TTC After a Loss

*TTCAL Check-In Week of June 27*

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):

3. Rants/raves:

4. GTKY: How did you meet your DH/partner? Was it lurrvvve at first sight? Did you have a moment you "just knew"?
Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
TTC  09/15
*TW Loss mentioned*
BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
TTCAL 3/2016
Acupuncture 11/16
Dx December 2016: unexplained 
January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
Ambrose born on his due date!

Re: *TTCAL Check-In Week of June 27*

• 1.) Im not new, but I will introduce myself again. I'm Chloe. I had a MMC and D&C at 10 weeks in late November/early December got another BFP in March and after some pretty terrible C betas at 6 weeks but strong heartbeats, my baby dx with Triploidy at 12 weeks. I had a D&C in mid May.

2.) Benched and still waiting for AF, 6 weeks after my D&C. Starting to get really annoyed.

3.) Well today is my first due date. I remember getting my period on our honeymoon thinking that June 27th, which is my grandmas birthday, would be my due date if I got pregnant that cycle. I miss the innocence I had 9 months ago. I'm doing ok, though I'm a worried that I'm a bit of a ticking time bomb and will melt down later this summer, but today I'm doing okay. I took today off thinking we'd do something fun, but we marking this occasion by meeting with a new RE and going to couples counseling. We had a consultation with an RE right before I got my last BFP. It's a one doc shop and we decided to get a consultation from a big practice to see what they have to offer.

GTKY: H and I met at a wedding. I caught the bouquet and he caught the garter. I had brought a gf as a date and so I really wasn't trying to meet anyone, but he pretty much just hung around our group of friends until I finally talked to him. When I finally talked to him, I felt like he was the easiest person to talk to that I've ever met. So it wasn't love at first sight, but I knew that there was definitely  something there.

• lilylover27lilylover27 member
    edited June 2016
    Jumping on this first thing this morning while it is still quiet at my job, even though I probably just jinxed myself!

1. Not new but I did see new names last week so I will recap just in case. Started TTC #1 in September 2016, BFP in January 2016, MMC in March 2016 at 8 weeks followed by Cytotec. TTCAL June 2016.

2. WTO, CD11 hopefully will O sometime this week! FX!

3. Rave: I got a Kindle Paperwhite from DH for our anniversary and OMG I love it! I am usually a total book snob, I am always like I hate e-readers I like a feel of a real book and flipping the pages and everything! Well I am in love with this Kindle, I mean yea nothing beat the feel and smell of a real book, but the screen on the Kindle doesn't have glare! I read in direct sunlight over the weekend and had no problems! An e-reader is just easier because you can get books faster and cheaper (which is great because I go through like a book every week or two so my book bill was adding up!).
    Only rant I have today is I am very tired and cranky and didn't get to watch GOT last night so I will be watching it today after work, but of course that means no social media because I don't want any spoilers, so please everyone if you can, NO GOT SPOILERS?!? :) Thanks!

4. When DH and I first met I had a boyfriend at that time. My SIL (was just dating my brother at the time) was friends with DH in high school. Well my brother and SIL's birthdays are only a day apart so they had a joint birthday party at my parents house. I was still in High School (senior) and had a boyfriend. Since they were all in college they were drinking. Well DH walked into the screen door of my parents house and broke it, so the first thing I ever said to him was that he was and idiot. Fast forward another year and a half, I had just broken up with the boyfriend and DH happened to be at a mutal friends party. It was a party so we were both drinking and I said hey I remember you and he was like yea you called me and idiot! We talked all that night and I kissed him (totally not my style but hey blame it on the alcohol) and I put my number in his phone and told him to get in touch with me. I left the party without saying goodbye (whoops) and then the next day I had a message on FB. I did not have text messaging at the time so apparently DH had texted me but was worried when I didn't answer. To make a long story short, we then dated for a little under a year, got engaged for a year and a half and now married for 5 years! So yea not love at first sight but it is just funny how things work out sometimes!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @chloe97 sorry that today is the first EDD, please take whatever time you need and I hope the day isn't too unbearable for you. How cute the way you and your husband met! It was like it was meant to happen!
  • 2. WTO, CD 4. AF just about done; almost time to pee on more things!

3. Rant: Well, I spent yesterday alternating between writhing and screaming in pain! I had a severe gastritis attack, which knocked me out in the afternoon very suddenly. I would have thought I was dying if I didn't have one years and years ago from taking aspirin. This time it was a combo of taking a full days worth of ibuprofen, lemonade and half a beer. I guess the delicate balance of my stomach lining was thrown off by a couple extra things than normal. For those of you who are not familiar, it feels like your spine is on fire!! I'm OK today, just taking it easy and eating a lot of shredded wheat.

Rave: Had a wonderful bbq with my oldest friend. Her boyfriend is such a keeper - trying to become a firefighter (idk everyone I know has younger partners). He's so well mannered! She brought her sweet dog and we just had a really relaxing, pleasant evening on the deck. I've known her since we were twelve but never known her boyfriends (she was in London with her others) - it's really nice to see her evened out and intimate. We started planning a trip to see her mom who lives out in a small city not too far from Toronto. I love her mom! 

GTKY: I met my husband at a truly weird time in my life. I had just moved to Montreal and my best friend had just died. I had a really wild summer - w i l d. There was this terribly complicated thing with my ex-gf who jerked me around for months on end. DH had also just moved to Montreal and he seemed funny and slight irreverent on his OKCupid profile. We met for a date at the end of August to walk along the waterfront near my house - because I had a date with a tattoo artist I had just met at 10 pm that night. He was so shy! He was so sweet! We had really easy conversation and you could tell he wasn't the kind of person who usually did. I kissed him near the end of the date, because he didn't seem to have the confidence to tell if things were romantic or not. He froze! I thought "oh my god he's never been kissed before" (not true). We parted ways and I thought I'd never hear from him again because he wasn't interested. Lucky I did! I continued to date both of them for a few weeks. That was really tiring. On our fourth date or so, I knew that was it. I broke it off with the other guy, who had trouble understanding it was over. I spent many evenings talking with my roommate about when the right time to lock it down was - and he just giggled and said we were going to marry. I said six months tops. I did have a moment and it was on the metro just before I asked him to be my official boyfriend and it was crowded and he looked at me and everything and everyone else disappeared and I knew. We moved in together two months later. I proposed a week after that. We got married that summer!

@chloe97 That's adorable, like all the old wives tales were conspiring to get you together. And I'm sorry. All my spare strength coming to you to help you through today.

@lilylover27 I come from antiquarian books where ereaders are the end of the world but let me tell you all the ways I love ours! 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• roper2617roper2617 member
    edited June 2016
    2. TWW 5dpo

3. Rants/Rave: Nothing really happening over here, just hanging out, biding my time for AF. Not feeling confident in this cycle despite pretty great timing. Oh! Here's a rave: Clomid isn't covered by benefits (okay so that part is not a rave), so I'm checking different pharmacies for cost. So far I've checked only my pharmacy, which is the most expensive in town apparently, and the price is more reasonable than I anticipated. So that's a plus! 

4. Okay so the nice version is that we met through friends. I was 19, he was 21. The real version is a tad more detailed:  I was partying with friends and he happened to show up. I was way too intoxicated and was brought home (by him). I was a complete wreck and he made sure I got in my house safely and from what I semi remember, he was a gentleman. Somehow he was interested enough to stick around. I was absolutely not looking to be in a relationship at the time but he definitely won me over. It didn't take long after we started dating though for me to realize that he is the one person that I want to spend my entire life with. We've been inseparable ever since. 

Edit: I forgot words 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
    edited June 2016
    @chloe97 I am glad you are doing OK today and taking positive steps forward. Hugs to you if you need them. 

@lilylover27 I'm totally all over the ebook bandwagon. Don't get me wrong, I still purchase and love actual dead tree books. But nothing beats the convenience of an ebook. 

@reneeannemm That sounds horrible. I am glad you are ok today!

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I intro'd a few days ago but I'm very new so I'll go for it again. My name is Alicia. We started officially TTC in February of 2016. BFP at the very beginning of May. MC confirmed end of May around 6.5 weeks. I had a natural mc and my HCG went back down to 0 pretty quickly. Still waiting for my first AF but think it should arrive in a couple weeks.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): Benched. I'm hopeful that I ovulated a couple of days ago (+ OPK that went -, temp shift, FF gave me crosshairs) so I'm really excited to move on from this cycle and get to TTC again.

3. Rants/raves: I'm actually a bit nervous because I had 8 days of EWCM leading up to what I think was my O (in a normal cycle I have 3). My chart has looked like the Rocky Mountains this month. And Thursday night I drank so my Friday temp (which was an important one) could definitely be skewed. All of that being said my signs lined up for O 3-4 days ago, and I was convinced it happened (especially when I got CHs), so when DH asked yesterday if I O'd and I said yes, we had sex without a condom. This morning I woke up to lots of EWCM. I took an OPK but my urine was super diluted. It was negative but darker than the last one I took a couple days ago. I'm freaking out a bit because if I haven't ovulated yet then I made a BIG mistake. We were technically supposed to be benched for two cycles. We decided to unbench after 1. But neither of us wanted to try this cycle. And if we 'accidentally' did then it's definitely on me for not being more cautious. 

