1st Trimester
Options

Second shot

I MC'd on 3/20 at 6 weeks (first pregnancy ever). POAS two days ago and it came out positive. Based on my calculations I will be 5 weeks on Saturday.

It's almost harder this second time around because I'm constantly worried that I'm going to have the same outcome as last time. I have some different symptoms this time that I didn't have last time (bloated, mild cramping) in addition to mild nausea and sore boobs. However, I noticed today that the boob soreness is starting to subside. And naturally that worries me. The light cramping also worries me. I'm trying to be positive but I'm afraid to blow my nose, cough, sneeze, etc as I'm afraid it will trigger bleeding! Ridiculous, I know. I just want to fast forward another 7 weeks. 

Re: Second shot

• Options
    You're not ridiculous!  I understand...I've been there, as I know many women on these boards have been, too.  I'm not sure the worry ends at 12 weeks, either.  I'm currently at 36 weeks with my second pregnancy, waiting for a baby girl to arrive, and I worried a lot throughout, but got through the days by reminding myself "You're still pregnant today" and focusing on milestones, like a new trimester, or feeling her first movements.  It also helped to talk to close friends who have been pregnant and to talk about my fears with my husband, even if I felt irrational.  It's normal to be afraid in any pregnancy, especially after a loss, but congrats on the BFP and here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!
  • Options
    Thank you. Congrats and best wishes to you as well. I keep trying to think that the fact that I have different symptoms this time around is maybe a good sign. We shall see, I guess! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  I would encourage you to find/join your birth month board.  Most BMBs have a group of women who are pregnant after a loss who are going through the same thing and it might be helpful to connect with them.  There is also a Pregnant After a Loss board (but the BMBs are more active than 1st Tri or Prenant after a loss).  Fingers crossed for your rainbow!
  • Options
    Being anxious is normal.  Agree with PP, I'm 35 weeks and anxiety about miscarrying just changed.  First about there being something medically wrong with her which went away at 20 weeks with a good anatomy scan, then to anxiety about still birth when I haven't felt her move in a little while.  I'm sure once she's here it'll change over to SIDS fears, allergy fears once we start foods, and all sorts of other age appropriate fears. 

TL;DR totally normal, no promises it will go away. Hope you have a better outcome this time around