2nd Trimester

Boy or girl?

This was taken at 14 weeks 6 days. I was told girl but im not entirely convinced. 

Re: Boy or girl?

• Was this at a boutique place? I can't say girl with confidence. I would wait to confirm until your anatomy scan.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes it was, I should be scheduled tomorrow for my 20 week scan when I go to my appointment 
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think we can determine your baby's gender, but tomorrow at your 20 week scan you will know. Are you hoping for a girl? Or Boy? Or doesn't matter? How exciting! It's sooooo hard to wait. I remember finding out the gender and being shocked the news was a girl....I really thought boy! :)
  • I'm hoping for a girl. I have 3 boys. When I went for my private scan and she said girl I asked if she was sure and she said she was 100% but I just don't believe it yet.
  • Great!! Keep us posted on what they confirm!!!
  • MrsPassio said:
    I'm hoping for a girl. I have 3 boys. When I went for my private scan and she said girl I asked if she was sure and she said she was 100% but I just don't believe it yet.
    Just a fyi, be prepared to get flamed for this.
  • A lot of people don't like to see ultrasound pictures like this. I wouldn't say it is the same as posting the same picture after baby is born but there isn't really a reason to post it. We aren't all trained professionals. You can trust the early guess from the boutique place or wait for the anatomy scan and ask if they can let you know. 

I hope your anatomy scan goes well and that baby is healthy. 
  • Pretty sure at 14 weeks the sexual organs haven't developed yet. Wait till your anatomy scan, none of us are trained US techs. And the only 100% guarantee of what you have is when the baby is born, US can be wrong all the time.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I went for my appointment today and got scheduled June 22nd for my 20 week ultrasound so I'll know for sure by then. I'll keep you posted!
  •  if a professional couldn't tell you why would you think internet strangers could?

• MrsPassio said:
    I went for my appointment today and got scheduled June 22nd for my 20 week ultrasound so I'll know for sure by then. I'll keep you posted!
    You may be better off joining up with your birth month board if you want to keep people posted.  BMBs tend to be more of a close knit group then trimester boards since people don't cycle through them as they progress. 

To answer your question, 14 weeks really is too early to tell the sex of your child.  Don't have you're heart set on girl before the anatomy scan because there really still is a 50/50 shot of it being a boy.  
  • MrsPassioMrsPassio member
    edited June 2016
    *Removed for TOU Violation*
  • edited June 2016
    *Removed for Quoting TOU Violation*
    Just an FYI, this is a violation of TOU. 

Trying to engage in conversation without calling names, please.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"