4. GTKY: How did you meet your DH/partner? Was it lurrvvve at first sight? Did you have a moment you "just knew"?
    We actually met in high school. We were 'best friends' for two years before we started dating but were totally in love the entire time and spent every waking moment together. It's funny because we never had an awkward first 'I love you' moment since we had been saying it before we even got together. I can't think of one single moment where I knew. I feel like I always just 'knew. But if there was one it happened when we were still just friends because once we started dating it was like we both had already made up our minds that this was the real deal.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • @chloe97 Do something nice for yourself today! Thinking of you.
    @lilylover27 I'm obsessed with my kindle!

1. Just to recap. TTC # 1. Had an early MC June 1st and now we are back at it.

2. TWW 2 DPO 

3. Rave- Finally in the TWW. For some reason TWW is less stressful for me. It's going to be a low-key week at work so that is a plus!

4. DH and I meet in NYC on a high school chorus trip. I had never talked to him before and he just struck up a conversation with me. I had a boyfriend at the time who was not very nice. DH was a very close friend and a shoulder to cry for a couple of years. I finally got smart and dumped by boyfriend. DH and I have been together ever since...10 years!!
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):
    6 DPO and trying to be as cool as a cat

3. Rants/raves:
    Temping has been really fun! Always great to learn about your own body. :smile:

Anyone have a friend who changes when they drink alcohol? My BFF is a great gal but she became so condescending and just mean to our DH's the other night. She started saying how funny it'd be to kick them in the balls and telling loudly how her DH had once kissed her friend (WAY before they ever started dating) and it made my DH and I super uncomfortable. Her DH got fed up and left the table. She settled down a bit by the end of the night but ugh. She and her DH are overall solid but I wonder if there's something I need to do to help prevent this behavior? And her drunk meanness is most usually directed towards males, not friends or people not present that she cares about.  

I met my DH in 9th grade. We were friends at first, and he was my best friend by the time we graduated high school. I was dating another guy from HS our freshman year of college, but I was 700 miles away so it was long distance. Both he and my future DH went to the same college, and I transferred there the next year.

Well, my BF decided it wasn't fun to have me so close and dumped me the first week I got there. My best friend consoled me and suddenly got flirty! The guy who never even wanted to go to the movies alone with me in HS was suddenly putting his arm around me and letting me snuggle against him.

We eventually started cuddling and spending the night in each other's arms (aw, I know lol) but didn't make out or do anything sexual. After a couple weeks, we finally confessed our feelings and officially started dating. And then cued the make-outs love fests! We were unique in that the night we officially became SO's, we already knew we'd get married. We were each other's closest friend and there was no way we'd jeopardize that unless it was for life.

Now we've been married for 4.5 years and together for almost 11. Sometimes I wonder if I should've played the field more but then quickly realize how great I've got it. I was DH's first and only SO, so I so feel lucky for that as well. He'd always wanted to find The One ASAP and I'm glad that it was me. 
  • @dubcompanion The more I see you post the weirder it is because we have so many things in common! I said the same thing above about my DH. We started officially dating right after I graduated (he's actually 2 years younger) after being friends for years. Once we made the leap and started dating we knew it was the real thing and I don't think there was ever a question on either of our minds about it. It was like once we took that step we knew it would be forever. 

@allysondunn2 I also find the TWW less stressful! Most people don't agree. But at that point everything is out of your hands. It's less work.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @AliciaGoose Seriously, are we the same person? Your love story sounds so similar to mine! 

@reneeannemm Whoa, your day yesterday sounded intense. Glad you feel better today. 

@chloe97 that's so cute you two met at a wedding! 

Edited for grammar...I'd been mobile Bumping
  • @AliciaGoose :lol: I think we even noticed our similar stories at the same time. 
  • @chloe97- Im sorry this is a hard day for you today.
    @lilylover27 - I love my ereader (nook) I never thought I would bec I loved reading actual books so much but now i read everything on my nook. Its great for travelling too. And no spoilers but you have a great GOT ep to look forward too later!
    @reneeannemm _ im so sorry about your gastritis attack -just what you need in the middle of all this. Hope you continue to feel better!
    @roper2617 - boo to clomid not being covered. There are so many small setbacks in this process!

1. My DH and I have been TTC since May 2015. Got our first BFP on 1/28/16 which ended in mmc in early March 2016. I am in my second cycle of TTCAL.

