Baby Names
Options

NN for Eliza

I've been loving Eliza lately, but not Liza, Liz or Lizzy for nickname potential. Is Izzy too much of a stretch?

Other options we're considering are Lily (not popular here), Ruby and Penelope.

Re: NN for Eliza

• Options
    Izzy is not a stretch but I really don't think it even needs a nn. My friends DD is Eliza and hasn't used a nn. Eliza is by far my fav on your list

• Options
    I think we would always go with Eliza. But thinking nn happen at school often, I would like to influence it not to be Liza or Liz if possible. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS1 is Wesley and we always call him that at home, but I assume it will end up being Wes at some point, even if we still use Wesley.
  • Options
    No need for a NN. 
  • Options
    Since it's not a name with a natural nn I feel like you could have influence on a nn if used 

• Options
    I just wanted to say that I love all of your potential names and think they pair well with Wesley. Eliza is such a short name that it wouldn't occur to me to give her a nickname. She might decide at some point to choose to go by a nickname at school, but if you end up not liking what she chooses you can just continue to call her Eliza. NBD.
  • Options
    Thanks! I feel like I'm over thinking things with all the middle name analysis :)
  • Options
    jenEPjenEP member
    Elle could be a cute nn. My husband's name is Elliot and everyone calls him El for short. 
  • Options
    jenEPjenEP member
    I would also add that while Eliza is short in spelling, it's three syllables. I think names over two syllables do often get shortened. 
  • Options
    Eliza is on our short list. DH Loves Ellie for a nn, so Eliza was our compromise when we vetoed most other "El" names. Elle, Ellie, Ella, Etc are the nns we like. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Eliza as it is and I can def. relate to wanting to steer clear of certain NNs.

For what it's worth, when we were naming our son, I hated the idea of what his potential NNs could be and tried to avoid him being called any of them.  Turns out, it just sort of happened naturally and I don't mind it and can't see him being called anything else.  Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker