Baby Names

Boy Troubles

Classic problem:

DH likes "out there" names that no other kid is going to have.. (Calaway, Cassius, Ransom are his top 3)

I prefer classic modern names that won't ever be considered odd (Jonah, Benjamin, Theodore(Theo) )

If we have a DD her name will be Blair.
Our last name is Carter.

we've been brainstorming for months with no prevail.. Please Help Bump! TIA

Re: Boy Troubles

• Cassius isn't awful but the his other two are. 

Yours are all nice. 

I think ink you can come up with some common ground though. None of these are common yet they have a nice history of first name use so maybe you can meet in the middle

Crispin
    Trent
    Vaughn
    Malcolm
    Dimitri
    Adrian
    Victor
    Ross
    Rocco
    Jasper
    Garrett
    Anders
    Alden
    Alton
    Anton
    Micah
    Edmund
    Urijah
    Marshall
    Hugo

Or you could go with a classic name with an edgy nn

Patrick nn Trick or Tricky
    Christopher nn Topher
    Sebastian nn Bass, Bash, Bastian
    Oliver nn Olly
    Oswald nn Ozzy
    Wolfgang nn Wolf
    August nn Auggie
    Dominic nn Dom

• Thanks @bbiutmcph :) I'll show him this list when he gets home... He needs to get a grip hahaha
  • Loading the player...
  • I would give my husband so much shit if he suggested Ransom as a name. (Amazingly enough,  it is used. 102 boys were named that last year )

I agree with @bbiutmcph I think you can find some common ground by looking for a name that's classic but underused currently.

https://nameberry.com/list/492/100-Classic-Boys-Names--below-the-Top-1000

This list has some great options, and if you search the name berry forums, I believe there's a thread or two which lists the all the names outside the top 1000 from a fairly recent year. You can also download that from the SSA website, on the state and national level.  
  • @Bringmemylongswordho

unfortunately since Ransom is a family name (my side), he thinks it's fair game.. I'm not into using names just because they run in the family- that's where I choose to be unique. He thinks any name on a list is a no-go, but he's going to have to get over it! o:) thanks for the links! I'll look through them still!
  • edited July 2016
    @Bringmemylongswordho

unfortunately since Ransom is a family name (my side), he thinks it's fair game.. I'm not into using names just because they run in the family- that's where I choose to be unique. He thinks any name on a list is a no-go, but he's going to have to get over it! o:) thanks for the links! I'll look through them still!
    Lol. Well, it's a good thing naming is a compromise then. 

If you see a name on a list you like, don't tell him where you got it from. Also, since Ransom is a family name, perhaps you could oblige him by considering it for the middle spot.

Eta: also, any name used more than 5 times in a year is recorded and searchable via the SSA and third parties.  So, every name is on a list. Tell your husband that if he gets snobby.

Signed, 
    Totally a name snob concerned her favorite names are going to get "too" popular. 
  • The first few that came to mind that might be good middle ground: Roman, Rowan, Carson, Finley, Phinnaeus/Phineas, Thaddeus, Emerson
  • @kmvisioli Thanks for the list! Roman is my bff's DS's name- and Rowan is too close haha not craaazy about "car" names with a "car" last name, but def better than what DH wants hahaha! Thaddeus(Thad) is also one of my top choices <3
  • Harry, Gideon, Harlan, Ephraim, Odin, Hezekiah nn Zeke, Cyrus, Morgan, Hank, Oscar, Atlas, Clyde, Augustus, Cian

And FWIW, I really like Cassius (and all the names on your list) 
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)