2. CD8- getting ready for for my FW. I feel like timing has been an issue for us in the past so Im determined to get it right this cycle which might just mean lots of BDing. lol

3.) Feeling good DH and I had a really fun day together yesterday - we went to a bunch of new breweries in the area, went out for Mexican and then came home and watched Game of Thrones together. Love this part of the cycle when you are over getting AF but before all the pressure and anxiety of the FW and TWW.  We have a bunch of fun stuff planned over the next couple of weeks so hopefully I can keep my positive attitude going.

4.) DH and I met online and had our first date six years ago today where we went out for sushi and to see the movie Grown Ups. One thing I remember is feeling comfortable right away with him.
  • @dubcompanion I was my DH's first serious girlfriend as well! My first serious boyfriend lasted a little over 2 years. I was a lot of firsts for DH ;) he always wanted to wait for the right person. I once thought before we got married if I was rushing into it but there is no one better than him. I can be a complete crazy person and he still loves me. He is my best friend and knows all my secrets, even the really bizarre thought ones!

@aliciagoose @allysondunn2 @reneeannemm glad I am not the only convert to e-reader love! While I sit at work all I can think about it how I much rather just be home reading right now!

@roper2617 I think we all have a nice version we tell of meeting someone. When I said there was alcohol what I really meant to say is I was drunk, haha but hey it all works out!
  • @TScalei ugh I cannot wait to watch it!! I will definitely want to talk about it once I do! Oh and I am on CD11 so we aren't that far off! Nice to see some people that will hopefully be POAS buddies over in TWW hopefully soon!
  • @chloe97 sorry about your first EDD. I'm glad you and DH will be together today. Take care of yourself.

@reneeannemm glad you are feeling better and on the mend. 

@dubcompanion I had a friend that was a terrible drunk. She used to be fun but she just couldn't handle the booze. She made a lot of situations very awkward. It definitely gets old and it's hard to be around. 

2. Status. TWW 3dpiui So far so good... 

3. Rants/ Raves. Nothing comes to mind right now. Things are relatively calm so I'll take it. That's a rave :) 

4. GTKY. DH and I worked at the same company but different departments. We didn't sit too far from each other and I noticed him and thought he was a good looking guy but that was it. I was going through a lot at the time. Fast forward about a year and half or so and one night my department was working late and ius girls were chatting and talking about how there were no good looking guys at our company- I piped up and brought up DH and right then he happened to walk by and said hi. I joked with him as he was growing a beard- and asked if it was his play off beard since our local baseball team was in the play offs. We started talking more and discovered we were both in the process of divorce. A friendship began and we became very close. We took it really slow and about 2 months later we decided to take things to the next level. It was a beautiful time and a very hard time for the both of us since one chapter was ending and another was just beginning. We moved in together about a year and a half later and got married a year after that. 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): Currently waiting for AF after my egg retrieval for IVF last week .We are not doing a fresh transfer, and will instead do a frozen transfer in a few weeks after getting our PGS testing results back. Hopefully there will be embryos to test!

3. Rants/raves:
    I'm currently looking for a new therapist. I under estimated the psychological impact of IVF and the hormonal roller coaster of everything. We had our egg retrieval last week and only got 9 eggs. I only stimmed for a week, and over responded to the med protocol so they had to retrieve or risk losing the whole cycle. Out of the 9 eggs only 4 fertilized with ICSI, which is terrible. Likely the eggs retrieved were either over mature (I had a few HUGE follicles which was the problem) or under mature. Hopefully, it's not indicative of my egg quality, but now I'm worried. 

Raves are the weather has been beautiful and I am so lucky to have my husband. I would be an even crazier person than I currently am without him.  

I met DH while I was the general manager of a local, seasonal restaurant. He heard I was from a town nearby to his and started visiting me at work, coming in for late dinners, chatting me up etc. He felt very familiar to me right from the start, but I was sort of ambivalent at first. One day I was driving to meet him for dinner and I had this overpowering thought that this was it and he is my person. I remember the exact moment and it was one of the first times in my life I truly trusted my gut 
    instinct and went forward knowing I was doing the right thing. 

@reneeannemm I always love your GTKYs! You must throw a great dinner party, with amazing food and good conversation. 

@chloe97 Thinking of you today. Glad you and DH are keeping busy and getting information to move forward with.

@dubcompanion Wow, what a dinner date. I feel for your friend's DH (and you and DH), that just sounds awful. Does she maybe have a problem with alcohol? I have a big circle of friends in recovery and when they used to be active drinkers we had experienced many a night of discomfort like you describe. Anyways, for my own reasons from my past I have no patience for mean drunkeness. My friends/family are well aware, that if they drink and start to be mean or aggressive I am all done and will leave immediately. You sound like a good friend wanting to help her. 

