Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester check in week of 7/11 **New leader needed!**

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to be:
@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16 with 1 bean!
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16 with 1 girl!
@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16 with 1 boy!
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/16 with 1 boy!
@Jerseygirl856 EDD 10/20/16 with 1 girl!
@wenikilina EDD 10/28/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@sassysd7 EDD 10/31/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@tvh1982 EDD 11/11/16 with 1 girl!
@ZoeFer EDD 11/14/16 with 1 girl!
@Rachd110 EDD 11/19/16 with 1 bean!
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16 with 1 boy!
@vmjones05 EDD 11/26/16 
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@ssandberg EDD 12/4/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16 with 1 boy!
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16 with 1 boy! 
@griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with 1 boy!
@Emma61210 EDD 1/1/17 (Our first 2017!!!)  with 1 girl!
@hskoien27 EDD ??/??/16

QOTW: What is your favorite/least favorite things about pregnancy so far?

Re: 2nd Trimester check in week of 7/11 **New leader needed!**

• My favorite part of pregnancy is knowing that I am growing babies inside of me!! :) My least favorite part has been all of the nausea/vomiting and ups and downs throughout the pregnancy.

@sassysd7 How are things going for you? I had a follow up appt last Thursday and my cervix has continued to shorten, now at 2.23cm with funneling. The doctor immediately took me off of work on put me on "modified bedrest." She increased the Nifedipine to 20mg every 4-6 hours and 200mg Progesterone suppositories nightly. Sounds similar to you! I'm definitely still having contractions but they seem to have calmed a bit with the increase of meds. Hoping this all helps to keep the twins in longer! I have my first appt with a high risk perinatologist tomorrow.
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @kennelchick thank you for starting the post ! 
    @wenikilina I am sorry to hear about the shortening cervix, I hope the meds and rest help ! My thoughts are with you and your little ones.

I had my OB appointment today, everything went well. The doctor was trying to listen to the HB but baby was moving and kicking so the doctor had to hold on to the baby. And I think she got pissed and starting to kick pretty strong on the other side , it was super funny. I felt like it was my baby girl`s first interaction with outer world :dizzy:

QOTW: My favorite thing is being pregnant overall, dreaming about the human being that we are bringing into life. And I like that my breast size went up one (or more) cup size bigger, i always found my breasts small :) I have been very lucky with my pregnancy, everything is going well and I cannot complain about anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, @ZoeFer! That is so funny about your baby girl kicking even harder when the doc was trying to hold her still! :)

***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

• My favorite thing so far is feeling the baby move. DH has only felt her a couple times. As soon as he tries to feel her, she stops moving. My least favorite thing is peeing ALL The TIME. Drives me nuts!

I got a prenatal massage today and anyone experiencing pain, go get one! It's totally worth the money! I was so relaxed after, and she massaged muscles I didn't know we're hurting.

Who wants to take over this board? I only have one more week here and then move on to the third trimester. So terrifying, this is going by too fast!
  • Hi everyone. I've just graduated to this board. :-) I'll be 15 weeks on Wednesday. Some of you know me already but to those that don't here's a quick summary. 
    CP may 2014: it was our first month trying and I got pregnant right away but lost it at like 5 weeks. 
    Saw RE July 2015 because couldn't get pregnant after CP. nothing was wrong with either me or my husband. So weird. 
    did six iuis and one ended up being ectopic. The rest unsuccessful. 
    Ivf in April 2016. ER and Transfer in April 2016. Now 15 weeks with 1 girl. 
    Fav thing about being pregnant is just being pregnant. That it finally happened. :-) and I love ultrasounds. I haven't had one in a month though. Next obgyn appt is this Friday and not sure what to expect at that one but pretty sure there won't be an ultrasound. Anyway glad to be here with you all. 
  • Oh and my EDD is Jan 4 2017 
  • Welcome @Drove2u ! I have a pretty laid back week ahead, no appointments scheduled. My next appointment is 7/25 which is the AS :) I have my friends bachelorette this weekend which is a wine tasting tour...not looking forward to being the only sober lady there :(

QOTW: My favorite thing is just being pregnant and feeling so grateful each day. I have mixed feelings about my growing belly. I can't say I hate it, I know that the baby is growing, I'm just having difficulty watching the numbers on the scale creep up even though I know it's supposed to happen.
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Hi ladies! Finally got rid of my UTI and breathing a sigh of relief that I don't have to take any antibiotics or go see a urologist. It really has been a frustrating 3mos. Aside from that no changes. 
    @Drove2u welcome to 2nd tri!

