Baby Names
Options

Girl name suggestions needed!

Hi ladies - DH and I are seriously struggling with names.  I've posted a few times before, as we had narrowed down our list to a solid 4 names.  But of those names, we can't decide, and I'm starting to wonder if we should start over and re-open the search.  Baby girl #2 due in October.  Older sister is Natalie Elise.  Last name rhymes with Garrison.

Our top four are/were:

Evangeline (nn Evie)
Shoshana (Shosh)
Isabel
Ophelia

Would love love love to hear other suggestions, or feedback on the four names above!  Thank you - and I appreciate it!

Re: Girl name suggestions needed!

• Options
    Take a break from names. You've got a solid list of 4 options, take a step back for a bit. You've got time, you don’t need to make a final decision today or even next week.  

Maybe when you come back one of the names stands out. Maybe one of them is definitely not it. Maybe you hear a name in the meantime that sticks with you.  But beating your head into the ground isn't going to help. 
  • Options
    I think taking a break  from the name discussion is a good idea. Then maybe come back to it, look at some other options, and see if you want to add or delete any from your top contenders. You could always bring your list to the hospital when baby girl arrives and see which one fits best.  I will say that I prefer Evangeline from your current list, followed by Isabel. I think they pair best with Natalie. Evangeline wins it for me, I just think it's beautiful and more unexpected than Isabel. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Natalie and Evangeline, or Natalie and Isabel best together.
  • Options
    It sounds like you might like names from great literary works. I have heard one little girl named Knightley, like  Mr.Knightley from the Jane Austin book Emma. I think it's an awesome name and you can shorten it to Knight as a nickname. So cute! 

Evangeline is great. Isabel is über popular and then there is the whole Bella conversation. A beautiful name but also a teeny bit twilight-y. Ophelia is super cool plus there are very few O names which is unique, do I feel a little Hamlet reference? Shoshanna reminds me of inglorious basterds but I think unique names have great flair. Whatever you decide I bet you are going to have one beautiful little girl.
  • Options
    I like Evangeline the best followed closely by Shoshana. Isabel is nice but boring nowadays and I'm not a fan of Ophelia. 
  • Options
    Seeing your list I immediately love Shoshana Isabel. Very pretty choices all around though! Good luck 
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Isabel