Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Controlling severe cramping pain after natural miscarriage

Hello all, 

I learned my baby didn't make it last Tuesday. I spotted anad cramped all last week, then on Saturday night I had the worst cramping and contractions of my life, and delivered the tissue at home. It was a nightmare, but eventually the bleeding slowed on Sunday.  Now it is Tuesday, I have moderate blood flow like a normal period, but cramps from hell! Ibuprofin barely touches the pain, and I still pass blood clots every now and then. I'm in bad pain, but I have a feeling like this is normal.

If you had a natrual miscarriage, how did you control the pain? Is it normal to be cramping this bad after two days of passing the tissue, a week after finding out baby didn't live?

Thanks, I appreciate your advice.
Grace

Re: Controlling severe cramping pain after natural miscarriage

• I'm so sorry for you loss.

I had a natural MC a couple of weeks ago, and pretty much had a similar experience. I found it best when I combined both ibuprofen and tylonal together. Personally, I took one extra strath of each and it helped, but I've heard that the combo makes some people drowsy. This was something an ER doc recommended to me years ago.

My MC happened on a Friday, and the following Wednesday I had severe cramping and major bleeding. I ended up going through a pad an hour for four hours, then it slowed down to light/normal bleeding. My dr's office said this was normal and okay as long as the pads were being smoked front to back in that time (I didn't want to leak, so I was changing them before it got to that point). Definitely call your Dr though if the bleeding gets bad. Just wanted to let you know that the time frame was similar; I think I continued to pass clots for a week.
  • So sorry for your loss.  I went through the same thing a couple months ago...HEATING PAD saved my life.  And lots of ice cream :wink:  It is all very normal, but don't hesitate to call your OB with any questions.  That's what they're there for.  Feel better soon <3     
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss. 

I miscarried between week 6 and 7, it was very physically painful. I took some pain meds I had left over from a surgery. I told my OB and she was ok with it. it took the edge off and I could sit up in bed and walk to the bathroom. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017