Pregnant after IF

***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 6/6***

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What advice (solicited or not) have you found most and/or least helpful?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! And don't worry, we won't comment on how big your belly is getting like some of our friends, family and co-workers have! YES, there is a baby or babies in there, and YES they are growing happily and healthily ever day :smile:

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@Binnie505  EDD 06/12/16 with a little girl
@msbender129  EDD 06/15/16 team green
@DSTtots4lyfe EDD 06/17/16
@kaitielynnrichardson  EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy
@HBamama2B  EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy
@mechelita44  EDD 07/20/16 team green
@TerraMae80  EDD 08/04/16 with a little boy
@riveridgional  EDD 08/06/16 with a little boy
katie121209 EDD 08/19/16 with a little girl

BIG congratulations to @mclorn who’s twins, Diana and Phillip, were born on May 26, and @AdorkablePixie who’s baby boy, Thor Raynor, born on Friday, May 27. We wish the new mommies and their families the absolute best!!!

Re: ***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 6/6***

• riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited June 2016
    Hello ladies! The last few days have been full of pregnancy brain moments! I almost threw my diamond earrings away instead of putting them in the safe, I couldn't for the life of me remember my office phone number, I couldn't remember how to fold a flat sheet (yes, flat, not even fitted, which I remembered perfectly fine, and was almost brought to tears because of it [hello hormones!]), and I was trying to empty the vacuum and my husband caught me staring at it for over a minute trying to remember how to open the container to let the dirt fall in the trashcan. I was skeptical pregnancy brain was real, but after the last few days, it better be real! 

Our wood floors are going in, and I'm so happy they started with the nursery! The floors look amazing with the paint (Positive Energy by Behr...I love, love, love the name and the color!), and they both complement each other. I had a minor stress freak out over the weekend about moving everything back in, but I just need to keep the faith everything will go smoothly. My husband's work picked up like crazy and he is working on a case set for trial 2 days after my due date. I hope it settles soon. The partners he works for know about the due date, but I really hope they're not expecting him to take any active role in the trial (versus trial prep). He's been working until about 1 or 2 in the morning because of deadlines and I feel so bad he has so much going on right now and over the next two months. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Hi everyone!  I'm officially in the 3rd trimester!  How did that happen?  I'm 28 weeks today, pregnant with 2 little ones - one boy and one girl.  My EDD is 8/29/16, but repeat c-section is scheduled for 8/16/16.  I also have an almost 3 year old at home.  So far in the 3rd trimester (one day), I'm feeling very overwhelmed and disappointed.  I was in L&D on Saturday night with a preterm labor scare after a work shift.  I think I'm probably done working - at least doing patient care, I'm a NICU NP, for the duration.  I'm hoping to squeak out a few weeks of office time working on some projects before I go on full leave.  I see my OB on Thursday to discuss all of this.  Luckily I wasn't dilated, just contracting on Saturday, but I want to keep it that way.  

QOTW: A friend with twins recommended making a calendar and setting up someone to come visit every day for the first month.  She also had a toddler and she used the time to do things with him.  I think that's a genius idea, if I can find that many people willing to come visit.  :)  

Nice to see familiar faces! 
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies! 38+4 now. Still trucking along, just very very tired. 

QOTW: Unsolicited advice is almost always bad. Wait for the pregnant lady to ask before you give your two cents, who wants to carry around that many damn pennies?

I live in a studio, but would love to see pics of anyone wants to share they're nurseries! @riveridgional, it sounds like yours will be beautiful!!
  • mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited June 2016
    @riveridgional Ha! Pregnancy brain is for real, I am convinced! My husband was skeptical too, he thought I was just 'distracted' which may be true but even now he says that he has pregnancy brain too!

DSTtots4lyfe I'd love to see everyone's nurseries too, great idea! Might just add this to the intro along with the belly pics.

