TTC After a Loss

**July Waiting to O**

12346»

Re: **July Waiting to O**

• CD 1 here wahhhh. This was my second cycle post mc and our first cycle trying again. I don't O till late (CD 18-20) of a usual 30-31 day cycle, so I have a while to go. 
  • @Amdogger82 I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I usually can get a positive OPK between CD 16-18 and its CD 18 and nothing this morning. I've had random patches of EWCM. This is my first cycle taking a break from IUIs and in the past when I've taken a break my body seems to get back on track easily. I will test again this afternoon. I'm so frustrated. I hope you get your positive soon too. 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Amdogger82Amdogger82 member
    edited July 2016
    @roxgibbons I hope you get a positive soon too! hopefully we just have a couple of lazy eggs...

ETA:spelling
  • Sorry for the CD1s!

@Amdogger82 I was in the same boat as you this month. I usually O on CD18 but I had - OPKs. I just finally got an almost + today at CD23. It was nerve wracking and stressful for me but it did finally happen. FX yours start to darken soon!

Which brings me to my point. I don't want to jinx it but I think I might finally O! I am getting my LH surge at night this cycle which is odd for me. But yesterday morning I noticed my OPK was darker than the previous afternoons. I tested an additional two times yesterday. Afternoon was the same as morning, but the 8pm was darker! Same pattern today. That's never happened to me before. I typically surge in the morning and pop a + in the afternoon!

Long story short my 5pm test tonight was sooo close to + so I'm holding and hoping the next will be + and I'll actually O tomorrow or the next day!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Fingers crossed this is it for you @AliciaGoose!!
  • ok tmi question. DH and I have had a major dry spell the past 3-4 weeks due to a UTI, period, 2 colds, a nasty virus and just life. I'm gearing up to O sooner than I thought (I think) and I'm now concerned about the quality of DH sperm. I'm trying to plan BD schedule, he works midnights so unfortunately we need to plan BD because otherwise we are never in bed at the same time. Anyway, I guess my question is if we BD tonight will the quality of his sperm bounce back quickly enough to count in 2-3 days or should I consider this month a wash? I was expecting to O monday or tuesday but my opk last night was pretty dark so now I'm thinking i'll get a positive tomorrow or saturday. Sorry, I know its tmi and feel free to ignore but I dont really know where else to find this info.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • For the record, I'm CD 14 today and FF has my O date for CD 19 based on the last 2 months but my OPK last night was darker than it was this time previous months so I'm anticipating O saturday or Sunday instead of Tuesday.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @brooklyngirl18 Does your DH have any issue with his sperm that you are aware of (sorry if the info is in your siggy, I'm mobile!)? If not then you should be fine to go for it today and then again in a couple days. My DH and I typically do ED and maybe skip one or two in FW. EOD seems the be the most recommended so to me that would mean everything should bounce back within two days. Men produce sperm everyday so I wouldn't think there should be a problem. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • @chloe97 no offense taken at all! he's been really sick the past 2 weeks so I doubt he has done anything in that time frame but it's entirely possible he did previous to that. we don't really tai about that but i'm not oblivious either.

@AliciaGoose we don't have any sperm issues thankfully, thanks for your response. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Amdogger82Amdogger82 member
    edited July 2016
    I should know this by now... i finally had a positive OPK this morning. If we don't BD until this evening do we still have a shot? Eta: our last BD was Tuesday. 
  • roxgibbonsroxgibbons member
    edited July 2016
    @Amdogger82 usually the positive OPK means you should ovulate between 24-48 hours later. So go for it! Today, tomorrow and the next day (you never know). 
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • Hi everyone! After being benched for two cycles it's our first month back to TTC. I'm at CD3, and man it's like I've completely forgotten what it's like to get a natural af. The first one was so light and weird after my loss/D&E I wasn't even sure if it counted. Prior to getting pregnant I had a Mirena and didn't really get a cycle for a couple years.

Thank goodness I was temping and tracking my cycle or I would have been stuck begging a coworker for a pad or something. 
  • Thanks @roxgibbons. Woohoo! Better make sure my DH eats his Wheaties!

• Waiting on a positive opk.. should be a few more days. Haven't poas recently. Haven't decided if we are still going to keep trying naturally this month being that we are starting initial testing for ivf in august ( for pgd purposes). Part of me is hoping if we could get lucky this month, maybe we will have our healthy rainbow and not have to go through all that. It's just so complicated and my feelings change almost daily.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • @KarenBeth714 I totally hear you. I was originally going to be benched 3 cycles, but a very long 1st cycle changed that to benched til September. Now that my O-date is creeping up in 10 days or so I'm starting to wonder if we should risk it. I know my lining was so thin last cycle and it's unlikely we'd get pregnant this cycle, plus I really think I just need another month. But the lure of being pregnant again, possibly with a healthy baby is like crack to me right now.  If the RE says all looks good is there really a good reason to wait? I don't know!
  • I think I FINALLY ovulated. Got my + OPK two nights ago on CD 23. Temp rise this am. Just hoping for those two more days of high temps and I can move over to the TWW for the first time post loss. I am pretty confident that it happened but I feel like if I move over there prematurely I'm jinxing myself. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • @AliciaGoose FX for you, hope to see you over there soon. 

CD 15 here. i usually O around 18-20 but FF gave me cross hairs on 15 that i don't agree with. I'm hoping FF is wrong because that would make conception totally impossible. I'm still expecting to O sometime this weekend or monday so i'm not throwing in the towel just yet. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • I'm CD 14 and my Clearblue digi went straight from circle to solid smiley face instead of flashing. Has this happened to anyone else? 
  • @mamashan12 Yes- this happened to me between Wednesday evening  and Thursday morning. I had a negative on the digi (circle) Wednesday night to a solid smiley on Thursday morning. I also tested on a regular OPK and Wednesday night my line was light and Thursday morning it was definitely positive. I started having some intense O pains yesterday morning through the evening so I am sure it was all accurate. 

GL!
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • @brooklyngirl18 I got false dotted CHs this month for 2 days before my actual O. It will move them and make them solid for tomorrow if I have one more high temp since the signs all align for my actual O day. Yours will probably do the same when you get there! Do you track any signs other than temp?
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • Fx for you @AliciaGoose and for everyone HIO after positive OPKs WOOT!

