tomislav but there are so many! I like Andrija and Marin as well :) What names did you decide on for boys? 
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time finalizing some name options and baby is coming very soon!  Not sure if any of you here have experience with these types of names but if so I'm open to any suggestions :)

Girls: (easier to pick them)
    - Jelena (J is like a Y)
    - Cecilia
    - Barbara
    - Emilia
    - Lucia
    - Zara
    - Anamarija
    - Korina

Boys: (really have no insipration for a boys name, having a hard time!)
    - Ivano
    - Matej (J is Y)
    - Lovre
    - Vito
    - Josip (J is Y)
    - Neven
    - Roko
    - Andreo

The ones I bolded I like because they are ones that don't appear You-kneek to me. 
    A polish name I adore is Zosia. 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Korina and Neven
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options

- Jelena (J is like a Y) -- I'd still be worried people would use the "J" sound.
    - Cecilia -- love it!
    - Barbara -- seems dated: there were a ton of Barbaras in the US in my mom's generation
    - Emilia -- love it!
    - Lucia -- love it!
    - Zara -- the store name would also make me think twice about it.
    - Anamarija -- love it!
    - Korina -- meh -- not bad, just don't love it.

- Ivano -- don't love it
    - Matej (J is Y) -- again, I'd proceed with caution about that J/Y thing
    - Lovre -- I'd be worried about teasing because it's so similar to "lover."
    - Vito -- not bad!
    - Josip (J is Y) -- the Y/J thing is less of an issue with this name because you almost say the "j" in Joseph/Josip like a Y anyway
    - Neven -- interesting!
    - Roko -- dislike
    - Andreo -- like it!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    @terezakatarina We chose Oliver for our son. We wanted to make sure it translated into English easily.