Multiples

One twin HATES babysitter!!

So, my wonderful (though sometimes annoying) mother has left after being here since I was on bed rest in November. With the absurd cost of childcare up here, we calculated it's cheaper to get a part time nanny for our girls than send them to daycare part time so I can build my semi-home-run business. We've tried out a couple who we like and who have great experience, credentials, etc...but Gwendolyn starts crying her head of within a couple minutes of being near them! When we did working interviews with them, the only thing that would calm Gwendolyn was me taking her away and calming her down. However, Penelope is a happy little goober playing with them and actually being less fussy than she it's with me sometimes!

Could this be separation anxiety starting already (5 months actual / 3 months adjusted)? Is it just the odds not in my favor with two little personalities? I'm having extreme mom guilt over having to leave her with a nanny, but I've got no choice a few times this week. Any advice, mamas??

Re: One twin HATES babysitter!!

• The only thing I can say is this too shall pass. All babies go through separation anxiety/stranger danger at some point. It's a sucky thing, but most of us have to go through it. I'd say find the best nanny you can and give it a go. 
    Our now 3.5 year old son went through it from 6-9 months. He'd bawl when I dropped him off at daycare. I'd get in my car and start crying because of the horrible mom guilt. But the daycare said he calmed down within 5-10 minutes, and had fun playing the rest of the day. 
    Our twin girls hit it later. One twin is shy at first, but warms up quickly. The other one cries even if a stranger looks at her. They'll be a year old in just over a week. Thankfully I was able to drop down a few hours a week, so I'm at work when dh is home. We haven't ever had our girls in daycare. 
    Good luck! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker