Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Slow rising hcg/ectopic

hi everyone , I am currently 6 weeks pregnant after a stillbirth of my son three months ago. This pregnancy is not viable and suspected ectopic.  I am 6 weeks today and I have had no bleeding or cramping or any pain.  but the ultrasound today showed no gestational sac in the uterus. My betas rose slowly like this: 

12 dpo - 54
14 dpo -158 (30 hr doubling time)
19 dpo - 485 (76 hr doubling time)
28 dpo - 3700 (72 hr doubling time). 

The slow-rising betas combined with the absence of a gestational sac have led my doctor to conclude the pregnancy isn't viable (and I agree). She hasn't been able to find anything in my tubes and I am getting a better ultrasound this evening. However, I am really very worried. Has anyone had a missing gestational sac that didn't turn out to be an ectopic?

Re: Slow rising hcg/ectopic

• Options
    I had an ectopic, so I don't have advice other than to say that I'm so sorry you're going through this. I completely understand the roller coaster - how incredibly overwhelming it feels to have no answers and no clear understanding of what is going on. I am praying things work out for you and your little one. **hugs**
  • Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    I'm so sorry about your loss. I have nothing to add except to say I had very very slowly rising HCG betas (less than 3% rise in 48 hours) and it did not end well, but we did see a heartbeat for a few weeks after that. 

Best of luck you. Let us know how things work out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice, just wanted to say I'm so sorry you're going through this and I'm hoping for the best for you.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am sorry you are going through this
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. My progesterone fell, which helps with the understanding that this pregnancy won't continue, and I had a third ultrasound and they still can't find anything anywhere in my tubes so I am wavering between a d&c and mtx. Frustrating and sad. 
  • Options
    So sorry this is happening to you :'(
  • Options
    runfastrunfast member
    I'm so sorry.