Babies on the Brain

June Check In

NelbetronNelbetron member
edited June 2016 in Babies on the Brain
I didn't see one for this month... hope it's ok I do this! I've been enjoying these over here at Babies on the Brain!

1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set?

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting?

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time?

4. GTKY: What was your most interesting/unusual/different-than-what-you-do-right-now job that you've had?

Re: June Check In

• I guess I'll go first! lol

I didn't see one for this month... hope it's ok I do this! I've been enjoying these over here at Babies on the Brain!

1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? 5 months! That seemed a lot closer than 6 months did lol

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting? We just moved & time at job & deductible starts over in Jan, so trying to have the bulk of appointments fall into 2017 if possible... DH is putting pressure on actually trying now (he was not into trying before we moved)- which I think is exciting- it's cool to see him excited about it too.

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time? Trying to get back to exercising consistently & eating more fruits and veggies. I'm taking a prenatal, but I've been taking that for awhile now. We're also trying to pick out a gender-neutral color for our spare bedroom (even though future baby would probably sleep in our room at first) that would work for a nursery. 

4. GTKY: What was your most interesting/unusual/different-than-what-you-do-right-now job that you've had?
    I'd say Gymnastics teacher- definitely way different than what I do now. Also, a lot of customer service rolls- I don't deal with customers anymore- I think I was actually kind of good at it!- but, there are definitely parts that I don't miss. 

• 1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? 2-4 months 

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting?  We are going on vacation in July and waited to wait to TTC until the trip.  We are going to an active Zika virus area, so we are waiting to decide when we are going to start trying depending on if we get bit while we are on vacation.

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time?  Healthy eating and exercise.  I am also charting to TTA so I have an idea of when I ovulate usually.

I was a general manager of a restaurant before I started staying at home.  I haven't had that many jobs, and I haven't worked any unusual jobs.  In my mind anyway.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • MrsJohnson709MrsJohnson709 member
    edited June 2016
    About 2 months! (If I find a job)

I'm getting married on July 2nd and I graduate with my master's in May of 2017 so I want to wait until I've graduated. I'm hoping to get a teaching job or teacher's aide job in the fall. If I don't then we might have to wait. 

I'm exercising regularly and trying to eat healthy. I'm also taking a prenatal vitamin and reading a lot on preconception. 

It's not a really strange job...just strange for me. I worked at a garden center. I tend to kill any plant that I come into contact with...no green thumb here. Luckily it was just a summer job in college.

*edited to include: previously posted as friemami
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Married: July 2016
    TTC #2: July 2019
    DD: 8/22/17

• TW: loss mentioned

Hi and big hugs to everyone with extra dollops of patience lol I know I need some!

Around 3 months now (September)

We had a mc 2/25 and we're moving shortly but it's mostly DH needing time to come around to the idea. He wants a baby, but he's scared so I thought setting a deadline might be helpful for us both 

What aren't I doing? lol Prenatals, DHA, Maca (I take Maca regardless), temping and charting to check out my cycles, exercising, eating best I can, reading TCOYF, meditating...

Out of curiosity, are any of you doing anything "special" when you reach your deadline? I'm thinking maybe lingerie and a small trip or hotel stay without the dogs would be nice if we can afford it, but then I also think: I'm already doing so much already, why is it always us that gets stuck doing so much work for it? lol And also would that put even more pressure on him? But I just thought it would be nice to start things off with a "bang" and DH isn't super romantic so I'm sure it'll be up to me lol

I'd say probably a toss up between bartender at a strip club and bartender at a karaoke bar lol So many stories! 
  • 1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set?

2 months! 

Due date has to be May or later (April graduation), we also have a vacation planned in August 

TBH I'm experiencing some unexpected jitters about TTC! I'm doing weird things like buying cheapo wondfo OPKs on Amazon, then worrying about the prospect/awkwardness of "timed" sex. I've decided the first month I'm not going to do any charting/temping/OPKs, largely because our vacation will span CD 12-21 & I just want to focus on having fun while we are there & not be starting the early morning temps and POAS yet. Cycle 2 and on im not sure about. Part of me is in the "collect as much data as you can, get KU ASAP" camp and the other part is in the "Don't be such a planner & just let life happen" camp. Truth be told, Im aware of 2 "risk factors" I have for infertility- and it's a little intimidating to think we are starting the journey and will be finding out if we will have problems or not. 

I started taking prenatals since we last checked in ;) want to have a full 3 months in before I quit taking BC pills. 
    (TMI: weird bright yellow pee side effect?! Apparently this is fairly normal though) 

I haven't had too many "interesting" jobs. I once took a job with a research call center that involved calling people and asking them to participate in surveys. Turns out people are super annoyed by this and rather than hang up, many of them berate and yell at you- its the shortest job I've held by far since I quit during orientation! I was in undergrad & had been looking forward to getting out of food service but I literally went back to my old boss at the bagel shop & asked for my job back! Lol 
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• LoL +1 to the bright yellow pee club  :D
    Hopefully within the next few months! 

