Pregnant after IF
Options

Randoms Week of May 23

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly check-ins, so ladies in other trimesters with experience may chime in and help you out! 
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of May 23

• Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I realized so many ladies in this group are from South Jersey/Pennsylvania area and wanted to get your opinions. We are going to Poconos this weekend and the place that we are staying is right by few lakes so I am sure there will be a ton of mosquito. I am wondering if anyone is worried about Zika in this area ? I never thought that the virus would spread up north but I see the CDC maps for Zika and it covers most of North East. What do you think and do you take any precautions when you are outdoors?
  • Options
    Just a take it or leave it thought for those ladies part of the April/May IF success group. I know MelD started that thread and suffered an ectopic. I'm not sure if she's getting notifications or emails everytime a post is made in that group. So, just a thought that you may want to start a new thread in case she is receiving them as, if so, I'd imagine it's got to be pretty hard on her.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ZoeFer I did by some natural and honest brand bug spray because we are heading to Ohio this week. 

I was also wondering if you think walking around an amusement park this early in the pregnancy is a good idea. I'm a little over 6 weeks pregnant with twins. Any ideas? 
  • Options
    @ultratomato Obviously, I'd defer to your OB/RE, but I don't see a problem with walking around the amusement park. Walking id actually a great exercise fpr pregnant women and may actually be a great thing for you to do. You doctor would probably just tell you to listen to your body and take breaks if you find yourself short if breath or something else off. To be on the safe since since you did IVF if I remember correctly, I'd just clear it with your doctor first and ask if there is anything in particular you should be aware of to know if you should take a break or stop.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    @ultratomato - I did WDW during weeks 9-11 and did just fine.  I walked about 7-9 miles a day.  The biggest thing for me was to be sure to get liquids in and snack every few hours.  I didn't do any of the rollercoasters, but had a great time with my friends. (I was there for a conference at the same time).  You should be fine walking around, just let your doctor know.  I told mine and he just looked at me like I was a weirdo for worrying, even with my difficult time in the 1st trimester.  Just use common sense and have fun!
  • Options
    mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited May 2016
    @ZoeFer I don't live in NY or PA, I'm from Mass, but at every appointment my doctor mentions Zika and urges that I wear bug spray when going outside even though it's not an immediate threat here (yet ughhhh). He told me that DEET is perfectly fine to use as a repellant --- in the case of Zika and other mosquito born viruses --- it's the lesser of 2 evils (I told him I don't like to expose myself to chemicals, never mind when pregnant).

I did see a story on the news last night where they looked at Consumer Reports data that examined different types of repellants. Most concerning to me was that most natural mosquito repellants only last 90 minutes so you need to reapply often. One however, this one: https://www.repel.com/Products-and-Solutions/Natural-Insect-Repellent/Lemon-Eucalyptus.aspx lasts 5-6 hours. Most chemical mosquito repellants (DEET) can last 5-7 hours depending on the percentage of DEET (higher the percentage, the longer it lasts).

Sorry for the rant, I hated mosquitos before pregnancy and was always paranoid about West Nile and EEE, now the hatred has accelerated to an unhealthy degree!

• Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    @riveridgional that is a good point. We will start a new thread.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    Anyone had experience with oral progesterone? I've been on the ethyl oleate PIO, which isn't supposed to cause reactions like the sesame oil, but I've got a raised itchy rash all over my tush and I'm just waiting for my nurse to get back to me. It will probably be Tuesday before I hear anything. 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited May 2016
    @dragonfaerie I took oral progesterone (prometrium 2xs a day) while on all my clomid and injectable cycles except my successful one when I used crinone gel vaginally. The only noticeable side effect for me was cramping and fatigue. About an hour after my night dose, I would get so tired that I would feel drunk and slur my words. My husband fouND it to be hilarious. My doctor never did post-O progesterone tests, so I'm not sure if it worked well for me since I still spotted 2-3 days before expected AF each time I used them. On my only successful cycle ever, I was on crinone and had no spotting for the first time since I got off BC pills about 3.5 years prior.

I hope you get a resolution soon as that rash does not sound fun. My guess would be your RE would switch you to Crinone gel because I believe my RE told me it was stronger than prometrium. The discharge and cleaning required with the gel was not fun, but I had no side effects.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    @dragonfaerie I have been having a reaction to the PIO and I'm guessing it's the sesame oil. Well I told the nurse and said if I wanted to put anti itch cream which I used once. I'm sucking up the big rashes on my butt and on my hips on each side. I'm hoping that they discharge me soon and tell me to stop taking the medications. Good luck though 
  • Options
    So I'm very close to 35 and my insurance covers the harmony test anyone else do this test? I'm really considering it just want some opinions thanks 
  • Options
    @ultratomato @riveridgional Thanks ladies! I asked a nurse about the oral, and she said they don't do that for support because it's not as strong, they only use it to help start a period. She was very surprised that the non-sesame oil progesterone is giving me such a reaction, and basically my options are to suck it up (not her words) and take Benadryl/anti-itch cream, or try to switch to the sesame oil. I tried taking Benadryl last night before bed since my PIO is in the morning and I did not get itchy today, though the rash it not gone. I'll show a nurse the rash tomorrow and see what they say, but I REAAAALLY don't want to switch back to suppositories so I'd rather just suck it up as long as we aren't concerned about long-term effects. I'll do anything for this baby though!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker