March 2017 Moms

July Siggy Challenge-Favorite Summer Treats

The polls have closed and we have selected "favorite summer treats" as our July siggy. So post your siggy here so mobile Bumpies can see them. Near the end of the month there will be another poll where we vote for our favorite. If you're not sure how to post an image or need help creating a signature, please use the help section of the Bump.

Re: July Siggy Challenge-Favorite Summer Treats

• meq124meq124 member
    edited July 2016
    I guess I will go first! Nothing better on a hot summer day than beer, especially now that it's summer and I can't have any  :'(

ETA: words are hard

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Here is mine. I'm from Wisconsin, so of course I need to go with lemon ice from Culver's. OMG... I need some right now.

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker

• because anything poolside is my favorite! 

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wirtlehmwirtlehm member
    edited July 2016
    Mine is Superman Ice cream- It has been my favorite ever since I was a little kid and didn't realize until recently that you only find it in Michigan where I am from. So yummy!! :)

We have it here in Cinci! YUM!

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

• @JDMRS if I could love tit you 100 times I would. Ryan Lochte is a most excellent summertime treat!
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @Scarlett830 Ryan Lochte>Michael Phelps
  • JDMRS said:
    @Scarlett830 Ryan Lochte>Michael Phelps
    A thousand times over
  • My favorite summer time treat is beer and baseball.  Those my baseball will be beer-less for the foreseeable future. 
  • What's a summer picnic without lemon bars? Yum!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  •  I pick Balboa Bars! I don't know if they have expanded outside of Balboa Island yet though 

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• DH's family lives in Birmingam, AL, where there is a local popsicle chain called Steel City Pops. They make the most amazing gourmet pops in the world. Flavors come in two categories: fruity and creamy, and their menu is always changing. Regardless of what you get, it's amazaballs.  
  • Since we are going the route of alcoholic beverages here...(I did think twice and almost went with affogato, but rose REALLY is my summer fave lol)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy we just got a Culvers about 20 minutes from us....I'm slightly obsessed with their cheese curds

My fav summer treat is a peach milkshake from Chick-Fil-A :smile:

Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• GoldenTMamaGoldenTMama member
    edited July 2016
    Smores and camping are my favorite summertime treats, and The Sandlot

Lost of edits because I knew I would figure out the GIF eventually... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I pick Balboa Bars! I don't know if they have expanded outside of Balboa Island yet though 
    oh man what is it? looks yummy!
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine is flavored iced coffee- coconut is my fave, tastes like summer...now i have to get decaf LOL

**~*Noelle*~**
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • meq124meq124 member
    @MrsNap_515 as a transplanted New Englander who has zero Dunkin Donuts within 50 miles of me your siggy cut me to the core!! I miss their iced coffee!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    oh man what is it? looks yummy!

A Balboa Bar is a block of vanilla ice cream on a stick, dipped in chocolate (that immediately hardens), and covered in whatever topping you want! I always get rainbow sprinkles, DH usually gets Oreo crumbles or nuts, but there's other crushed candy options too. If you've seen the show "Arrested Development," the characters have a frozen banana stand on Balboa Island... most of the real frozen banana stands also sell Balboa Bars :) 

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• meq124 said:
    @MrsNap_515 as a transplanted New Englander who has zero Dunkin Donuts within 50 miles of me your siggy cut me to the core!! I miss their iced coffee!
    hahaha!! I don't know what I would do without it, there's one at every intersection around here!! I know they sell their coffee & k-cups, but i'm sure it's not the same!
    **~*Noelle*~**
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @EnglishTeacherMama  Those ice creams are sooo good! I live, not too far away, in Long Beach and you can find those in a few places in the LA area, but you definitely have to look for them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nothing says summer like Rita's! Root beer and vanilla custard gelati please!

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @theabels  I am craving Rita's now seeing your siggy LOL
    **~*Noelle*~**
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    @meq124 WHAT!? I'm a newenglander in the middle of nowhere and there are 3 DD's each five minutes from my house.  More than the number of stop lights in town.
  • meq124meq124 member
    @kjd291 I was looking at your intro again, from the same state as you! That makes you cool in my book :) Lived in a super small area but there were plenty of Dunks around. Then I moved to the west coast and it's all Starbucks country. It's just not the same!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JDMRS  did you start a poll for siggy challenge voting yet? just checking to see if I missed anything while I was away!
    **~*Noelle*~**
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsNap_515 her profile shows that she has not been on since July 10th - if anyone else wants to take over that'd be good. We can discuss who our favorites are in this thread and then start a new thread with a poll for votes and then discuss August siggy challenge :)