QOTW: I have to agree with @kennelchick, my least favorite thing is the constant peeing. It seems like I go every hour but I know it's to be expected and I'm not complaining at all. 
  • capps42613capps42613 member
    edited July 2016
    Happy Monday all! We have the AS appt coming up this week on Thursday. It's been 3 weeks since we've last seen him. 

@Drove2u welcome to the 2nd tri
    @Jerseygirl856 glad it resolved on its own
    @wenikilina GL tomorrow. Keep us posted!

QOTW: my favorite thing about being pregnant is just about everything. I've been blessed with such an easy pregnancy too. My least favorite thing is knowing that this will probably be my last pregnancy. If we decide to do IVF again I will have to repeat ER, not an easy task due to low AMH. We only had 2 embryos remaining on day 3 @ we implanted both so I have no frosties. DH doesn't want to see me have to physically/emotionally endure it all again. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi ladies ! 21 weeks here and doing pretty good ! 

My least favorite part of pregnancy : the worrying that something could be wrong . I'm getting better at letting it go but it's so hard to relax . I am also just feeling really large already and don't feel very pretty . 

My favorite part of pregnancy : just being in awe that I'm growing a whole human in my body . I never get over how cool and what a miracle it is . I'm loving the little kicks even though they feel creepy and kind of scare me . They remind me that this is all real . 

@drove2u welcome to second tri !!!!

@wenikilina hope those babies are able to stay in as long as possible ! Keep us posted please . I'll be thinking of you ! 

@kennelchick omg I loooooovvveeee massages . I know what you mean - the lady I have been seeing has made me realize how sore I am !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Not much going on for me this week. I've used our new home doppler once or twice, which was really cool. But my favorite part has been the flutters, I love feeling that.

Least favorite part so far has been the bladder issues. No infections, so they've just got me taking AZO pills every day. The ever increasing tatas is also not amusing, dear Lord, I am now looking for E cups. 
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • I'll do it @kennelchick. I'm dreading finding the QOTW like I did in the 1tri board, but I've come up with questions so far ;)

No checkups or anything this week, just waiting on the results of my glucose test last week. 
    Just have to live by kicks to know all is well!

QOTW: my least favourite thing: not liking food. I'm not as bad as I was, haven't seen the hospital since my 12 weeks, but haven't had proper dinner either. I tried Saturday with my favourite dish..but that was no succes..warm food is a no go.
    At the moment all is negative, and I'm not a really negative person, but the lack of enjoying food and a proper night sleep is taking its toll. Probably a good thing I learn now that sleep is a luxury and not a necessity.
    Positive is that I am pregnant. I am carrying my daughter! A little person that will give me joy, love, worries and probably more sleepless nights, but is so worth all of this :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited July 2016
    @tvh1982 sorry to hear that you are still having food aversions but happy to read that you haven't had any adverse effects requiring hospitalization. I totally understand the lack of sleep. I'm noticing that it's getting a little more difficult to get a good nights rest. But I agree, soon there will be a little one keeping me awake so I guess this is the practice stage  :)
  • Hi ladies! tomorrow is 16 weeks and so far I feel pretty lucky to have a fairly easy go at this. I met with the perinatal dr on Friday who made me feel much better about my blood pressure. It was perfect when I went to see her and she said it wasn't even high enough with the other numbers to need medication. Plus my OB kind of made me feel bad about putting on a total of 4 pounds in the last 15 weeks and this new Dr. helped with that too. I feel like 4 pounds is not that bad at almost 16 weeks. sheesh!

ZoeFer  that the larger breast size is a definite plus. lol. Least favorite is the constant peeing and I think the longest I've gone to sleep for is 3 or 4 hours without waking up. I'm thinking once I start feeling the kicks that will quickly become my favorite thing though :blush:

@wenikilina - does the shortening of the cervix put you at a larger risk for early delivery? Is it more common with twins? This is my first pregnancy so I'm still learning some of these terms. Like we didn't have enough to worry about just trying to get pregnant and now all of these other worries!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey everyone. I´m at 26+1. The 3rd trimester is just around the corner and I honestly can´t believe it! Saw the DR yesterday and everything looks good with our little guy. He moves a ton which is still such a weird feeling but ultimately very reassuring.

QOTW: My favorite things about pregnancy are: Bigger boobs, healthy shiny bouncy hair, and not having to suck in my gut in tight tops. 
    Least favorite things about pregnancy: All the peeing, trouble sleeping because I can´t get comfortable, other people´s I-know-everything "advice"
  • Hi ladies, I'm 21 weeks and 5 days. I have my next appointment with my midwife this Friday. Tomorrow is DH and my third year wedding anniversary. We'll be celebrating on Friday night with dinner and a play. I can't wait!

