Pregnant after 35

Revisit

Hi, reintroducing myself.  I have 17 month old dd and just found out I'm expecting again.  I am in the process of finding a new dr and made an interview appointment but it isnt for 5 more weeks.
I was diagnosed with GD at the very tail of my last pregnancy.  I had to follow a special diet and take gliburide(sp?).  Should I start to follow a GD diet right away?
To that end, I typically use artificial sweetener for coffee and tea.  Is stevia safe during pregnancy?  I don't want to use artificial junk but using regular sugar doesn't seem like a good idea.  Thanks in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Revisit

• I don't personally have experience with GD, but I found this article that might be helpful. 

https://www.livestrong.com/article/463548-is-stevia-safe-for-pregnancy/

Also I read that you have a 60% chance of getting GD in subsequent pregnancies, so I think it wouldn't hurt to start moving your diet in that direction. When you are able to meet with your new doctor, you can discuss in detail what you should be doing to help try to avoid getting it again. Hope this helps a little and congratulations on your new LO!
  • Welcome and congrats! You might find more info on gd on your BMB or high risk pregnancy board. Sorry I can't be of more help. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't help with the GD, but welcome!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I'll check the HR board.  Thanks :)
    BabyFruit Ticker