June 2016 Moms
Options

So frustrated!

As I was feeding my cats this morning I swear my water broke. I took a shower and decided to wait for my appointment this afternoon. My doctor looked and tested and said I was negative. Is it possible I did have a leak but it resealed or am I just crazy. I'm almost positive or wasn't pee. Does anybody else have input on what this could have been? Should I be concerned? I feel like my doctor thinks I was lying...I'm so discouraged...

Re: So frustrated!

• Options
    NLewis1NLewis1 member
    How much fluid was there? I thought my water broke a couple weeks ago because when I stood up I had a very watery gush that just soaked my underwear, then it happened again like an hour later - turns out I was just having very watery discharge, possibly the watery parts of my mucus plug. I went to the hospital to get tested and it was negative. It is frustrating not knowing what in the heck is going on with our bodies right now
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    That makes sense. There was a chunk of plug when I wiped after. But the doctor seemed pretty confident it wasn't discharge. So I guess I'm just a pee pants: (
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    I have had a lot of watery discharge too... Super gross and annoying! I've been swabbed to test for amniotic fluid and had my AFI checked twice just in case it was a slow leak. Apparently it's just our bodies getting ready for delivery.

Since you know it wasn't your water try to relax, and definitely start wearing a pad/panty liner!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I can help.  One night I was sick to my stomach and was in the bathroom for hours. At one point I stood up from the toilet and a gush of water came down my legs so I sat down quickly again and some more came out.  I tested negative as well but my midwife says she believes I had what's called a "high tear" near the top of the sac and yes, it can close up again .  The membrane folds on itself and reseals.  Baby showed no distress and there was plenty of fluids left so they sent me home and just retested me the next day to be sure the leak didn't open.  My midwife was sure it was my water because of how I discribed the texture and color.  No way it was pee.  This happened when I was 38 weeks and I'm 39+3 today.  Hope this helps.
  • Options
    That's not what I wanted to here  :'( I was hoping that would be near the end of this. 
  • Options
    That's not what I wanted to here  :'( I was hoping that would be near the end of this. 

Oh trust me I understand.  I've had false labor 3 times and have been in "early labor for 4-5 days on and off since 37 weeks. I'm so tired and just ready for it to me over.  Idk how far you are but there is an end in sight.  I just focus on resting my body cause I know there will be a baby within the next couple weeks at most and I'm trying to enjoy my alone time.  Like today, I went clothes shopping for some flowy, after baby shirts and dresses for the summer and it was just what I needed.
  • Options

Oh trust me I understand.  I've had false labor 3 times and have been in "early labor for 4-5 days on and off since 37 weeks. I'm so tired and just ready for it to me over.  Idk how far you are but there is an end in sight.  I just focus on resting my body cause I know there will be a baby within the next couple weeks at most and I'm trying to enjoy my alone time.  Like today, I went clothes shopping for some flowy, after baby shirts and dresses for the summer and it was just what I needed.
  • Options
    I'm 39 +3 so I'm soooo close!
  • Options
    Ahhh, that stinks that your Obgyn made you feel like that. I mean we don't know for sure but don't make us feel dumb. I had a couple times I thought mine was leaking too but it must have been super watery discharge such a bummer I'm pretty done too. Hope it happens soon for you. 
  • Options
    honestly I've thought my water broke about 5+ times since 37 weeks. One time I even heard a pop noise. But no, just watery discharge. 
    I've been in "early labor" since 38 weeks and my EDD is friday.
  • Options
    And now I'm having contractions every 3 to 5 minutes lasting at least a minute each and I realized my ob never told me when to call... 
  • Options
    @Amawanderlust it seems like most doctors like you to come in when the 5-1-1 rule is true for you: Contractions every 5 minutes, that last one minute, for one hour. Might be worth a call!
  • Options
    My SIL thought her water broke and went to the hospital but was wrong. They admitted her but she was there, in very early labor, FOR DAYS until she had her son. No idea why they didn't send her home. Maybe she was past her due date.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @26pointrunningfor2 That's what my dr told me at our appt on Tuesday as well. The nurse at our childbirth class told us to go when contractions are 3-5min apart, lasting for 45-60 seconds. We're inclined to go with the 5-1-1 rule tho.
  • Options
    purplefan1purplefan1 member
    edited June 2016
    Glad baby arrived safely @Amawanderlust !!

I'm getting checked out of l&d right now. Thought for sure my water broke. Had the huge gush, it kept trickling out for about 20 minutes, more on a pad on the way to the hospital, and it didn't matter how many times I went to the bathroom, more fluid came out. They said no to amniotic fluid, baby looks fine, I'm only dilated "a finger tip" and the ultrasound showed upper level limits of normal amniotic fluid around baby. Contractions have definitely gotten more uncomfortable but still inconsistent. Only 37+1 so still more time to go apparently.

ETA: Fluid was clear every time. But I haven't been drinking a ton of water or anything (regular amounts) so still have no idea where all of the fluid came from. No way can my bladder hold that much any more. And didn't smell like pee. Oh well. At least baby is safe and happy.
  • Options
    Glad baby arrived safely @Amawanderlust !!

I'm getting checked out of l&d right now. Thought for sure my water broke. Had the huge gush, it kept trickling out for about 20 minutes, more on a pad on the way to the hospital, and it didn't matter how many times I went to the bathroom, more fluid came out. They said no to amniotic fluid, baby looks fine, I'm only dilated "a finger tip" and the ultrasound showed upper level limits of normal amniotic fluid around baby. Contractions have definitely gotten more uncomfortable but still inconsistent. Only 37+1 so still more time to go apparently.

ETA: Fluid was clear every time. But I haven't been drinking a ton of water or anything (regular amounts) so still have no idea where all of the fluid came from. No way can my bladder hold that much any more. And didn't smell like pee. Oh well. At least baby is safe and happy.

My midwife said sometimes we can leak leukorrhea and she has seen as much as 1/4 cup of really watery discharge come out and women think there water broke.  Maybe that's what we had... hmmm.