Just wanted to wait until it felt "right" for us...also, we are trying to avoid a mid-winter baby, living in New England and all! I've lived here all my life, and driving around in the snow still scares me! Adding a newborn to the mix would increase my anxiety exponentially, so we will try to avoid a due date in those month where it is more likely to snow (of course, that's probably not how it will work out, lol). 

Recently stopped my BCP, now just waiting for things to regulate so I can get on track. I've started to pay more attention to my nutrition, and began taking pre-natals. 

I think my current job is probably the most interesting: I run a furniture bank to help those in need furnish their homes. 
    Me: 35  DH: 31
    Began dating: February 2009
    Married: June 2012
    TTC #1: Summer 2016
  • 1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? 1-2 months, eek! Seems so close when I type it out :)

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting? We're traveling to Iceland in July so don't want to begin TTC until after the trip is over. I'm ok to wait because I can't imagine driving around the country and camping with any 1st trimester hiccups!

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time? Eating clean and taking prenatal vitamins as well as getting all checkups done

4. GTKY: What was your most interesting/unusual/different-than-what-you-do-right-now job that you've had? Right now I'm the director of an early childhood facility but as a teenager, I cleaned the bathroom of the town pool. So glad to be far, far away from that position!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • CrystalPDXCrystalPDX member
    edited June 2016
    1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? 2-3 months to go. 

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting? I used to be in the biggest hurry but now it feels like it's snuck up on me. Some days I'm really excited and other days I feel uncertain and extremely anxious! It's awful! I just keep telling myself these feelings are normal. We may start out with just not preventing and ease into it depending how we are feeling. Anybody else feeling back and forth?

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time? I've read TCOYF, lurked on the boards, taking prenatal vitamins, downloaded fertility friend, bought a thermometer, and opks. I have also reviewed my insurance, and have a Dr appt next week. 

4. GTKY: What was your most interesting/unusual/different-than-what-you-do-right-now job that you've had? Most different and most unusual would have to be bartending at a strip club.
  • Yes, I get wishy washy too!! I think it's perfectly normal :)
  • bmo88bmo88 member
    edited June 2016

-7.5 months

-finishing grad school

-paying down debt, saving money and getting in shape

-I worked for the U.S. Olympic team in Vancouver/whistler during the 2010 games. I worked in apparel outfitting and distributed clothing to competing athletes like Apollo Ohno, Lindsey Vonn and others. It was a pretty cool job.
  • @bmo88 that sounds like a REALLY cool job!
  • bmo88bmo88 member
    Nelbetron: It was a really cool job and amazing experience!
    -was supposed to be now, but changed to mid-September or later

-vacation to place at risk of Zika infection 

-everything I possibly can, and trying to distract myself from thinking about it

-I used to work as an usher at a baseball stadium the summer before college.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Hey everyone,

I'm new to this board and thought that I would introduce myself.  I'm about to turn 30 pretty soon and have gone baby crazy.  Well to be honest this happens to me every 6 months or so.  We have delayed ttc for the last two years.  We have found reasons to put it off, careers, moving, and just not feeling ready.  Well we have finally gotten serious about a timeline and I felt like I could benefit from talking to other women in similar situations.

Hopefully we start this July or August (if the husband doesn't get too nervous) 

We just moved to a new city in August and started new jobs, the cost of living is high and we always wanted to own a home, however since we live in NYC now that dream has now seemed like it won't come true anytime soon.

Just bought some prenatals and i'll start taking them once my regular vitamins run out, I have been off birth control for a year, and I just bought a thermometer this week so we will see how this temping thing goes

I haven't had many different jobs in my life so I guess I would have to go back to when I was in high school and I worked at my school's bus garage.  I answered phones and did secretarial duties but the best part was talking on the cb radio

@MrsJohnson709 I'm a fellow teacher as well (2nd grade) I am in my second semester of grad school right now, ugh it is terrible going back to school.  Good luck with the job hunting!  Have you started applying?

@rainbowturtles sorry for your loss :(  I understand what you mean about your husband though, mine says he is ready but it still makes him nervous, I never know what to say to that

• We just decided to start trying not to prevent! I am so excited and can't wait!!! As far as prepping - I've order vitamins that's about it. I'm trying to stay low key and calm. Meaning it happens when it happens!
    BabyGaga
  • @aboxofchocolates Going back to school is tough. I took this year off and got most of my credits done but want to finish the last few with a job. So far I've applied but there are no openings for my position in the districts I want. I understand going baby crazy, I'm in the same boat! Good luck on temping! 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Married: July 2016
    TTC #2: July 2019
    DD: 8/22/17