Baby Names

Lucy?

I think we FINALLY settled on our baby girl's name. 

Lucy Marie

We both really love this name, but I'm concerned it's getting popular.  Do you know of any little Lucy's in real life?  Trying to get an idea if it's on it's way up the ranks. We really want something not overly used but not trendy or made-up either.  Thanks!!

Re: Lucy?

• I know a few, and a few adults. We also just named our puppy Lucy. It's gaining popularity but it's not trendy. Lucy/Lucille is pretty classic and has a long history of use

• sagoonsagoon member
    I feel like Lucy has always been a strong shower but I don't think it's going to trend upwards suddenly.  It's a good, solid name.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know a few baby Lucy's but it's a solid name. Who cares, if you love it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think it's gaining in popularity but it's not outrageously popular yet. I have a friend who had a baby in February and named her Lucy. Other than that, I don't know any Lucys. Solid pick.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I love Lucy, I think it's sweet, classic, and will never go out of style.

With that said, we know a few Lucys and I do feel that at least in our area, it's popular.  So much that when a friend had her second girl, Lucy, DH said, "Another Lucy!"

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Love it! And I don't know any Lucy's and never have personally met any.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • ktlanyktlany member
    Our 8 month old is Lucy - love the name! We don't know any others and always get compliments on her name. I think it's classic and slightly unexpected. Good choice! 
  • Love, love, love the name you have picked!!!! Lucy is adorable, and it flows so well with Marie! 
  • kfraskfras member
    My little cousin is Lucy but she is turning six. I don't know any other baby Lucy's so I wouldn't be concerned there will be too many in her class 
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    Very sweet name! And I don't know any Lucys. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• My almost 5 year old is Lucy. We don't know any other Lucy's.

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • I know 2 little Lucys who are under 4 and 2 Lucys who are dogs. I think it's a cute name.
  • There was a little girl (4 years old) in my daughter's dance class named Lucy. I think this is the only time I've heard it recently. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I really like Lucy, and honestly you never know how popular a name will truly be.  My second we picked a name in the top 50, and we know like 3 kids his age with the same name, and more little ones since then.  Meanwhile the names that were like top 10 I haven't met any of yet.  Lucy was my top pick for a girl with my first, and the two Lucys I know are very sweet little girls.  
  • I know one Lucy, and she's an adult.  It's a lovely name, and I don't think it's becoming the next "Olivia" or "Emma."  I think you're in good shape!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I know a little girl named Lucy who is adorable. I suggested that name for both of my daughters, but DH strongly vetoed because it reminded him of the girl from Charlie Brown. I love it. 
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• I know three in the 3 and under set, but I love the name