@tscalei Your day yesterday sounds awesome! I need a brewery trip. I used to work in a brewery in Wyoming and it's given me so much appreciation for craft brews. 
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @lilylover27 Isn't it great to have a DH who basically had a squeaky clean record prior to you? I like to joke that I trained him to be really good at stuff! :wink:

@roxgibbons @bornreadyI think she does have signs of problems with alcohol. She's mentioned before that if she starts, she can't have just one. She is also aware that she can get aggressive when drunk and has noticeably decreased the number of days she drinks per week. The other night was her birthday party though so she overindulged. 

I'm thinking the best I can do right now is to think of ways to hang out where alcohol is not accessible. There are still many activities and hangouts we have where we're completely sober, but the fewer and farther between these aggressive instances we have, the better. (Especially when her DH is subjected to it.)

Also, @BornReady, I'm so sorry about the anxiety that IVF is causing. Glad to hear you're seeking professional help that'll be the support you need throughout the process. 
  • @chloe97 thinking of you today, I'm so sorry.

2. Benched, at least until next endocrine appt 7/22.

3. R/R: Rant: AF has not shown up this month. What a pisser. I don't think that has ever happened-not even after MC. Definitely not KU'd by accident. I'm guessing it may be thyroid related, going into work this afternoon to have my medical assistant draw my blood (which I was already planning on anyway--have to take at 1 month mark and fax to endo). On the plus side, perhaps just to enjoy not having AF when there's nothing I can do about it anyway? ;-)

4. GTKY: I met DH at an inoppurtune time in my life. I was dating a guy from Brazil and was supposed to spent ~3 weeks with his family in Sao Paulo over Christmas when Thanksgiving he calls and says he got another girl pregnant. So I went and hid in NY and Texas with my family over the holidays. There is a sushi restaurant/bar 2 blocks from my condo in Atlanta I used to frequent all the time with my friends but hadn't been in 2 years because my new mortgage was kicking my ass---had saved enough and forced myself to take myself out to dinner that night (the first week of January 2011). He was my bartender :-). Apparently, he had started working there right after I stopped going. To think, for 2 years he was only 2 blocks away!  
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Thank you for the support everyone, I am so glad that I took the day off and can enjoy our beautiful weather today. I think feeling llke I am being proactive helps today too. 

I love everyone's significant other meeting stories! Keep them coming!

@dubcompanion I went through a similar experience when I was 30. I feel like that is the time when you stop excusing inappropriate behavior whlle drinking. My best guyfriend had always been stubborn when he was drinking, but he was getting more and more out of control each time we drank with him. He refused to admit he had a problem, so I stopped hanging out with him about 6 years ago. Unfortunately, it turns out he had been violent towards his wife multiple times and she ended up in the ER and subsequently divorced him. None of our friends talk to him anymore. I'm not saying your friend is on that level, but at some point you have to start to question whether you have more or less fun when she is around. If the answer is always less fun, you don't need that in your life. 

@reneeannemm So sorry about your gastritis. Hope you feel better soon!

@BornReady I'm so sorry to hear about your egg retrieval results. Are they undergoing PGS right now? Is it still possible that one or 2 could be normal? If so FX. And YES, I feel like I do MUCH better when my hormones are dormant (like right now while I wait for AF). When my cycle picks back up, I expect to be all over the place again. I can imagine with the hormones you take with IVF, it's much worse. Good call about meeting with a new therapist. H and I are going to couples counseling which is VERY helpful. I also recommend that if you can swing it. I do need to find a new individual therapist though, because I know it won't be long til I am back feeling crazy again.

• @chloe97 I think you bring up a great point about the age with drinking thing. There is definitely an age when people separate from the pack so to speak. For a period of time I think the majority of people in their college years/20's will drink alcoholically at one time or another. Somewhere though people start to change their behavior, but statistically there will be a few that cannot. 

As far as my egg results, we need to see how many make it to day 5 which is tomorrow. If any are still developing normally they will be biopsied and sent out for pGS testing. The embryos will be frozen at my facility until transfer. Any good vibes, prayers, voo doo is welcome for the next 24 hours!
  • @chloe97 Thank you for sharing your story. My friend and I are sober/only have had a couple drinks 90% of the time. It's the 10% belligerent drunkness that worries me. (And we're not together 24/7 so who knows what other people have seen.) I think the last time I saw my friend be super aggressive was 2 years ago at her bachelorette party. She screamed at her mom (whom she is close to) that it was all her fault that she'd had a terrible childhood and that's why she has issues. Her mom didn't argue back and simply left. I'm sure that incident rubbed our friends the wrong way, but I'm not close enough with them to talk to them about it.