34 weeks this week. Feel great with the exception of this carpal tunnel thing --- just another symptom and another day closer to meeting our little one :smile:  I see my doc on Monday for my next appt.

We've been knee deep in going through all of our baby shower gifts. From putting the stroller together, finding homes for all of Baby's things, and doing Baby's laundry! Hehe the clothes are just so teeny tiny! There is just so much to open, organize and find homes for. Tonight I am tackling the diapers and wipes since I think all together I have about 30+ packages!

QOTW: I think the best advice I got was to not listen to anyone's advice. Which makes sense to me since every baby is different and every family is different. I've def sought advice from 2-3 moms who I admire as parents and trust for a lot during my pregnancy. I'm hoping to just go with my gut (and my DH's) to make the best decisions we can as parents and simply love our baby :smile: 

• Hi ladies! We had the first of two showers this weekend- was a laid back bbq and we received several things off our registry which was nice. I've been feeling incredibly moody, my mom says it's the pregnancy blues but I feel like the gestational diabetes diet is contributing. I see my doctor on Friday for the 30 week visit and I'm curious to find out if I will need extra scans to monitor the growth of the baby and whether they typically induce before due dates. So far my sugars are responding very well to the diet so I don't think I will need medication. I have lost several pounds though so we will see how the doctor responds. 

DH and I signed up for an infant and child crp class. Can't believe we are in the last 10 week stretch! 
  • Morning ladies. I've been MIA for a little bit. My son got a bad 24 stomach flu and of course I got it. The worst part of having stomach issues is having a 31 weeks baby in your belly kicking and pushing on your insides. OMG! I am feeling much better now, thank goodness. 

I have my 32 week scan today. I will hopefully be finding out the date of my c-section which will most likely be the end of next month.  Last appt my doc said by measuring that Wyatt was measuring 3 weeks ahead. We'll find out for sure today about that too. Here's my 31 bump shot (way overdue) and here's another maternity shot with my son. <3

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• @TerraMae80 So sorry to hear that you and your son both got the stomach flu! I hope you are both feeling much better :smile: 

• Well, my scan went great. I thought the baby was transverse, but he is head down. He weighs 4lbs and is measuring one day ahead. My uterus measures 3 weeks ahead. I think I just have a big womb lol. I also lost 7lbs from being sick the last three days. My fluids are great and everything is on target. We're still looking at a C-Section because of what I went through with my first son.  I will know the date for sure at my next appointment, but my doc is still saying the 28th of July (my birthday). Here's some pics! 

2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Your pictures are beautiful @TerraMae80!  :) I had a growth on my babies today and at 28 weeks, mine are estimated at 3 lbs 3 oz and 3 lbs 10 oz.  I'm kind of glad I'm having a c-section since their heads are gigantic!!  :)  
  • @Binnie505 Congratulations! I love her name and am so happy for you she latched so quickly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll have that breastfeeding experience too!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• @Binnie505  Congratulations on your little baby girl!!! 
  • @Binnie505 Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• So, I know this is stupid to complain about, but I'm regretting having 2 registries and, specifically, my Amazon registry. I thought I would have loved Amazon but was actually surprised there prices weren't as cheap or cheaper than babies r us prices and when I first started registering, I noticed a lot of what I picked out became unavailable fast. So, I didn't register for much there or items I really wanted. I put items on there that would be good to have with the completion discount, which has already shown up as effective and doesn't actually apply to most items I would purchase myself if I'm not gifted them. Babies r us is my "main" registry. Well, everyone is buying off the amazon registry and barely anyone has touched my babies r us one. I'm thinking about adding more items I wanted from BRU to Amazon but I also wanted to step away from checking it so I could be surprised at my shower in a little over a week. Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of everything that has been purchased, I just wish I only made the BRU registry. Oh well...thanks for letting me vent!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @riveridgional Same thing happened to me except with buy buy BABY. I registered at BBB and Amazon and nearly everything from Amazon was purchased within a couple weeks of my shower invites going out and only 1-2 things from BBB. I ended up moving a TON of stuff from the BBB registry over to Amazon and low and behold, those items were purchased from Amazon right away! I think because BBB's free shipping is over $99 and Amazon's is over $49 the Amazon registry was more appealing. Plus I think everyone I know has Prime. But that shouldn't be the case with Babies R Us since their free shipping starts at $19. So weird! I also noticed a lot of my Amazon items going out of stock or very low stock but I would check every few days and everything would be fully stocked again. Only one item was removed 'forever' and it was pacifier clips so not the end of the world. 

