Baby Names
Options

Thoughts on Campbell

Expecting baby girl in October. Came across the name Campbell the other day.  At first I thought it was weird and then it became a guilty pleasure name for me. Now it has kind of stuck? Still not sure I'm sold on it, but I would love thoughts and opinions!

Love the nn Bell with it. MN would be Marie.

(PS big bro is Porter Evan).
(PSS I welcome all thoughts and opinions...like I said, trying this name on for size so feel free to be honest!)

Re: Thoughts on Campbell

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol Campbell?

No no no no. 

Its really really bad. 

• Options
    My first thought was soup. My second thought was that if it was a name, I'd expect that person to be a boy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Soup. Enough said.
  • Options
    I could see someone in the South using their maiden name as a fn but that being said - keep looking. I am not a fan at all.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Last name.  Soup name.  Boy name.

I would not inflict that on a daughter.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Thanks for your thoughts, guys. Not surprised at all by the opinions! This is definitely a guilty pleasure name for me for some reason. Our other names are super traditional (i.e Olivia, Cecilia, etc). This one came out of left field!
  • Options
    I know two little girls with this name, and I never understood the appeal. Just reminds me of soup.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Yeah don't use it.  If you like Bell, name her Belle or Isabelle.
  • Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    I actually know a little girl named Campbell, oddly enough. At first, I thought it was a cool and very different name. However, now that I am actually pregnant and responsible for naming a LO I know I wouldn't do that to my child.

What other names are you thinking about? Porter is awesome, BTW!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @laurenm2123 thanks! DH came across Porter and was OBSESSED. It took a long time for me to get used to it, but it fits our son so well. Naming is hard- so much pressure!! 

Names on our short list are Olivia, Cecilia, Harper, Abigail, Madeline...I also like Holly and Noelle but DH vetoed both of those.  I feel like we're so all over the board right now!
  • Options
    @molson1 I've seen Cameron on a girl, which would still be a little quirky but not so bad as Campbell. Or what about Camille or Camilla? Nn options Millie, Cam, or Cami
  • Options
    It's definitely NMS, but it's not absurd. I know both a boy and a girl named Campbell. 
  • Options
    Campbell just isn't a good name, especially for a girl. If you're looking to use Bell/Belle as a NN, there are a wealth of better options. For example:

Annabelle
    Arabella
    Isabelle (and all its versions)
    Mirabelle

If you don't need Belle to be the NN, then Cecilia and Madeline are both very pretty names. Olivia is nice but super common, and I'd stay away from pairing Harper with Porter. They're too matchy.
  • Options
    just because other people have used it doesnt mean it isnt ridiculous

• Options
    I know a Campbell and don't mind it, but it's a little boy. I like Cecilia and Abigail as options with Porter. 
  • Options
    I really like Madeline, Olivia and Harper although all are super popular right now.

Like PP's suggestion of Cameron or Annabelle
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Oh no! I am so sad  to see all of the negative reactions, because I LOVE Campbell! And I love that you wanted to pair it with Marie (which has emphasis on the second syllable, making it flow so well). If you've been scared off though, Chandler is cute too, and maybe less 'controversial' for a little girl. Good luck! 
  • Options
    My bff named her daughter this, she's 9. My honest opinion is that I've always wished she'd picked a feminine name. 

I think Marie would be lovely and underused in the FN spot.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Chandler or Cameron for girls?!?!? Seriously people??

• Options
    FluffleSproutFluffleSprout member
    edited June 2016
    Soup, last name, ugly sounding. That's what I think in order. 

Choose Cecilia. It's beautiful. Belle on its own is pretty as well.