As mentioned in my other post, she's made steps to decrease her likelihood of getting to that point. But she's about to have a stressful upcoming year of moving into a new home, vying to get promoted at her job, and eventually start TTC. I guess I just hope she doesn't use the juice to destress, as she has in the past. So as her best friend, I'll do what I can to prevent that. 

I also should add my friend just turned 27. I'm a bit older, but that is all the more reason to want to spread my dirty thirty wisdom.

@amberruka How did I not notice sooner you had a Tardis in the background of your wedding photo??? That just made your guys' love story even better! 

@BornReady Voodooing and Vibing all the way for you!

• @dubcompanion hahaha we're really not fans of the show, but yes! We got married at the courthouse in New Orleans (across the river from the French Quarter, where DH's mom lives in Algiers Point) and walked to our favorite little British pub there, the Crown and Anchor. The Tardis was put on last year, I think. Great place if you are ever in NOLA! It's so tiny they don't serve food, so we had a grilled cheese food truck parked in front for the ~25 people we had with us that afternoon :smile:
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): 7 DPO. We weren't trying since i haven't had AF since my D&C but made an irresponsible choice after Gin and Tonics, which I'm trying not to stress about since my Dr. said there was no reason not to try this month... I'm not sure it's even a possibility since our timing was -2. However, this surely won't keep me from peeing on all the sticks. 

3. Rants/raves:
    I had to be out of the office all last week for a training and now i am so behind I don't know how to catch up (ahem, step one, get off the Bump). A rave would be that we just got a big (for us) grant for operating funds and anyone working in the nonprofit sector knows those are incredible hard to come by (don't get me started), so it's definitely an awesome Monday!

We met on okcupid (although I like to tell people it was a Nickleback concert). We went out for trivia first, and then lots of runs. I don't think it was crazy love at first site, but here is some meme people post to the effect of that your soul mate shouldn't make your heart race or make you crazy, but should make you calm (I totally am bastardizing this). Anyway, that's how I feel about my DH, he makes my soul calm and feels like a piece that wasn't missing, but makes me complete. He's the best. 

@chloe97 Thinking of you today. I'm glad you can enjoy the weather.

@reneeannemm I hope you continue to recover and feel back to normal soon!

@BornReady Sending you lots of positive thoughts!

@AliciaGoose I feel like I went through a very similar experience with the timing, as much as I blame the booze, I thought I was in the the clear and then had a positive OPK the next morning followed by a temp shift. Even though we had a green light, I wanted to take a cycle for peace of mind and to let my heart recover a little. Thinking of you, I know it is stressful!
  • @dubcompanion I guess my overarching message is that you can't fix or control her behavior. You can mention your concerns, but you can't stop her from acting out while drinking. It sounds like her husband's way of dealing with her is to walk away when she acts like that. That would be my advice as well. If it didn't get better, I would just stop doing things that involve drinking with her.  I spent the better part of my late 20s trying to help my best guyfriend get his behavior under control. I feel like I wasted a good part of my life trying to fix him and I was much happier when I walked away and could focus on my own life. I'm not saying that your situation will progress to that level, but just be aware that it may not be something that she grows out of if she is acting this way at 27.

@BornReady sending all the good vibes in the world to you! I forgot to ask if you had gotten your FSH/estradiol and AMH checked? If that all looked okay, than it seems to me that its more than likely the issue with your eggs maturing too fast has more to do with the dose of medicine they gave you than anything!
  • @chloe97 I hope af shows soon and I'm so sorry about your due date. That must be really hard. I'm glad you're taking time for yourself. 

@lilylover27 I've been thinking about getting a kindle but I really love actual books too! So torn. 

@reneeannemm what an awesome love story! That's so awesome that you proposed. Other than saying yes of course, how did your DH react to you proposing? 

@roper2617 I think it sucks that fertility treatments aren't usually covered by insurance. It's horrible. 

@AliciaGoose I hope everything works out for the best no matter what happens. 

@allysondunn2 I think the tww is less stressful too! No pressure to BD the correct days, no OPKs, no checking cm every five minutes. Lol

@dubcompanion is your friend someone that you can have an honest conversation with? Perhaps she doesn't realize how she is behaving when she's been drinking. But if her DH is annoyed to get up and walk away, I'm sure it's come up before. Maybe if she hears it from someone else she will take notice. 

@BornReady I'm sorry about your struggles with IVF. I wish I knew more about it or had good advice to give. 

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): not new but I see there are a few newbies. 6 months of TTC before first bfp  BO diagnosed at 9 weeks (first noticed an issue at 7 weeks) and D&C at 10 weeks. Now on 4th cycle TTCAL. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW and holding strong! 

