Pregnant after IF

***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 5/30***

mechelita44mechelita44 member
edited June 2016 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: Which family traditions will you pass along to your child / children; which are you most excited about; and why?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! And don't worry, we won't comment on how big your belly is getting like some of our friends, family and co-workers have! YES, there is a baby or babies in there, and YES they are growing happily and healthily ever day :smile:

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@AdorkablePixie  EDD 05/23/16 with a little boy
@Binnie505  EDD 06/12/16 with a little girl
@msbender129  EDD 06/15/16 team green
@mclorn  EDD 06/16/16 with a little boy and a little girl
@DSTtots4lyfe EDD 06/17/16
@kaitielynnrichardson  EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy
@mechelita44  EDD 07/20/16 team green
@TerraMae80  EDD 08/04/16 with a little boy
@riveridgional  EDD 08/06/16 with a little boy

Big congratulations to @NB817 who's adorable baby boy, Dylan Richard, was born Monday, May 23, 2016! Wishing you and your family the absolute best!

Re: ***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 5/30***

• I'm officially in the 3rd tri now! Due 8/19 with a baby girl. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at my dr appt and I have my diabetes clinic appt tomorrow. I'm really bummed - worried about the baby getting too big and having to be induced early,  sad bc I have hated meat in pregnancy and love cereal and waffles. My shower is this weekend and I don't know if I will even be allowed a cupcake. I also hate blood draws and finger pricks.  

Yay for all of us in the 3rd trimester!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @katie121209 Welcome to your 3rd trimester!!! Very sorry to hear that you have to deal with gestational diabetes. Hopefully your doctors will give you the best guidance and support!

riveridgional Love your bump pic and the daily flip book! What a great idea :smile: It's sooo crazy how our bellies can change from week to week, and ever crazier day by day!

This is week 33 for me, can't believe there's only 7 to go! We had our baby shower this weekend which was amazing!!! My mom did a fabulous job planning and decorating. The shower, or as my DH likes to call it 'Baby Party', was in my parent's backyard. We both come from big families so there were over 125 people there (we had some close male friends and family join too --- the men had their own party in the garage haha). Baby is definitely loved already! Oh and about 95% of the party thinks we're having a boy! We shall see :wink: 

The nursery is still in progress... DH still needs to wrap up a couple of small things in the nursery, we need to pick up our dresser from the furniture store, and I will be knee deep in organizing all of the baby gear over the next few weeks!

We're also taking an infant CPR class on Thursday and a Labor and Delivery, Childbirth and Breastfeeding class at the hospital all day on Saturday. Busy busy!

This weekend marked the first time I really had trouble sleeping. Between constantly tossing and turning to get comfy, waking up to pee, being too hot... now when I wake up in the middle of the night it takes me at least 2 hours to fall back asleep anddddd I've started to develop this whole pregnant carpal tunnel thing. I wake up and my hands are tingly and numb. At first I thought I was sleeping on my hands but that's not the case. So strange, hoping this is a phase!

QOTW: One silly tradition we do have is for birthdays --- we never use birthday candles, we just grab a random candle from around the house and use that on the cake. It all started when my DH was a kid and his mom forgot to buy birthday candles one year so she just grabbed a candle stick from the dining room and stuck it on the cake. That happened for the rest of DH's childhood since he and his brothers loved the random candle. We do this every birthday with each other now and will carry on this silly tradition in the future with our family.
  • @katie121209 welcome! Sorry about the Dx, but I hope it's manageable and the rest of your pg is smooth sailing!

@riveridgional the growth at the end is mind boggling! How exciting about the nursery

@mechelita44 I've had trouble sleeping now for weeks. Seems like it's here to stay for me at least. :(

I'm 37+6 now. All looks well and healthy on my end, just wishing for delivery day and trying (unsuccessfully) to focus on work and other things. My breast pump arrived today and I seem to have everything needed to have the LO. Just a couple more weeks now! Main symptoms: no sleep, interrupted sleep, nap sleep, and did someone say sleep??

GTKY: DH family passes down silver shoe charms for each birth to the mom then gives them to the son's wife (or to the mom if a daughter) when they are expecting their first. So I have a necklace with the shoe from DH's birth (it has his name and birthdate engraved on it) and a blank shoe for this little guy that will be engraved once he arrives. 
  • Ooh! @adorkablepixie had her little boy! Her birth story is up on the May BMB and he's so adorable!

@mechelita44 (ps: we can delete the HBamama2B in the thread post. ;) )
  • Hello Ladies. Glad to hear that every one is doing great. 38 weeks 4 days today. My actual due date is June 12 but my OB told me on Tuesday that she will induce me this coming Sunday at 39 weeks due to a very mild form of gestational diabetes (I did pass my 3 hr test!!!). I have finished shopping mostly and have everything ready including the nursery but still since OB gave me the date I feel like I am not ready at all!! Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

GTKY: since I am from Nepal and reside in US, we will follow almost all Nepali traditions as well as US ones so it should be an interesting blend and a great learning opportunity for me as well :)
  • mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited June 2016
    @DSTtots4lyfeThanks for the heads up about HBamama2B and for the update on Adorkablepixie! Her little guy is so cute!!!

• @DSTtots4lyfe I LOVE that tradition! 

@Binnie505 Wow! I'd be feeling the same way as you! You're ready! Hoping everything goes smoothly with your delivery! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • I just read AdorkablePixie's birth story on May BMB. It's great, and her son is adorable! 

Has anyone heard from @mclorn? I read somewhere (can't remember if it's here or on the IVF discussion on the IF board) that she was in the hospital last week and would be there until delivery. I'm hoping everything went well/is going well for her! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited June 2016
    @riveridgional I have not heard from her, I hope she and the babies are ok and that she is doing well!
  • I just read AdorkablePixie's birth story on May BMB. It's great, and her son is adorable! 

Has anyone heard from @mclorn? I read somewhere (can't remember if it's here or on the IVF discussion on the IF board) that she was in the hospital last week and would be there until delivery. I'm hoping everything went well/is going well for her! 
    She had her little ones on 5/26 and both are healthy and doing well at home with their amazing mom! I let her post her story. :)
  • mclornmclorn member
     Diana and Philip have arrived! They were born on May 26 at 3:21 AM and 3:28 AM. Weighing in at 4 1/2 pounds each!  We were fortunate enough to be discharged just two days after their delivery and all is going well!  They had there one week check up and are both growing big and strong! Philip is a champion nurser while Diana still needs pumped milk from time to time.   It is around the clock work but they are so sweet and precious! 
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • mclornmclorn member
    And that is Phillip with two Ls (that's what I get for voice texting. Poor guy will always have to clarify! ).
  • Congrats again @mclorn! So in awe of how well you did with the pregnancy, birth, and new mommyhood of two adorable littles!!!
  • mclornmclorn member
    Xoxxoo thank you!  
     I spent three days leading up to my induction in the hospital due to some concerns for high blood pressure and cardiac issues. Fortunately it all ended up being nothing and I am so glad I got a double vaginal delivery!  
     I loved finally getting around to reading all of your updates, ladies! Rock the third tri!!
  • Congrats @mcclorn! They are beautiful, and I'm so happy for you that you got the double vaginal delivery you wanted!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Congratulations @mclorn . The little ones are absolutely adorable! Glad that ya'll are doing great. Best wishes :)
  • Congrats @mclorn they are so precious!! Glad you and babies are doing well!!
  • @mclorn Congratulations!!! Your babies are absolutely beautiful!!! 
  • Congratulations @mclorn they are so perfectly beautiful!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• mclornmclorn member
    Thanks everyone!  Best of luck to you all xoxoxo