TTC After a Loss

***July Benched Thread***

amberrukaamberruka member
edited July 2016 in TTC After a Loss
Never started a thread before, so here goes....

Welcome benched ladies!!  Feel free to answer, ask, vent, or whatever ;-)

1. Introduce yourself 
2. Status 
3. R/R?
4. GTKY: what's the grossest thing you ever ate?
Me: 39 DH: 39
CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease

Re: ***July Benched Thread***

• Hello benched peeps!!! I'm Amber from Oregon.

2. Benched at least until next endocrine appt 7/22/16. My most recent thyroid hormones have revved up again since stopping meds so I'm not sure (I developed either Graves' Disease or postpartum thyroiditis after my MC in January)

3. R/R: DH got out of grand jury serving this morning! Hooray!

4. GTKY: off the top of my head, I would say it's a tie between ant eggs and an entire chicken heart. I'll edit if something better comes to mind ;-).

Welcome again!! Let's get through this pissy thing called "benched"....
  • 2. Benched, but hopefully only until next Friday ish when AF shows her glorious face!
    3. I'm starting to get nervous now that TTCAL is something that is actually not so far off. I'm worrying about whether DH and I are making the right decision by starting a month earlier than our OB originally recommended. I'm nervous about my 7dpo bloodwork that I have to get. I'm nervous about whether or not my cycle next month will actually look anything like normal. I'm hoping I can work through my anxiety without too much of an issue.
    4. Hmmmm. I honestly can't think of one right now. I know there were a couple. But honestly I'm really not an adventurous eater to begin with so I don't put myself in situations where I would eat something gross too often. 

@amberruka I have to ask, how were you in the situation of eating ant eggs?! That's crazy!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Loading the player...
  • 2. Benched for god knows how long. Was DXd as anovulatory, changed my diet and started exercising again in hopes that it was kickstart ovulation this cycle but as of cd27 nothing has happened and I haven't had a temp over 97.1. I read that low temps are a sign of low progesterone which my last two draws were 0.2 and 0.5...pretty dang low.

3. I'm trying to stay positive about that fact that shortening my cycle length (last two cycles have been 50 & 45 days) would be a huge plus and that I still have that to look forward too even if I didn't ovulate but im finding myself less and less positive as the days go by. I just want to ovulate and have a cycle that's less than 35 days...is that really too much to ask?! Grrrr

4. My Gramp fed me pickled cows belly when I was a little kid..disgusting! 

@amberruka ants are so small, I imagine their eggs are super tiny. Could you even really taste them??
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @SoonToBeMommaHowe @AliciaGoose I was 8 years old and just plain stupid. But I don't remember them tasting like anything. When I was in my early 20s I lived in Tanzania for a year and once we were way up in the mountains in some village, a group of old men were standing around a metal barrel of liquid that looked like an exploded green highlighter with some plants floating on top....sharing from the same dog-eared plastic cup (hellooooo, hepatitis!). I said to my roommate with me, "if you don't try that you're always going to wonder." Didn't really taste like like much, but to this day I have no idea what it was....
  • Hello bench sisters!

2. Benched until appointment with nutritionist on July 11th to check my new blood work after a month on diet for insulin resistance. 

3. I miss chocolate. I miss wine. I miss scrambled eggs. There!

4. Probably cow's stomach. Disgusting, stank up the whole house, chewy, looks like wet towel, you name it! It is called "mondonguito" in Spanish. Run away from it !!!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @yolandamunoz is that what we call tripe here in the US, or is tripe just the intestines? Either way, blech.
  • yolandamunozyolandamunoz member
    edited July 2016
    Let me ask my gringo husband (who is from Oregon btw)
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok

• I'm Chloe and I'm still waiting for AF on CD 47 after D&C. I had 2 losses- 1 at 10 and 1 at 13 weeks.

2.) I'm benched at least until my 2nd AF. Possibly 3rd or 4th. I did not listen to my body last time and ended up here, so I need for things to be normalized before we try again. Both my losses were chromosomal and I get pregnant pretty much every time we try, so I need to get a good egg or I will likely just get pregnant again and miscarry again. 

3.) I'm feeling pretty PMS-y and bloated so I'm praying this is it. If the spotting I had on day 35 was ovulation spotting, the it could be any day now. I just went shopping and realized I've gained a significant amount of weight since my MC- maybe 6 lbs? I gotta do something about this. I just feel gross. This has to be PMS right?? Diet starts Tuesday!!