3. Rants/raves: glad to just have time in my office today. We have meetings booked almost every day until mid August so I'm enjoying my time to actually get my work done. 

4. GTKY: How did you meet your DH/partner? Was it lurrvvve at first sight? Did you have a moment you "just knew"? I love this question! It's prefect timing for me since DH and I are celebrating our second wedding anniversary tomorrow! I can't believe it's been two years already!

DH and I met in high school and had art class together. I guess he always had a crush on me but I was dating his friend. We even hung out a few times at his house but just as friends. We lost touch after high school and reconnected about 10 years later on Facebook. We didn't really talk...just made casual comments on each other's posts here and there. Then a little over four years ago I was going through a break up and he was online. We starting chatting on fb and then exchanged numbers. We finally went out about a week later and have been inseparable ever since. So I guess it was more like love at second first sight for us! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    edited June 2016
    @dubcompanion I think we might be the same person. That was so funny. I didn't mention it before but even down to the cuddling and 'sleeping together' (as in straight up just sleeping) before we started dating. So crazy. 

@BornReady I am so sorry to hear about the tough time you are having psychologically, but I am happy you are seeking out a therapist so you can meet the anxiety head on. Sending major good vibes to you in the coming days!

@amberruka I like the positive thinking of making the most of no AF!

@TScalei Enjoy all the extra BDing  ;)

@Amdogger82 I know exactly how you feel! We were benched but even if we weren't I wanted to take this cycle off. It almost felt like waiting one cycle was a reset to me in a way. I'm going to end up peeing on sticks now too! Because why wouldn't I? It's nice to commiserate with someone in the same boat. Thinking of you as well. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • 2.) CD1 (booo). I think this is the 4th or 5th cycle trying after two losses. I am having a terrible time lately. My second due date is in a couple of days and the anniversary of my first loss is right after July 4th. I feel I've been good about being positive and handling things well, but my hormones are making me feel BSC.

Thinking of you today
    @chloe97

3.) see above, I guess! Also I am disappointed to have my period again, but we leave for a big trip in a week or so, so I am glad not to have to deal with the early pregnancy jitters so far away from home.

4.) So much young love on the board! I met DH when I was 17 at church youth group, haha. I had to be convinced at first, but once I got to know him a little better, I always knew we would get married. We even broke up for over a year but got back together. We've been married almost 12 years! I am super proud of our marriage and very thankful for him.
  • @BornReady I'm sorry. Sometimes it's feels like when you've turned a corner there's another monster waiting there for you.

@MooFish2364 He was totally relieved! He was so shy back then, he'd told all his friends we were totally going to get married already but I don't know how he'd ever scrape up the courage to propose. I knew it was on me and I tried to be "reasonable" and wait the appropriate year or whatever it is and I just couldn't, it just spilled out of me. I'd not been someone who was interested in marriage, he and everything about us together just knocked me down cold. I'm so grateful it worked out like this - he is my perfect match and complementary partner in every way.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @MooFish2364 I think I can broach it with her, but I'll have to find the right moment. Otherwise she might brush it off. She's brought up her drunk behavior in the past on her own, but then quickly deflected from it - like she's worried the convo would get serious. I think I'm more concerned about it now that I've hit the magical 30, and we're no longer 22 & 25. It's the age of dawning realization that we're not kids anymore and things need to change.

@chloe97 Walking away when she gets like that is a good idea. She's yet to direct it at me, but I can still make a stand by not accepting her behavior towards others. That might actually get the picture across even more so, since she might expect the person she's intending to piss off/feel hurt to walk away and therefore feels like she's "won." But if other people don't tolerate it, she'll realize she's going too far and doesn't have support.

@AliciaGoose That's even better that the innocent sleeping together bit is the same for you two! And now I have to ask, what day in November did you two get married on? Ours is Nov. 19 (in case you can't see siggies).
  • @Bornready - Im sorry you having a difficult time with IVF. Glad you are reaching out and getting some help - hope it helps!

@SilentP - Im sorry you are having a hard day today. CD1 is always such a difficult day for me too.  For me it feels like you are getting back on a ride you don't want to be on. Hopefully getting a way for a bit will help you!

@amberruka - I love your story of how you met DH - you never know when your life is going to turn around. Gives me some hope with everything we all have going on now.
    edited June 2016
    @MooFish2364 I think I can broach it with her, but I'll have to find the right moment. Otherwise she might brush it off. She's brought up her drunk behavior in the past on her own, but then quickly deflected from it - like she's worried the convo would get serious. I think I'm more concerned about it now that I've hit the magical 30, and we're no longer 22 & 25. It's the age of dawning realization that we're not kids anymore and things need to change.

