Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Multiple Miscarriages fear another one

johnnydrojohnnydro member
Hi all, DH here, so my wife and I found out we were expecting when we came back from our euro trip (guess the swiss milk works ;-)) however we still haven't seen an OB and we believe we are at the 5/6 week mark (new insurance = new OB)  we have an ultrasound scheduled for this saturday but wont' find out results until at least the the 10th (6 days after) due to the dr's office not having any appointments.  It should be mentioned that this DR has great reviews with regard to treating and handling multiple miscarriages.  However, my wife last night said she didn't have any pregnancy symptoms at all yesterday and was already feeling very nervous and as if something was wrong... she didn't feel like taking any folic acid for 2 days now, my fear is that she feels that its a miscarriage again (this would make #4).  The last one was tetraploidy and the one before we didn't test but the old OB felt it was the same.. in his words "its just happens".. my personal opinion is that he sucked...  Last week she had some brown discharge but it was only one day and nothing after that.  I don't know what to do.. not sure if we can handle another mis-carriage... i'm very nervous for this ultrasound as well.. any advice would be great.. i just don't know what to do anymore..

thanks

Nervous 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Multiple Miscarriages fear another one

• Options
    Sorry for your prior losses.  The fact that she's not having pregnancy symptoms doesn't really mean anything.  Especially because I think 5/6 weeks is fairly early--I didn't really have any until week 7--but everyone (and every pregnancy) is different.  None of these waits are ever fun.  I cannot imagine the stress you and your wife are going through.  I am glad that you have a new DR that is supposed to be better about dealing with m/c.  There is also a pregnant after loss board here that you may find helpful.  The posters here are discussing loss and for the most part we aren't discussing the feelings that come with PGAL because that's not where we're at...hope you don't have a reason to be on this board.  GL and best wishes.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    fioripfiorip member
    First off, I'm very sorry for your previous losses, it does plague you with worry for every pregnancy for the rest of your life. Usually brown spotting is not concerning, specially if its not persistent. Not having symptoms also isn't a reason to worry, I've been pregnant three times and they have all been different, different symptoms at different stages. My advice would be to just stay positive, even though it's hard, just hope for the best and believe in your heart your wife will be ok and you'll be blessed with a baby this time around. 

Also as @BrightenMySky said, you might find better support in the PGAL board as most of us aren't there yet and probably won't be for a while. Take care and hope everything works out for you. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you
    Pregnancy Ticker