Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Enjoying Life Before Having a Baby

Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to this community. I feel I need to be part of a group of women who understand how I feel (I love telling my husband everything, but let's be real, women understand women better). I am newly married, going on a year soon, but I have wanted to be a mom since I can rememeber! Just about two months ago my husband and I decided to start giving it a shot. I know it hasn't been long at all, but I am already starting to feel frustrated with planning pregnacy, tracking ovulation, making time for the baby dance at the right time (and it seems thats always the busiest week of the whole month), and then playing the waiting game. The last few times AF shows up I start balling or just get really disappointed. Like I said, I know it has only been a few months for me, but I am sure you know the feeling. I am trying not to focus on the fact that I am not pregnat yet and rather enjoy the time I have as a young wife; living life with my best friend. This past month has been better and I found myself less depressed, but its hard to focus when literally EVERYONE I know is pregnat (or at least it seems that way). My Facebook is flooded with preggo bellies, little babies, ultrasound photos, baby showers, women talking about all their symptoms, etc. I am happy for them, yet I can't help but wnat to tell them to shut up sometimes. I just want to live each day and enjoy it and just let things fall into place when they are meant to, but I need to stay focus and not get jealous of others. How have you overcome this problem? I would appreciate if you share your experience or just to know I am not alone and crazy! Haha.

Re: Enjoying Life Before Having a Baby

• Options
    BasherbabyBasherbaby member
    edited June 2016
    yesileos said:
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to this community. I feel I need to be part of a group of women who understand how I feel (I love telling my husband everything, but let's be real, women understand women better). I am newly married, going on a year soon, but I have wanted to be a mom since I can rememeber! Just about two months ago my husband and I decided to start giving it a shot. I know it hasn't been long at all, but I am already starting to feel frustrated with planning pregnacy, tracking ovulation, making time for the baby dance at the right time (and it seems thats always the busiest week of the whole month), and then playing the waiting game. The last few times AF shows up I start balling or just get really disappointed. Like I said, I know it has only been a few months for me, but I am sure you know the feeling. I am trying not to focus on the fact that I am not pregnat yet and rather enjoy the time I have as a young wife; living life with my best friend. This past month has been better and I found myself less depressed, but its hard to focus when literally EVERYONE I know is pregnat (or at least it seems that way). My Facebook is flooded with preggo bellies, little babies, ultrasound photos, baby showers, women talking about all their symptoms, etc. I am happy for them, yet I can't help but wnat to tell them to shut up sometimes. I just want to live each day and enjoy it and just let things fall into place when they are meant to, but I need to stay focus and not get jealous of others. How have you overcome this problem? I would appreciate if you share your experience or just to know I am not alone and crazy! Haha.
    Hello and welcome! I second what PP said about reading the newbie guide. I am new here too and it took me a little while to get the hang of the community structure.

But, to reply to your post: It can definitely get frustrating when it looks like everyone else is pregnant and you're not. Have you tried tracking your cycles by temping, using OPK or monitoring CM? I started doing that and it has made the waiting experience more bearable. Knowing what is going on in your body can help ease the stress of TTC. You get to look forward to "happy sex week" and then you can look forward to testing in two or so weeks. Just my 2 cents. Good luck and stick around!

edited because I suck at words
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsFL2015 said:
    Edit:  I also wanted to add that while you're upset/frustrated/envious of all these people with babies, remember that they too could have struggled with TTC, infertility, losses, etc.  So, why you feel like you might want to "tell them to shut up" (and I get that), they might have walked in your shoes at one point too.   That's why it's best to stop comparing because you truly don't know what struggles another person has been through.  
    This! I know DH and I just started TTC, but we were have a bunch of friends and family members who have been open and honest about their struggles to conceive (infertility, losses, etc). I am so grateful for them and their honesty because that is the side of TTC that people don't like to show but it is real. If not for these people, I may have been affected by the posts I see on FB too, but I don't mind them. Some of them endured years of trying to get their LO and it makes me happy to know that something they've wanted and tried for for so long is finally happening!

*TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17