1st Trimester

Anyone took BCP for two months to regulate period to help with conceiving?

Sorry, I posted this in other boards and was directed to post here. I hope this is finally the right place to ask this.
Wondering if anyone was told to take bcp for two months to regulate period and also reset ovaries to balance out hormones.  I did provera for two cycles but my obgyn feels that taking bcp might be more effective in regulating my hormones to help me conceive. I was wondering if anyone had any similar experience or success stories.

Re: Anyone took BCP for two months to regulate period to help with conceiving?

• I did for 3 cycles after over a year of crazy cycles. After the 3rd cycle, I then TTC again. I conceived on my 3rd cycle.
  • porche123porche123 member
    edited May 2016
    That's good to hear! So looks like I don't have to wait a month or so after coming off the pills to try again. Thanks for your reply!
  • Loading the player...
  • porche123 said:
    That's good to hear! So looks like I don't have to wait a month or so after coming off the pills to try again. Thanks for your reply!
    The main reason for waiting it to help figure out a due date. Some say that the BCP may thin the lining of your uterus. If that is true, it might inhibit implantation, but will not cause a M/C.
  • I had irregular cycles which was why I went on the pill to begin with per my dr's reccomendation this was years before I was trying to concieve. For me it helped and I did wait a few months after it to try and let my hormones balance out 
  • I did 3 cycles of BCP after a MMC+D&C to regulate. I think it helped a lot.

We waited a month after I went off because the last time I conceived immediately after stopping the pill and it was twins (I have no heriditary disposition or other factors that would increase my likelihood of twins but going off the pill can sometimes cause hyper ovulation), so we waited a cycle after this time out of paranoia (nothing against twins but I was having horrible heart palpitations from that pregnancy and had to see a cardiologist).

Took us 3 cycles trying this time regardless.