November 2015 Moms

Gerber fruit/veggie pouches?

opinions on these?! 

Re: Gerber fruit/veggie pouches?

• I personally don't use them the video with the maggots creeped me out too much when DD1 was a baby. My sister loves them with her daughter and they are easy to throw in a diaper bag and have food when you go somewhere. I just bring the jars/food in tupperware 
  • We love squeeze pouches but I'm cheap so I make my own - I bought the reusable Nature's Little Squeeze pouches and I fill them myself with baby food. 
  • Loading the player...
  • LO usually eats whatever we are eating but I do keep the Peter Rabbit organic pouches on hand just in case. 
  • I don't trust them unless I put them in a bowl and look at them
  • I thr plum  peter rabbit and earth's best  but I always squeeze some out before giving it to him. Happy total organic also has clear passes so you can look at it before opening.
  • We tried them when DS was little and he didn't like them. Then there was the mold scare. Gross!! Plus, they have a shelf life of over a year and they claim to have fruit in them. That can't be healthy. I do see their appeal with the convenience though.
  • We haven't used pouches yet but I'm sure I'll buy some reusable ones to fill with homemade food for convenience. We have some travel plans this summer so these seem like they'd come in handy. Anyone who uses reusable pouches have a brand they would recommend?
  • We like these: Reusable Food Pouch (6 Pack) - Easy to Fill and Clean - Double Zipper Means No Leaking - Perfect for Homemade and Organic Baby Food - Suitable for Babies, Toddlers and Kids of All Ages https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TXBSHBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HqRDxbYKTCHQR

They're a good price, and they don't have any edges for food to get stuck in on the inside. Also they're dishwasher safe. 
  • rachswi said:
    We like these: Reusable Food Pouch (6 Pack) - Easy to Fill and Clean - Double Zipper Means No Leaking - Perfect for Homemade and Organic Baby Food - Suitable for Babies, Toddlers and Kids of All Ages https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TXBSHBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HqRDxbYKTCHQR

They're a good price, and they don't have any edges for food to get stuck in on the inside. Also they're dishwasher safe. 
    Thanks these sound perfect!
  • Just thought I would add that these straws work great! Im kind of a germ freak so we used these with DD. I liked them bc DD didn't put her mouth all over the top of the store bought pouch. And they also happy with not making such a big mess. The straws keep the purée from coming out so fast. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AWLZFG6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1467455619&sr=8-1&keywords=squeeze+pouch+straw&pi=SY200_QL40

My grocery store had them (Publix).
  • I use them if we're out somewhere for the day since I wouldn't be able to keep homemade food refrigerated. I do squirt them out onto a spoon first and then feed him, though.
  • Some brands have started using the see through pouches which make me feel better.   They have been lifesavers for me with DS as they are an easy grab and go snack.  Haven't given them to DD yet give all her issues with solids.
  • My kiddo just isn't very into the pouches.  Probably should've figured that out before buying a set of reusable ones, hahaha.  I try one every few weeks, when a good organic brand goes on sale, to see if she's changed her mind.  She's much more into little bits of finger food these days.  It's 90% homemade/fresh food at home but I now keep a stash of those freeze dried yogurt drops and "puffs" for diaper bag snacks.