Also, we got A LOT of gifts at our baby shower which I appreciate of course, but I still had to buy about $700 worth of things after the fact because so many people bought non-registry gifts. Silly to complain about I know but I spent a ton of time creating our registry and it was frustrating to have to buy so much after. Isn't there an acronym for venting on Fridays without repercussions? FFFC = flame free friday confessions. That's mine for the day! 
  • @TerraMae80 The pictures of your little guy are adorable! And you look beautiful!
  • @mechelita44 I'm glad I'm not alone on this. So, I just added the items I would definitely buy or really want to buy from my BRU registry to the Amazon registry. I'll just check it regularly to remove duplicates as items are purchased. Being 1 week from the shower, people (especially those with prime) are probably a lot more likely to be looking at my amazon registry now. I'll just fight the urge to look at the "thank you" list so I can still be surprised at who bought me what!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @riveridgional we registered at Amazon and target and most Amazon things have been bought as well. We have our second shower in 2 weeks and I am hoping they will be going off our target registry. I asked our Mil to spread the word that we have a ton of newborn and 3/6 month clothes and to ask people not to give those sizes. As it is I'm dreading going around to all the stores to see what they will take back bc not a single person included a gift receipt with the clothes. 
  • @riveridgional you have such great self control! I looked at my thank you list every day!

@katie121209 I feel like I'm at a different store every day with my fingers crossed that they will take things back. I've had some pretty good luck by Googling which stores sell what and returning even without receipts. It's all the opened / without tags stuff that drives me crazy!
  • @Binnie505 congratulations!!! So happy for you and your LO!
  • So as I left work I headed to the ER, then was rerouted to L&D.  My husband and I got a call from the store we shop at, stating that we had purchased items that were on recall due to listeria. Are you kidding me???? So because my doc office was closed, I decided, I am not waiting until Monday. So there I sit being monitored and thank the lord the baby is fine, I have no symptoms and was told that it is possible the products were not contaminated. I was scared to death and even thought going to the ER may have been a bit over dramatic, I am so glad I went.

2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80  Oh my goodness, what a scare! Glad you and baby are safe and OK! And I am glad you were able to get to the hospital and get monitored quickly to ease your mind. I heard Clif bars were on the listeria list too which I eat all the time so I called my doc about it. Since I had no symptoms they said not to worry, but I sure did panic for a little while so I know how you feel!!! Why is there listeria in everything?!?!?!?!
  • Oh my goodness.  How scary @TerraMae80.  I'm glad you got a call and know about it.  And doubly glad the baby and you are doing well.  
  • @mechelita44 have you seen the list? It's in EVERYTHING! I can't believe it! 

@emsmama15 thank you so much! What scarier than getting a call about the recall is reading up on it online. OMG! It's frightening and something I shouldn't have done lol but I'd rather overract than be sorry I didn't. 

2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• You always think of listeria as being in unpasteurized cheese.  The reality is that you're more likely to get it from lettuce than unpasteurized cheese (because so little cheese isn't pasteurized, even the soft ones).  When I was about 8 weeks along, I got really sick with diarrhea and nausea.  Right about then, they had a listeria recall on bagged lettuce.  Of course I freaked out.  My OB wasn't concerned but I was!!!  :(  Luckily all is well, but it's scary and it's really kind of everywhere!!  :(