@chloe97 Walking away when she gets like that is a good idea. She's yet to direct it at me, but I can still make a stand by not accepting her behavior towards others. That might actually get the picture across even more so, since she might expect the person she's intending to piss off/feel hurt to walk away and therefore feels like she's "won." But if other people don't tolerate it, she'll realize she's going too far and doesn't have support.

@AliciaGoose That's even better that the innocent sleeping together bit is the same for you two! And now I have to ask, what day in November did you two get married on? Ours is Nov. 19 (in case you can't see siggies).

@dubcompanion So close! 20th! Either way it's just spooky. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • @AliciaGoose Yeah, that's spooky!! Cool but crazy.
  • @chloe97 Yup, I've had all the testing and my numbers came out "perfect". The doctor was so enthusiastic about my results and even more excited that my mother didn't go through menopause until her late 50's. Hopefully, it was just the meds!
  • @chloe97 I'm so sorry that today is your EDD. My EDD of June 3 was also my grandmothers birthday, so I understand how it would've been such a special day. Take care of yourself today. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @BornReady I'm sorry you are going through a rough time. I really hope your 4 fertilized eggs turn out well. IF treatments really take a toll emotionally so I get where you are and the meds certainly don't help at all. I felt like a lunatic this last cycle.I am glad you are seeking help to help you navigate through this. I am sending you all kinds of juju and good vibes for your 4 fertilized eggs. Thinking of you.

@brooklyngirl18 thank you! I find it interesting how for over a year we barely said hi to each other and then when we were both going through trauma we made our way to each other and really helped each other out. I know it sounds cheesy but he' truly my best friend.
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • 1. I'm still new on here so I'll introduce myself. I had a d&c due to a missed mc 4/1. They said the baby died at 6.5wk, but I didn't know about the mc until my first appointment at 10wk. 

2. I'm on CD 2 so hopefully AF will be done soon (my periods have been off since the d&c so who knows), but I'm excited to try again for this month!

3. This TTCAL is a lot harder than I expected. I guess I assumed my body would go back to normal after the d&c, but that's not the case. My first cycle post d&c was about a month and I bled for two weeks which isn't normal and my last cycle was 52 days. I just hope my AF will last its usual week, so we can time BD right. The DH and are are chaperoning a trip mid July where we won't even be in the same bed for under a week so knowing my luck I'll probably O that week and we won't be able to try. However, this month I wanna start using OPKs so hopefully that will help! I'm just ready to be pregnant again. 
    All the ladies at my work are getting pregnant and they talk with me about it (they don't know about mc) and it brings me down sometimes. 

4. The DH and I met in college and he actually had another gf at the time! They broke up a few weeks later and we started dating a month after that. It wasn't love at first sight, but I think we knew after two weeks together that it was love! 

Thank you all so much for the support! It's good not to feel alone. 
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Not new but I'll do a quick recap. ttc#2, ku first cycle in January 2016 but ended in ectopic pregnancy discovered at 8 weeks, treated with methotrexate. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO cycle 2 ttcal CD15.

3. Rants/raves: rave- I had a wonderful weekend with family visiting from out of town. My husband graduates the police academy this Friday so there has been a lot going on.

rave- see WTO thread. i can't seem to turn a positive OPK test and it's making me batty. Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday I'll get a positive...

4. GTKY: How did you meet your DH/partner? Was it lurrvvve at first sight? Did you have a moment you "just knew"?  this is my favorite GTKY yet!

DH and I technically first met when I was about 18. I was with my ex bf at the time and we were out shopping. my ex recognized dh from high school and went over and said hi and introduced us. we said hi and made small talk and went about our lives. about 2 years later, my best friend had a new boyfriend and decided to have a meet the friends kind of night. DH turns out to be my friends boyfriends best friend. totally random. it took us a few minutes to realize how we knew each other and had a good laugh. i was still with my ex but he wasn't there that night and dh had an on again off again gf. over the next year or so we would hang out in a group frequently and complain about our terrible relationships to each other. eventually i broke up with my ex and he broke up with his ex and we would flirt but nothing would happen until 6 months later when he FINALLY kissed me. i actually said 'it's about time' when he did lol. I was hesitant to get involved because I knew it could complicate things if it didn't work out since our best friends were dating each other but luckily it did work out. our respective best friends got married shortly before we did and i couldn't be any happier. I find myself being more and more grateful for him as the years go on. we'll be married 4 years this fall, together for 9. this post makes me want to run home and give him a big kiss <3
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017