Baby Names
Options

Ainsley/Natalie

Hi! My DH and I are having a really hard time finding a girl name that we both like! 
He prefers names that end in an "ie" sound, and many are more masculine sounding. 
I prefer names with an "n" sound in the name, not necessarily beginning/ending with n, I just am drawn to names with that sound. 
I LOVE the name Natalie, however, we both know a person by that name and the name association is not something we can get over. 
Ainsley is a name that I keep being drawn to, but it's just not quite right. It has the "ie" and "n" sounds, but just doesn't feel right (I think of anal every time!!)
Can you all think of any names that have both an n and ie? Or similar feel to them?

Re: Ainsley/Natalie

• Options
    Natalia
    Nadine
    Nina
    Anabelle
    Amelia

• Options
    fghmama6701fghmama6701 member
    edited June 2016
    Anaïs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Melanie
    Stephanie
    Annie
    Penelope
    Nellie 

• Options
    Anaïs
    How do you pronounce this name? :)
  • Options
    Anaïs
    How do you pronounce this name? :)
    I believe it is Uh-NEYE-iss 
  • Options
    What about Ansley instead of Ainsley? 

Bethany
    Melanie
    Kennedy
    Indy/Indie

Good luck, and congratulations! 
  • Options
    kmvisiolikmvisioli member
    edited June 2016
    Kennedy was the first that came to mind, but I don't love that as a first name.

Mackensie
    Winnie
    Penelope (nn Penny)
    Millie

Edit to add: Jacklyn/Jacqueline nn Jackie
  • Options
    KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited June 2016
    I'm an Ainsley mom, so I can definitely understand the draw! ;) We didn't think anything negative of it, and we had the chance to speak with an adult Ainsley who said she'd never been teased with the "anal" reference before. In the end, though, if it doesn't feel right, it isn't right! 

Suggesting:
    Ansley 
    Aisling (there are varying pronuciations of this name but I believe the technically correct pronuciation is "Ashing"
    Ashlynn (I've seen this referred to as a "smooshname" but it's one of my favorite "lynn" names)
    Kalani 
    Melanie
    Nellie 

• Options
    Consider repeats to be endorsements.

Annemarie 
    Bethany 
    Daphne 
    Ione
    Leonie
    Melanie 
    Nancy
    Stephanie 

Another option might be to use a name that has a nn that ends in the "ie" sound.

Bernadette nn Bernie or birdie 
    Constance nn Connie
    Corinne nn Rinnie
    Frances/Francine nn Frankie or Frannie
    Minerva nn Minnie
    Winifred nn Winnie

• Options
    Love pp suggestion of Bethank. My only suggestion is Daphne.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    Ainsley has me stuck on Anisa/Anissa (honestly not sure on the spelling). You get the "e" sound in the middle if that might work for you.