Pregnant after 35

Scar tissue attached to bowel. scared for second c section

Im really scared about this. I had my fallopian tube out prior to starting ivf.  The dr mentioned seeing a lot of scar tissue attached to tube and bowel and abdominal wall. He said at that time that going forward my only issue would be if i needed a c section due to the scar tissue. he said they would need to be very careful to not hit the bowel. there is  just a pile of scar tissue in the way of where they would cut.  When i asked him myself he mentioned that it would be a higher risk but not necessarily dangerous.. he said it could be a matter of changing the incision site or having a general surgeon on stand by,, the whole thing seems very scary.. and i have a ten year old daughter.. i don't want to risk dying .. i don't know what to do. 

Re: Scar tissue attached to bowel. scared for second c section

• Hi there,

I'm sorry you're so scared. Are you certain you'll need a c-section? 

In in any case, I think it's very important for you to discuss your fears with your OB and for you to have a clear idea of what will happen in the event you need a c-section. It sounds like the doctor dropped this info rather casually, and you are (understandably) not feeling like this is a casual problem.

• Congratulations on your pregnancy.  I've posted to you before when you had numerous fears and anxieties when trying to get pregnant on the IF board.  Please know that your best chance of getting a real answer is through your Ob. Also,  it may help if you introduce yourself to everyone and participate in other people's threads. 

As the pp posted,  it doesn't sound like you were told that a c-section was your only choice. Did your doctor tell you it was?