TTC After a Loss

June/July Trouble TTCAL check-in

124»

Re: June/July Trouble TTCAL check-in

• That is great news @chloe97 FX that AMH comes back good.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Loading the player...
  • @chloe97 Yay for some good results so far! Hopefully your AMH one is coming soon!

@SnobunnieMel I got a real kick in the pants when I miscarried. Literally the day I found out about the MMC I received the fetal heart monitor I had ordered, because I'd seen my OB and stupidly felt confident that I was going to be having a baby (I won't make that mistake again, thanks pregnancy loss for stealing all the joy from me).
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• roxgibbonsroxgibbons member
    edited July 2016
    @chloe97 your FSH is awesome!!
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • @chloe97 yay for good results!! fx the rest of the results come back good and you can burn that bench.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @AandDM2014 was your FET today? how did it go?
  • Finally got my AMH level back from last week. Im right at 4. Basically just confirms my PCOS that I already knew I had. One more test results left waiting. I think DH is going to start calling Progenity directly soon because he is getting anxious for results.
  • Finally got my AMH level back from last week. Im right at 4. Basically just confirms my PCOS that I already knew I had. One more test results left waiting. I think DH is going to start calling Progenity directly soon because he is getting anxious for results.
    @SnobunnieMel, did your RE say that an AMH of 4 indicates PCOS? Mine was almost 9, and my OB said it was still within the range of normal for my age group.... I'm wondering if I need to see an RE about this before TTCing again....
  • @RiverSong15 I haven't talked to my RE yet. I got my results from the lab. I have seen a few ranges for AMH and the problem is none seem to be the same winds it's still considered new. The most common I saw considered 1.0-3.0 normal and over 3 PCOS. Another said over 3.9. I am previously diagnosed due to other hormone levels, hirtuism and a history of cysts in ultrasound so I kind of just consider this confirmation of known problems. I doubt it changes our plans since I'm still close to "normal". Everything I have trash said AMH alone doesn't diagnosis PCOS because it has to be in conjunction with being symptomatic, which I am 
  • @SnobunnieMel I hope your DH's results come soon so you can figure out which path you are going to go. Hang in there I know it's been rough lately but it sounds like you have two solid plans of action. 

Our IVF consult is in 2 weeks- One day I'm all for it and the next day I don't  want to do it at all. It'll be good to get all of the info. I found out though that our clinic groups the patients together so, I need to see what that's all about an show long the wait is.  
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • @SnobunnieMel What is your LH/FSH ratio ? If it's under 2 and you get regular periods than they probably won't classify you as PCOS. Are your testosterone and androgen levels normal? I think when diagnosing PCOS, they look at all of these things together. I've been worried about PCOS too bc I have polycystic ovaries (or have in past u/s) and have had increased body hair and my head hair has gotten remarkably thinner over the past 5-6 years. When I met with the RE and she heard my periods had been regular before TTC she took one look at me and said "quite frankly you don't look like you have PCOS to me". And my BMI is like 26 or 27 these days. Also, I'm reading that AMH over 6.8 is the threshold for PCOS. If you're under 33 an AMH value of 4 is actually within the normal range and a very good sign of your fertility potential! 

As for genetic testing, I'm sorry it's been so stressful for you. I hope your DH gets his results back soon and they are what you want them to be!

@roxgibbons I hear you on the IVF hesitancy. I really don't want to jump into it unless it's really our only chance. I just keep telling myself that if it's our best chance to have a baby, we will do it. Let us know how the consult goes!

• @chloe97 my labs about 5 years ago when I got diagnosed I had elevated testosterone, a ratio of 2.4, elevated glucose and I have pretty significant hirtuism on my chest/boobs and jaw line (great when you are blonde)  so my NP classified me. At the time my BMI was much lower and she made the comment I don't look PCOS stereotypically but people who are underweight can be clinical for it she explained. Now my BMI has gone up from the weight after loss depression and for some reason it keeps going up despite dietary changes and 5 workouts a week so I look like the body type. I'm still waiting to hear what my RE says about it since their lab reference on the results is the one that said over 3 was high 
  • @SnobunnieMel Thanks for asking! Transfer went as well as can be expected. My bladder of course got shy and didn't want to fill, so I almost had to have a cath in my bladder, but luckily the cath in my uterus went right in with no problem.

@RiverSong15 I am SHOCKED that with an AMH of 9 your doc says you don't have PCOS. I haven't seen anything that says over 5 isn't.

@roxgibbons When we first started at our RE, I was insistent that we wouldn't do IVF, yet here we are on the brink of having to do a second round. It's a lot to take in, but if it's your only option... 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Oh wow @SnobunnieMel that definitely sounds like PCOS to me. I don't remember you mentioning it when you were talking about consulting an RE, but yeah PCOS can definitely be contributing to RPL, it's really good they you are going. The good news is that you are PCOS and ovulating. Fx they figure out a good plan for you and that it's an easy fix.

@RiverSong15 and @AandDM2014 everything I'm reading says that high AMH alone doesn't always indicate PCOS. If you don't have the other issues- LH/FSH ratio over 2, high testosterone and androgens, polycystic ovaries, or irregular periods than you probably don't have PCOS. My numbers are all on the higher end- ratio is 1.4, androgens and testerone levels are higher but within limits, polycystic ovaries, hiruitism, but I don't fall neatly into the classification. I still don't have my AMH and haven't talked to my RE yet to see if they would treat me given my somewhat borderline #s. 

Im actually worried about my AMH being low bc my estrogen is lower and I've had a lot of low-estrogen symptoms over the past few years- terrible insomnia, headaches, low sex drive, etc. 
  • @AandDM2014 I was too, but I've had three different docs tell me I dont have any other strong signs of PCOS. Testosterone was normal, DHEA at the top end of normal. After the three ultrasounds I had, I asked specifically if my ovaries looked polycystic, and a different doc said no. I do have a slight receding hairline and I'm overweight, but the endocrinologist I saw said she didn't see any indications of PCOS. As far as the AMH goes, the reference range for my age group was about 1.5 to 6! And the only info I could find said that PCOS cause AMH levels about 2x higher than normal. This is why I'm confused about the whole thing.
  • I might be starting IVF stims in the next few days.  I am excited to be doing something that should increase our odds, but I am terrified it will not work.    
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Fx for you @BrightenMySky! Keep us updated 
  • Good luck @BrightenMySky!! I'll keep all my fingers crossed for you!
  • @BrightenMySky good luck!! That's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. 

keep us posted :) 
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • @BrightenMySky How exciting, keep us posted! It is such a balance of emotions isn't it? I feel hopeful that I'm doing something with increased chances, but it's hard to not feel like this is a magical "cure" and risk being disappointed, you know? Wishing you the best!

AFM still with the patch on and taking estradiol. I'm oddly feeling better than I have emotionally in a long time. Not sure if it is the upcoming FET or for some reason my body likes massive amounts of estrogen?