4.) GTKY - this one is hard. My friends once gave me Lake Michigan water (Chicago side) to drink when I was drunk and passing out at a beach party. I'm pretty sure I got super sick from it. So gross.
  • Oh I just remembered lithia water!!! I didn't like that at all LOL

• amberruka said:
    @yolandamunoz is that what we call tripe here in the US, or is tripe just the intestines? Either way, blech.
    Tripe is pickles cows belly! That's what I ate!! Holy crapola, yuck
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• So im supposed to be benched until we get our genetic karyotypes back at the end of July. DH and I decided we need to take a break from TTC during this time and try to make sex fun again...... Guess we had too much fun. He totally forgot to pull out. On cd14. Wih a +OPK that morning and today as well. 

Fuck. 
  • 2.  I am benched for three months. I was diagnosed with an ectopic and took methotrexate so we have to wait at least three months. Which feels like and eternity and makes me nervous since I am over 35. 

3.  I am feeling pretty thankful for my doctor. Since this is my second loss she is trying to figure out if there is something else contributing to my problems. Makes me feel a little more hopeful that the next time will be successful. 

4. I am a pretty pick eater so there are lots of things I think are gross that other people love. Like banana and lettuce. So there are a lot of things i decline to try.  ;)
  • @SnobunnieMel I'm so sorry! 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • He says it's tripe. Yuck indeed.

• @amberukka - Thanks for starting thread this month! and um.. yuck on both those gross foods. hope your thyroid levels level out soon.

@AliciaGoose - yeah for being almost of the bench! I feel you on ALL.THE.NERVES! I do not want to go through the first trimester again... its some of the hardest 8 weeks I ever had in Jan and Feb and I have nothing to show for it - facing that again is so daunting.

@SoontobeMammaHowe - hope you O!

@yolandamunoz - why no scrambled eggs? I feel you on missing chocolate and wine. (when I was on a Gestational Diabetes diet I ate eggs non-stop!)

@chloe97 - dude, I gained weight after my MC too... and I'm going into a month long vacation but after I'm back my husband and I are doing a Whole 30!

@Hopefulmommy1980 - I am also over 35 and feel old. sucks! I'm glad you have a doctor who is taking next steps, its so great to feel like medical team is on your side!

My answers:

1. Hello - I'm Laura. Had a MMC at 13 weeks on March 26. My first D&C was March 1 (exactly 4 months ago. ugh) that was followed by a 2nd D&C on March 10.

2. Self benched... maybe? I was for sure benched until I got back from a work trip to NOLA, but I'm back now. Expecting AF Monday-ish and then we will see what happens. I expect not to conceive this month because I'll be on vacation with my 2 kids and without my husband during my fertile window. So then I may wait until September for various reasons.

3. Major RANT: There are so many damn pregnant people in my life. My older sister is due a week after me. Yesterday my younger sister announced her pregnancy to me. I was feeling supper pissed off and called my older sister and she basically yelled at me for being sad about losing the baby. She said things like "you'll get pregnant again." and was not kind... made me realize so much on why I have always kept my mouth shut all my life. My family has always made me feel bad for having feelings. For being sad or mad, etc. 
    RAVE: I'm heading to my favorite place on earth for THREE WEEKS next week! Hooray! (but my older sister and her 32 week pregnant-ness and her 3 kids are coming and I'm so pissed. I booked the vacation the day after the MMC was discovered and I was using it to escape pregnancy but now its going to be in my face)

4. I can't think of anything super gross... I'm pretty adventurous with my eating. I do not like my meat rare or red, its so gross.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • @ladipale I am so sorry that your sister was not understanding and said such horrible things. 
  • @ladipale I am sorry your sister was so inconsiderate. I know what you mean about being not expected to have feelings. My family is not made of emotional people and honestly I am not typically emotional either. And because that's the way I grew up I feel like I actually put a self imposed block on my own feelings sometimes. But having a mc brought out so many emotions in me and I never once felt like I shouldn't feel that way or should have to hide them. And thankfully no one has told me to either!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • @ladipale I am sorry you sister was so invalidating. It is amazing how people close to us can sometimes say the most insensitive things. I hope you have a great vacation and have sometime to relax. Maybe you can ditch your sister for part of it. 

Hus is to all of you!
  • Im so sorry @ladipale for what happened with your sister. You aré entitled to be sad for your baby of course! Hugs to you.

About scrambled eggs, I cannot eat them because I have to avoid all sorts of fried foods.  I can have hard-boiled eggs three times a week though.

• Ugh @ladipale, so sorry you had to go through that with your sister. Hopefully you get some of that much needed vacation time alone, where you can relax and do whatever you need to do for you 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @ladiepale I'm sorry your sister was being so inconsiderate. What is your favorite place in the the world?