@Drove2u welcome to the second trimester. I remember you from one of the iui groups last fall. 

@Griffin5413 4 lbs in 15 weeks is not a lot! I gained 4 lbs in 14 weeks and my midwife said I was right on track. I've only put on 3 lbs since which is really surprising cuz I feel like I'm eating everything in sight!

@tvh1982 I hope the food aversions go away soon so you can finally start enjoying your pregnancy.

QOTW: My favorite thing about pregnancy is feeling my baby move. The more I feel her/him the more real this feels. I'm already so in love with this baby and he isn't even born yet. I've noticed that since I found out I was pregnant, I've been very happy. Even during the nausea and fatigue of the first trimester. My least favorite thing is peeing all the time. I hate it when I pee then 15 minutes later I feel like my bladder is full again.

• @tvh1982 thank you for taking over! I steal my questions sometimes from other threads... I'm not very imaginative when forced :)

@Morningstar80 I hear you with the advice! If I want to know, I'll ask, right?
  • Hi ladies finally made it to this stage so excited to be in the second trimester. My due date is January 12 with twins I don't know the sex and not sure if they are identical or not.
    my favorite thing about being pregnant is that I finally got pregnant and with double the fun. I haven't really had any sickness or cravings so sometimes I don't feel pregnant but I def look like I am I popped the other day 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Welcome @ultratomato ! good to hear that you didn`t have morning sickness:) 
  • Awww so cute!! Going in for my 15 week appt today. Will check in later. 
  • Heartbeat is good at 145. Got blood tested for spina bifida for baby so waiting for those results now. 
  • What is spina bifida?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• It's a spinal birth defect. Basically someone who is born with spina bifida is wheel chair bound for life. 
  • Oh wow, I didn't know they could see that with bloodwork.

• wenikilinawenikilina member
    edited July 2016
    @griffin5413 Yes, early shortening of the cervix can definitely put you at higher risk for preterm labor, and especially with twins. 
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460

Anniversary

• wenikilinawenikilina member
    edited July 2016
    I wanted to post my update here, as well, in case anyone is experiencing anything similar or if anyone will in the future. It's good to be aware.
    Just a reminder that I am pregnant with twins. I went into preterm labor and was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday morning from my high risk consult. I've been having lots of contractions and my cervix is very short now, just over 1 cm and lots of funneling. The umbilical cord is right by the opening, and the baby girl is pushing on the cervix. I'm on strict bedrest. I'll be here in the hospital until I deliver, whether it be soon, weeks from now, or months from now. Wednesday morning I was dilated 2 cm and they can feel a foot in the sac right there when checking my cervix. They're doing everything they can do to keep the babies in as long as possible. I received steroid injections to help mature the babies' lungs more quickly in the event that I deliver soon. They also loaded me up on Magnesium, Indocin and Nifedipine. Now I'm just getting the Nifedipine every four hours. Contractions seem a lot more controlled now but they had been very regular, every 1-2 minutes. I'm on the high risk L&D floor and told I will be staying here. Babies' heartrates have been having some minor decelerations with the contractions. But they are still doing good overall. I had an US last night and they are both weighing in at about 1.9 lbs currently. I'm 25 weeks and 1 day now. 
    Let me tell you, being in the hospital and on bedrest is no fun at all. But I do want these babies to stay in as long as possible so I'd rather be here where the three of us are constantly being monitored and know the babies will be safe. 
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460

Anniversary

• @griffin5413 Oh my gosh!! That's a healthy weight gain and maybe you were more hydrated at your appt, which is a good thing. Don't feel bad at all. :)
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460

Anniversary

• Oh wow @wenikilina that is quite some story. 
    Mill be thinking of you a lot and say an extra prayer for the three of you. Keep those babies inside and let the hospital take good care of you! Big creepy internet hug coming your way!

• @wenikilina thoughts and prayers for you and your babies. Hope they continue cooking as long as possible. 
  • @wenikilina how scary that must be ! I'm so sorry you have to be in bed rest . My best friend had to go into the hospital to be put on bed rest around the same time - I know how stir crazy she went ! I will be praying those lil babes can stay in longer . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @wenikilina - Glad to hear babies are doing well but still scary to have to be there on bedrest. Will be praying for the next few weeks to go well and babies to continue to cook a little longer before they meet the rest of the world! Also, thanks for the encouragement about weight gain. I feel like I'm doing everything I can to be healthy and I plan on telling my OB that today at my appointment!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for the support ladies!! Thinking of you all. :)
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460

Anniversary