March 2015 Moms

Still not eating?!

my LO is now 14 months old still ONLY drinking whole milk. I give him pedisure sometimes so he get get his extra vitimans. I am concerned and need help. I offer him purees, yogurt, finger foods he won't even look at the food. I try and try over Andover but when I put the food next to his face he cries and tries to swat it out my hand. I try to not give him anything but water then try to offer food but he cries until he gets his milk. I am running out of options please share your advise,I am a concerned ftm thank you

Re: Still not eating?!

• Definitely discuss this with your pedi but have you tried smoothies? I give me LO smoothies in a sippy cup and seems to really enjoy it. A good way to hide veggies in there too.
  • No that sounds like a great idea I have a blender what are the ingredients that you use for some of your smoothies? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Lately it's been kale, frozen banana and mango juice. I add water if it seems too thick. Before it was spinach, frozen strawberries and coconut water. There a thousand different combinations though just try and see what your LO responds best to.
  • Thank you for your help I will start trying that
  • No problem, good luck!
  • I know this is old and I hope it has been resolved. If not, I would mention this to your pediatrician. My best friend was concerned with her son's inability to handle solid foods and a few other things and he ended up qualifying for early intervention. I know that's extreme, but want to put it out there and remember that if you don't feel like something is right, trust yourself as his mama.. You're his best advocate! 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker