August 2016 Moms
Options

Custom cradle

Hi,
My father in law built a custom cradle that is beautiful but I am not sure how to purchase a mattress/sheets for it! Do people typically have to get a custom mattress and sheets made? Have looked on amazon but it seems like nothing is measuring right on with what I have, and I haven't even began to search for sheets for it... any ideas?? 

Re: Custom cradle

• Options
    what about etsy? wonder if they have anything...
    Married - 4/7/07
    Son #1- 2/15/08
    Son #2- 8/18/10
    Baby 3 due 8/8/16
  • Options
    We have a cradle that was made for my MIL when she had her first baby. All of her kids and grand kids have used it... DH's brother was the last one to use it and a lot of things went missing including the mattress. I plan on just making my own mattress and sheets.(if you know how to sew, it may save you a some money.)  I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for such things..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    if it's not a standard size you can always buy a foam pad to use as a mattress and find a way to cover it to make it baby friendly and waterproof. 
  • Options
    First that's really cool! I would for sure maybe type in the measurements in Google and put mattress to see
    what comes up. It's possible Amazon or EBay might have something. Also maybe check Pinterest. I hope you find something to fit it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I don't know if you have any Amish or Mennonite communities around you. I know here in the Iowa there are several communities and all seem to have some great skill sets with customizing and making original pieces based on measurements. Good luck and I hope you find something so you can enjoy the legacy of the cradle. :smile: 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker