Pregnant after IF
Options

3rd Tri Check-in Week of July 4

riveridgionalriveridgional member
edited July 2016 in Pregnant after IF
I'll go ahead and start the check-in this week since our wonderful, prior leader was blessed with the birth of her son last weekend (see below for more details). We're playing it appointment by appointment (2xs a week for now) on when I'll be induced due to gestational hypertension, so if anyone wants to take over for future weeks, feel free. Otherwise, I'll do it as long as I can and am still pregnant.
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: Have you had your "It's getting real" moment yet? If so, what triggered it? Have you noticed or has DH commented on whether he experienced his? 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@DSTtots4lyfe EDD 06/17/16
@TerraMae80 EDD 08/04/16 with a little boy
@riveridgional EDD 08/06/16 with a little boy
@katie121209 EDD 08/19/16 with a little girl
@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16 with a litte girl and a little boy
@chrissym126 EDD 09/8/16 team green

Congratulations to @mechelita44who’s team green turned team blue last weekend! Baby Rodrigo was born on Saturday, July 2 at 5:20 am at 20 in long and weighing in at 7 lbs 8 ounces.
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: 3rd Tri Check-in Week of July 4

• Options
    Congrats @mechelita44!!! @riveridgional I hope your bp stays on check for the rest of July!!! 

Qotw: I think washing baby clothes and getting my hospital bag ready has made it seem more real. Also we discussed a "what to do if I go into labor" plan! 

Other than taking care of my puppy and avoiding the heat and heartburn this has been a pretty uneventful week which I'm thankful for. I have my 34 week appt this Friday!
  • Options
    Thank you @riveridgional for taking over! 

@mechelita44 girl! I can't wait to see him. Congratulations! I'm excited to hear about the birth story!!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So, my NST showed that the baby is doing fine so far, which is fantastic nrlews. My BP was still high from the measurements. But, the cuff moved after the first reading because it was on so loose. My BP reading after that was 128/82. Shocked at how "low" it was,  I figured the cuff wasn't on correctly and asked the nurse to check it. She adjusted it and retook it, and my BP was 144/92. But, she must have forgotten to make note of that, so the report showed my BP as 128/82. Consequently, my OB said my BP looked great today and, if it was still lower on Thursday, we'd "entertain" the idea of me going back to work. I thought about emailing her back to explain what happened but figured I'd just tell her Thursday. My BP obviously will be "higher" then and this way I can keep using PTO at work instead of leave time. Based on the way she worded her email this evening, I'm pretty positive I won't be cleared to work until after delivery. I obviously want what's best for the baby, but I really hate the idea of wasting my leave before he gets here. Is it terrible that I'm hoping to be induced now between 37 and 38 weeks? I just want to be able to treasure every moment I can with him before returning to work. 

QOTW: I had a slight "sh!t"s getting real moment" once the crib was setup, but it definitely hit me more when we put the pack n play in our room and stuffed the diaper changer part with supplies. DH had his when our friend went into labor 3 weeks early (before my BP troubles). His gave turned pale, and he said,  "Oh my God, that's July 17 for you, babe!"
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Options
    @riveridgional you're experience right now sounds just like my first pregnancy. Hang in there. 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    Congratulations @mechelita44!!  July 2 is my daughter's birthday!  It's a special day. :)  

Fingers crossed @riveridgional that the BP stays "in check" for at least a few more weeks.  I totally understand wanting to be induced between 37-38 weeks to save leave.  I'm frantically looking for things to do to save my leave time as well.  I want as much time after as I can possibly get.  Plus, I know I didn't feel "normal" after my daughter until about 8 weeks (I had a few complications though).  So, I don't want to be going back to work when I just start to feel good!!

AFM: 32 weeks this week.  Had my first BPP/NST - passed both with flying colors.  Had growth scans - babies are both about 4.5 pounds though my girl is so far down in my pelvis that they had a hard time getting an accurate head measurement, so that could be a bit off.  She's usually measured smaller, so I'm guessing she may be closer to 4 pounds.  :)  I'm measuring about 44 weeks.  All of this helps me understand why I'm just so darn tired and the heat/humidity is almost killing me.  

I'm going to see Adele in concert tonight - hopefully she's engaging since I'll be up long past my bedtime.  :)

QOTW: washing all my daughters itty bitty newborn clothes, buying a bassinette for beside the bed, starting to organize supplies for the first few days home.  It's getting REALLY real around here.  And I'm feeling like I don't have a lot of time to accomplish all the things I wanted to do!!!  EEK!!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the support, ladies! It helps to know you can relate and listen to my venting sessions.

@emsmama15 I'm happy to hear you passed your tests and your babies are doing well. I feel you on the heat! I'm struggling with just one, measuring at 35 weeks. I can't even imagine having 2 in there and measuring at 44 weeks! Hang in there! I've found that frozen lemonade, frozen fruit juices and popsicles, and smoothies are my favorite afternoon snacks to help me cool down.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    Well, I'll officially be a mom no later than July 18! I'm so excited and nervous wrapped into one! I'm also relieved my leave won't be too taken up pre-baby.

I'm currently 2 cm dilated and 30% effaced with a very soft cervix. The baby's head is also putting a lot of pressure on my cervix. So, my OB thinks I have a pretty good shot at a vaginal delivery. Eeeeeekkkk
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
    edited July 2016
    OMG @riveridgional that's crazy!!!! I'm a little jealous you'll be having your LO before me! I have a feeling my guy is going to take me all the way to my c-section date. The good thing is that I have one more week of work! Sitting here is getting so hard! It literally took me 10 minutes to put shoes on this am. My slide ons are too tight so I got to wrangle with my tennis shoes. Never again.  lol

I hit the 36 week mark and I had to take off my wedding rings.  :(

2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited July 2016
    @riveridgional I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been going through. Sounds like things are on the upswing though :) I can't wait for you to meet your little one! Babies are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Also thought I'd contribute to the QOTW... our moment was definitely when my water broke 3 weeks early!!!! On my hubby's to do list for that day was to build the crib and pack his hospital bag. Needless to say, only one of those got done !!!