Georgia Babies

Nurse midwife Vs Dr???

Hi ladies Im trying to decide what route to travel. Does anyone have any suggestions or feelings on a midwife vs a Dr? I do understand their roles I just don't know anyone who has experience with a midwife or how people really feel about them?
Thanks ☺

Re: Nurse midwife Vs Dr???

• I chose to go with a midwife because I wanted someone who could offer more time during labor than a doctor (I was told that often times the doctor would only come in right as the baby was about to be delivered), and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do regarding pain management. All that being said my labor was super fast (would have been faster if I didn't really want the epidural in the moment) and I did not really see the midwife much at all.  I would choose the midwife again for future babies as I was happy with how everything turned out. My only advice is that being prepared is more important than having a rigid plan! 
  • JMaganaJMagana member
    Thank you for your feed back i really appreciate it. I see my mid wife for the first time tomorrow yay :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I know this is an older thread, but wanted to chime in.

I specifically choose a practice with midwives and OBGYNs to get more individualized care, and also hopefully avoid a C-section. I ended up having 2 c-sections, which was fine in the end.

A midwife assisted my second C-section and I loved her - she was awesome.

But when I gave birth the first time (And didn't know I was having a C yet), I saw my midwife TWO times all day. She had a poor bedside manner, was inattentive, and disappeared when I went into full labor. The day nurse at the hospital ended up tending to me. It was not a pleasant experience at all. I also had a friend who choose a midwife, the midwife kept insisting she would probably end up with a C section based on lack of progression. When the doctor came in later - he scolded the midwife for the position he had my friend laboring in. He took over, the baby came out an hour later. She switched to an OBGYN for her next baby.

So it really depends!
    Get $2,000 More in Your Budget Every Month with a Creative Earning & Savings System :-)  MothersWhoLaunch.com
  • Thank you ladies for your replies ♡♡♡