2nd Trimester

Previa

has anyone any experience with partial previa? 
I have an anterior placenta, and partial previa at 20 weeks... 
Nothing much I can do but wait and see at 30 weeks scan, but I'm worried and have been advised to read/learn about the possibility of a cesarean :( 

Re: Previa

• With DS, I had partial previa at the 20 week ultrasound and it had moved up by the time he was delivered. A lot can happen and change in the next half of pregnancy, don't worry just yet!
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• I had partial or marginal with my last pregnancy that cleared by 24 weeks.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a low lying placenta and anterior placenta with my first and the placenta ended up moving with my uterus... However baby was breech and bc the placenta was anterior we decided to have the c section and not try to turn him. Our c section was planned but I went into labor on my own and ended up with an emergency section. It really wasn't bad. Recovery wasn't too hard. I didn't have any other children at home so I can't say if it would have been harder had I had other children.

a c section is a scary thought and no one wants to have to go through surgery. But it is also a very common surgery and all the precautions can take place when you go into it know any issues etc.

good luck! I think you still have a good chance of your placenta moving! I hope it does for you! 
  • Thanks all