TTC After a Loss

*TTCAL Check-In Week of June 27*

13»

Re: *TTCAL Check-In Week of June 27*

• @AliciaGoose I am very sorry that your cycle is stressing you out. I know my first cycle temping after my loss my temperatures were pretty crazy pre and post O. They are even now a little different a couple cycles after but seem to be leveling out. I hope yours levels out soon and that your testing next cycle gives you some answers.

I am not sure if my OB is just different or if it is because this was my first pregnancy and loss but I have never had betas done or had my progesterone levels checked while pregnant last time. I wonder if they had if I could of had more of a heads up.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @AliciaGoose I agree with @lilylover27 that your temps should hopefully even out the further out from your loss that you are. I can completely sympathize with analyzing your chart and freaking out. Unfortunately temping is not a perfect science, so I try to remind myself of that. Plus it helps when other ladies here talk me down off my crazy ledge (not saying you are crazy, but I know I am!) I think CD21 labs are a great idea to give you more concrete info, but I know the waiting sucks. I hope next cycles temps get better for you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
    edited July 2016
    @lilylover27 I honestly got lucky that I ever even got betas or progesterone. My primary did betas because I happened to have an appointment scheduled with her for the day after I found out I was KU. The midwife at my OB did more betas when they brought me in for my 6 week appointment (when I was really only 4 based on O) because the ones from my primary were 'lower than expected' for my supposed EDD. Once they did those betas and they were rising appropriately they believed that I had ovulated late. But that's also when the midwife told me my progesterone was low (she didn't tell me how low even when I asked, just said that it was lower than they liked to see). At the time she said it could be because I was early, but I'm honestly upset that nothing more was said about it then, because I remained pregnant for an additional 2.5 weeks with progesterone that was too low to support a pregnancy. TW: m/c details. I got repeat bloodwork two days before I was supposed to go in to my '8 week' ultrasound and only because of the fact that I ovulated late and my OB wanted to try to reconcile the ultrasound with the beta to give me an EDD. I ended up going a day early because the bleeding started. And then DH and I were in limbo for a couple of days because my ultrasound showed a 5.5 week pregnancy when I should have been 6.5, and my dr started giving me supplements hoping for a last ditch effort to save things since there was a perfectly implanted pregnancy in there. It didn't work out in the end as the bleeding got worse two days later and I stopped the progesterone. End TW. Long story not so short, based on the #s I was lucky to even have gotten from that pregnancy, my OB and I decided testing my progesterone was important moving forward since it was SO low last time. This way I know if I have an actual problem producing enough progesterone or not. 

That all being said (sorry, it ended up kind of being a venting session), my OB said while low progesterone can be an indication that the pregnancy isn't viable or won't be supported, there are also a lot of women who have normal progesterone levels and still go on to miscarry. And while betas not doubling appropriately can also give you a heads up sometimes, they can also just be more stress than they are honestly worth. And in my case they did double appropriately so that part wasn't a predictor for me. 

@Wishilivedinflorida Thank you for the reassurance! I know I shouldn't put a lot of stock into this chart. I'm not even trying to get KU this month. I just wanted to have an idea of when AF would come and to see if I even ovulated (I think I did on CD 30). But now I'm reading too much into everything because that's basically just what I do! And yeah I agree the labs are a good call. My OB did give me the choice of just immediately starting to supplement the next time we try, or getting the bloodwork. He said the bloodwork comes with a little risk because if I do have a problem, then technically we're starting supplementation a week later than we should have. But DH and I both agreed we would rather know if it is an issue than blindly supplement for the rest of the time TTC.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • @aliciagoose thanks for all the information! Guess my OB isn't so different then in that case. I hope your work up gives you some answers!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @AliciaGoose Don't have much to add but thinking of you and hope things level out soon.  <3 
  • @AliciaGoose If your progesterone is low, it's a very easy fix. They start you on progesterone supplements during your TWW. I took progesterone suppositories twice a day during my last pregnancy. It's kind of a chicken or an egg type thing because a bad embryo could cause low progesterone or low progesterone could cause the embryo to fail. In my case, my progesterone was 10 at 5.5 weeks and so I carried the baby another 7 weeks after I started supplements. I probably would've miscarried earlier had I not started progesterone, so that is something to consider. But unless you have low 7dpo tests you just don't know which one it is. But I tell you this to tell you that if it is a problem, it's an easy fix!!! 

Now can I just vent for a minute? I'm on cd47 after D&C and still waiting for AF. I swear I still feel ovary pain so I'm wondering if I've even ovulated yet. OPKs are negative for 4 days and even though I had what I thought was ovulation spotting 10 days ago, my cervix is soft and wet and possibly open. Is this just my body playing tricks on me? CM is lotiony, but I have never gotten true EWCM just lotiony. Can CP and CM play tricks on you like this after MC? I've been spot temping and yesterday was 97.7 which tells me nothing at all! I still have another 1.5 weeks til my Dr will see me and I'm going kind of nuts!
  • AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
    edited July 2016
    @chloe97 Thank you for the reassurance. Right as my mc was starting to happen my progesterone was actually only 3.5 which is barely ovulatory (I wasn't supplementing at that point). I know it was low at the draw 2 weeks earlier but I was never told the actual number. In the long run it is nice to know that it is an easy fix, though I do have worries about what you went through happening in terms of prolonging a pregnancy that isn't viable. But if I need the progesterone for a healthy pregnancy then I will obviously do it no matter what. 

As for your cycle, I am so sorry that your body is doing that to you. I am hopeful that you did actually ovulate already and AF will start soon. If it's any consolation my CP has literally been ALL OVER the place in the last month since my MC. It was high when I ovulated but twice since it has also felt soft and high. And I also had EWCM after I ovulated (twice) which has NEVER happened to me before. And prior to O I had 8 days of abundant EWCM. Now granted I'm only 6dpo so I can't be positive that I did O other than the fact that my temps make it look like I did (and I had a + OPK that matches the other signs). Fingers crossed for you!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • @nmd9168 Hope you're feeling better! 
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• @chloe97 I'm sorry AF still hasn't shown. FWIW, AF didn't show after my last loss until CD56. I was temping, though, which showed a possible O on CD40, but I really had no other associated signs. I hope AF shows soon for you and you don't need medication.