Multiples

Moving while pregnant with twins?

Ok is this a crazy idea...My husband and I have been looking for a house for a while now. I believe I may have finally found the perfect one! But....I'm 27 weeks pregnant with twins and we have a 2 and 4 yr old. By the time we close on the house, I may be 31 or 32 weeks along. My husband and friends will do the packing/moving, but my main concern is the twins coming early. What do you think? I really want to move before Sept. 2017 bc that's when my daughter starts Kindergarten, and I don't want her to have to change schools down the road. Better to get settled in a new place late in the pregnancy, or try to move with 2 infants, a toddler and preschooler?

Re: Moving while pregnant with twins?

• We just moved, with 7 month old twins & are currently in the middle of a major renovation. It is kind of a nightmare. I believe it would've been much better to move prior to their birth. Just have everyone else do the heavy lifting!! 
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Both scenarios would be stressful but I would do it before the babies are born.  OR wait until like spring of 2017 (out of the newborn stage).  Also, maybe it depends on what type of twin pregnancy you have and how your check-ups are going.  It's true, twins could always come early - I kept thinking that for many weeks.  It seems like di/di twins are more likely to stay put longer.  There are so many factors though. 

GL!  Enjoy your new house if you go for it! 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks! Yes, they are fraternal and no sign of pre-term labor, so maybe we'll go for it!
  • I'm having mono di twins and have a toddler and am moving next weekend at 25+4.  It's definitely not the best idea I've ever had.  Our situation was really stressful because of selling our old house.  We've had lots of help packing and we will have lots of help moving and painting and other projects.  As much as it sucks, it still seems like a better idea than moving with two newborns. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Agree with pp that it seems easier to handle the move now that with newborns! I would go for it so you are settled before school starts and babies come. Good luck!
  • We moved when I was 7 months pregnant with our twins. Let everyone else do everything for you! I definitely overexerted.

I got put on bedrest very soon after we moved then went into preterm labor, which meant boxes didn't get unpacked for a really long time. We still have boxes to unpack and nothing has been hung up on our walls! 
  • It didn't work out with the house we were looking at, so we're going to stay put for now. I'm 29 weeks, and not in any mood to move now lol