@SnobunnieMel fuuuuuck is right. Try not to stress too much right now, though.

@Hopefulmommy1980 I absolutely hate bananas too: the smell, taste, texture, everything. 
  • @amberruka I agree!  I can smell a banana across the room and it makes me want to gag! 

• 2. Status: Benched until next "cycle", which since my last surgery, my body is so messed up, that I don't even know when that will be. I want it to be August, but who knows. Kind of giving up hope at this point.

3. R/R?: I'm going to do both since I don't want to seem totally ungrateful. My rant: Our church has a lot of pregnant women and/or infants in it (I mean, everyone is either pregnant or has young babies, it's just how our religion is), so church every Sunday is hard for me right now. It gives me insane pregnancy/baby fever, and I also feel like everyone is looking at me like when are you going to have another baby, but they don't necessarily know all the struggles we are facing to try to have another one. Rave: We are going to Utah early in the morning for the 4th of July celebration and I love going up there every year! SOOOO excited!!!

4. GTKY: what's the grossest thing you ever ate?

Cow tongue?? 
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mjolkmjolk member
    1. Introduce yourself: hello!
    2. Status: Benched until I get my period, at the least. My doctor was pretty casual and does not think there is any reason to wait to TTC after my d&c. I'm really relieved, because a wait time would just loom over my head and depress me. The doc told me I need to get back on prenatal vitamins. I should not have stopped but the idea of them depressed me so much. So that is my... goal?
    3. R/R? Not at the moment.
    4. GTKY: hmm I really hate olives? most really weird foods involve meat and I don't eat much of it. but I am very experimental with vegetables!
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• Welcome @mjolk and @CTRMommyof4!!!  
  • TW possible BFP

Well I'm supposed to be benched but after AF didn't show up 52 days after D&C, I took a test and got a faint faint line. It's very possible that it's remnants from my MC, but I went to bed way early last night and my boobs are killing me and these tests were all stark white a month ago.

PSA: Do not use the pull out method if you are supposed to be benched!!!!!!

I just got a beta HCG test done so we will know tomorrow. I'm in no way emotionally or physically ready for this. Strangely I'm in good spirits however. I guess I just gotta ride this roller coaster I just stepped on to. 

• @SnobunnieMel Of course we can be buddies! Are you going to test soon or wait for AF?
  • @chloe97 with my history of stupid fertility but terrible implantation to the point i just have CPs every month we try, i am planning on waiting for AF. which is they day we leave for SILs wedding. my RE had mentioned that if nothing came up on genetics testing we would be definitely adding progesterone suppositories starting DPO 4 to help with implantation. I have prometrium from my last CP so i am acting proactively and started them just in cases. 
  • @chloe97 Wow!!!! Keep us posted....
  • Omg ladies !!!! I hope you get confirmation soon!!!

fx 

• 1. My name is Stephanie and I'm from Wisconsin. I have had 2 losses both at around 6 weeks.
    2. Benched until I have an u/s after my period which will be in about 2-4 weeks. They are concerned that a fibroid may be causing my early losses.
    3. Rant - People's responses to finding out that I had a MC. I honestly do not know what some people are thinking when they open their mouths. I have been told "at least you know you can get pregnant" (my thought - yeah but now I just need to work on staying pregnant), "there was probably something wrong with it", or my all time favorite "maybe you weren't meant to be a mom". Really that is what your response to me is? Some people really just don't get it...
    4. GTKY: what's the grossest thing you ever ate? I am going to be honest that I have a hard time trying things so the grossest thing I have tried is calamari. I live a sheltered life LOL.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome @stephann85, I'm sorry for your losses. Too bad bitch slapping is a public faux pas....what the hell is wrong with some people?!
  • @stephann85 Not meant to be a mom? OUCH! The other ones I've heard and are upsetting enough but wow that one has me clenching my jaw in anger over here. How freaking dare they! So sorry for your losses :( 
  • @stephann85 I am sorry for thoughtless comments that people have said to you. and I am sorry for your losses
  • @stephann85 I am appalled that people would ever think a comment like that would ever be ok under any circumstance. People can be so flippin rude it makes me sick 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @stephann85 I am so sorry for those insensitive comments. People really have no idea what is appropriate and how hurtful the things they say are. I can't even believe someone would say maybe you aren't meant to be a mom. That's horrific. I got 'maybe you weren't ready to be a mom yet' and that hurt enough. Hugs to you girl.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope