Blended Families

Step daughter rant

needaprinceneedaprince member
edited June 2016 in Blended Families
desperately need help, advice, words of encouragement... something, anything! Let me start off by saying that I do my absolute best to be a good step parent. I have 4 step daughters and I love them all. Now for the issue... my oldest step daughter is 21 and living with us still. She has no regard for rules, respect of other people's property and does next to nothing to help out around the house. She goes and comes as she pleases, has a job but no car, doesn't go to school, and doesn't have any bills. With a new baby in the house and 3 other young children here as well, I feel like she is a terrible example. She is disrespectful to me now that she has made amends with her mom and has a new boyfriend. She makes time to go out, help her mom, and do everything else but the very little I ask her to do around here is done half a** or done days later. She takes my stuff without asking and does wax vapor and drinking in my house,  which I do not allow.  I'm just beyond fed up with the treatment and I'm miserable in my home. Not to mention, she has her own room while the 3 younger children share one room and she's hardly here. Sorry this is so long, but the cherry on top is that she plays daddy's girl when my husband finally talks to her and other then that, he defends her by saying she's 21 and hardly here.  I'm running out of options and I don't want to let this ruin my marriage or break up my family but it's really stressing me out so much I'm writing this at 3am!

Re: Step daughter rant

• Why can't she live with her mom?  Or better yet... She's an adult, she should be living on her own.... 
    Me&DH married 04-04-14 
    A- Stepdaughter - 3-30-2008 
    K-Mine 02-04-2013 
    S- Ours 12-21-2015 
    New babies Feb 4 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If she wants to make her own rules and set her own hours she needs to leave and find her own home.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no. Put your foot down girl. You need to tell her husband she needs to obey your house rules or find a new place to live. And if it's a problem then you will take your kids to a better environment. She's an adult ! If she can't follow the rules you have the right to kick her ass out ! And if everything is so damn great with her mom then she can go live with her. She's 21 not 2. Not 12. 21. Drinking age. He needs to stop enabling her by saying she's only 21 uh no she's an adult ! And I would tell your husband how you feel. Look this is not okay and it's putting a strain on our relationship. You need to do something or were not going to work.