TTC After a Loss

Hi, new here

Hi, 
i am 30, dh is 32. Ttc since two years, married for three. 
had an ectopic last December, so after two shots of mtx and five months waiting, the dr suggested hsg, which shows both tubes blocked. I was shattered, to say the very least. 
The dr, also my colleague, said that we have two options, laproscopy or straight jump to ivf.
i  am in a big dilemma, don't really know what to choose, I read somewhere that laproscopy itself can cause spasm. 
Just wondering, if anyone had gone through this, and any advice would be nice, TIA
sending hugs and positive vibes to everyone.

Re: Hi, new here

• @tamz86 welcome, i'm very sorry for your loss. I also had an ectopic back in February. My hsg came back clear but my dr told me if i have another ectopic I will have to go straight to ivf. Personally, I would probably opt for the laproscopy first but that's just my personal opinion. I think you should do whatever feels right for you. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • So sorry for you loss. No experience with ectopics, but wishing you all the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board and sorry for your situation. I had an ectopic in Janurary and had to have one of my tubes removed. From the outside my other tube looked good though.  I personally would try laproscopy first because you never know, it might work. 
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• I am sorry for your loss. I just wanted to say good luck
  • tamz86tamz86 member
    Thank you so much for the response.

@brooklyngirl18  I m also leaning toward lap, hoping they can clear it. I got pre lap blood tests done today cd2, lap on cd8 or 9. At least with this I will be sure what next steps should be. Thanks so much for the reply. Sorry for your loss, sending a big hug to u.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I don't have any experience with ectopics, but I'm hoping you find some answers from some other ladies on this board.  Wishing you the best.  
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!