I'm CD10 or 11(debating what to call CD1) which is when I often get EWCM, so I'm REALLY hoping to see some today or tomorrow and hoping other signs start pointing towards O, too (OPKs, CP). But DH was gone for 7 days and is only home for a few more days so we're just HIO as much as possible, anyways lol He's usually an EOD'er but we did 3 days in a row and now I'm hoping I didn't wear him out when it counts...so I threw some Maca in his breakfast smoothie, for good measure ;)
  • Thanks @roxgibbons! It's the second time it happened, and I was starting to wonder if I did something wrong. I did a little googling and read through the directions and saw that if both hormones surge at the same time, you won't get the flashing smiley. GL to you too!
  • @mamashan12 I have had similar issues of going from empty circle to solid smily. I am a notoriously short surger, so it shouldn't have surprised me. I found that I got more of a heads up using the internet cheapies throughout the day nearing ovulation, as opposed to just the CBAD in the AM. 
  • i think i'm still here but I'm not sure. i swear sometimes I feel like charting/temping/opk is making ttc more confusing that being oblivious and knocking boots when the mood strikes. today is CD 17, the previous 2 months i O'd somewhere between 18-20 however my opk lines are super faint and this time previously they were darker. i started opk way too early the last 2 months and grew frustrated with peeing on it everyday with no results. this month i started on CD 11 and the line was way darker than i anticipated and has gotten lighter since then, my temps have remained the same. i have a love/hate relationship with opks, month 1 i never got a positive, month 2 i did but it was kind of wonky with my temps so i really don't know which to follow. my previous 2 pregnancies, i got KU on day 12-15 so did i only recently start ovulating way later? do i O earlier but not get a temp rise til CD 18-20? sorry for the rant i'm just frustrated and feel like this month was a total bust. i'll keep opk'ing and temping and know only time will tell but man this is frustrating. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @brooklyngirl18 Ah, I'm sorry for the OPK frustration! I have ovulated later each cycle since my loss so far. I'm hoping it's not a permanent pattern, but I know it can be normal. Each cycle I have also gotten a surge prior to actually turning an OPK +, so my assumption is when you started testing on CD11 you were seeing a slight surge. This month I got my + on CD23 and Od on CD24 after getting a surge on CD18 that wasn't quite + and then went back down. It was so frustrating and honestly stressful, so I know how you feel! How many times a day / what time in the day do you test?
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • @brooklyngirl18 I hear you on OPKs. I actually found that after my MC my LH surge increased. I used to ovulate the night of my positive OPK. After my MC I was having positive OPKs for DAYS and ovulating later for a few months. 
  • So I saw a temp drop this morning and decided to take another CB digital and got another solid smiley (it was 48 hours later and the original smiley was no longer on the screen). I ejected the stick and it was clearly positive. We're going to continue to BD but I am so confused. 
  • @AliciaGoose and @BornReady i'm sorry you have opk frustrations too, i'm not sure if i should go by opk or by temp. month 1 i did everyday cd 8 ish to cd 20 with no positive but a clear temp shift, month 2 i did twice a day and got a positive around cd 19 and wonky temps throughout, this month once a day from cd 11, kind of dark around 11 and light ever since but i had a a temp rise today at cd 18. my cycles are always 32-35 days so i highly doubt i O on day 11 but who knows. ill screen shot my chart if anyone is bored and cares to chart stalk. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @brooklyngirl18 I would recommend getting a thermometer that goes to the .00 as opposed to the .0 You will likely get a clearer picture of ovulation with that. I definitely think the same temps are throwing things off for FF.  As far as this month, I am wondering if CD 17 might be possible? Otherwise O'ing on Cd 12 isn't totally crazy. This might sound weird, but when I ovulate from my right side I owe super early, like 12 or 13 consistently, but later from my left side. 
  • @BornReady i think you're right about getting a .00 thermometer if this month doesn't work out. thanks so much for your thoughts, i'm hoping it's cd17 since that gives me good timing as opposed to cd 12 which gives me zero chance lol if this isn't my month i am definitely getting a better thermometer and doing opk twice a day from early on and planning much more bd. it's so hard with dh schedule but i'm determined to make this happen.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @brooklyngirl18 I second getting a BBT. If you have Amazon prime order a Mabis. Some other BBTs that you can buy in a store are known for favoring temps (especially the target one). Also I second the thought that it is more likely that CD 17 is O. It is really strange though that you haven't even gotten a slightly dark OPK. I know a lot of women don't get + OPKs but they can usually track their own + based on a pattern of darkening then lightening OPKs.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • Hey guys...quick question. I have a BBT but FF. only lets me input one decimal. Is that just because I don't pay for it? 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @SoonToBeMommaHowe are you sure intent let you enter it? I used it free the month I temped and got my bfp with my daughter and it allowed me to put it in. Are you on mobile? Sometimes I have to go back and renter because it didn't seem
    to take all the numbers. Otherwise I'd email their support because it should let you do it.

• Hmm @mamashan12, I am mobile. Maybe that's it. I'll have to try it on something other than my phone, but I really only ever use my phone for anything. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Hi all! CD13 for me. Has anyone started the August WTO thread yet???

@SoonToBeMommaHowe I know for Celsius FF allows 2 decimal places but I feel like it might not have for Fahrenheit?? I want to switch it to check for you but I'm worried it might lose my data or something dumb lol 
  • Doesn't look like it lady, start 'er up if you'd like!
    Hi all! CD13 for me. Has anyone started the August WTO thread yet???