Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday

2»

Re: WTO Thursday

• @PepperAT cheerleader kitty just made my day!

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 17/Benched

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, waiting on test results to formulate plan for next cycle

R/R/CS:   I hate ZIka virus.  All I want is a relaxing beach vacation and we can't go anywhere because of the virus.  We could do the Keys with friends but IDK how I feel about booking anything & planning to go somewhere where Zika is like 70 miles away.  I feel like that is just a bad idea.

GTKY: I have no Mexican heritage.   I may try to sneak in some margaritas tonight & maybe do tacos or taco salad for dinner.  I really like Mexican food.  Enchiladas with mole sounds really good right about now.  I wish I had a good mole recipe.   DH and I have been on 2 Vacations in Mexico.  1 for a week in Cancun and the second was 2 weeks in Playa Del Carmen.   While we enjoyed both trips we wouldn't go back again.  
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: OPK, BBT, FM, prenatal, All the damn things I can pee on!

R/R/CS: So last night I found out my SIL is pregnant with her second, 10 weeks. They waited to tell us because they wanted to be sensitive to the fact that we are trying. My husband waited a few days to tell me, to see if we conceived this past cycle. I am crushed and mad as hell to say the least. I hate that I feel this way, because I love my husbands family and know them getting pregnant had nothing to do with me. I just keep thinking why not me? Why does this have to be so hard for me? I had done so well this cycle and even was doing okay when AF came. Now I'm falling to pieces. Life, right now in this moment I hate you. 

GTKY: Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let's talk about Mexico today! Do you celebrate this day? Do you have any Mexican heritage? Have you ever been to Mexico? Did you like it? Do you like Mexican food?

I do not have Mexican heritage. I have been to Mexico where I had the best tortillas of my life. As a native Californian, Mexican food is life. After moving to Seattle I have yet to find amazing Mexican food. Thank goodness I'll be visiting Southern California this summer to get my fix of tacos!

Me: 29 : Him: 30
    Married Since: May 2013

• HLD3194HLD3194 member
    @mrsbinpa did you travel to a Zika area? H and I are traveling this month to Mexico, Riviera Maya to be exact. There have been no confirmed cases there. I have some info someone else shared with me if you're interested in looking at it. Based on what I have been researching I do not think we are going to bench ourselves like I had previously planned. I have a doctors apt a week after we return and plan on asking for a blood test to rule it out. Feel free to pm me if you'd like to chat more about it :)
  • @PepperAT - Thanks! That gif made my day! I needed that! :)
  • @Lecool - Thank you so much! I may have to take you up on that. I guess I never realized how crappy my diet was until starting this. It's the first week, so I'm obviously going to struggle with it. I was telling DH how shocked I was at, in spite of the headaches and the overall "detox" feeling I've been getting, how much better I feel. I don't feel bloated anymore. I am tired, but it's just end of the year tired. I'm pretty sure I've dropped weight already. It's just reminding myself to find alternative activities to eating and that I need to stop relying on food so much.
  • LecoolLecool member
    @DoctorDonna Exactly. And after the first week, you'll feel really great. The first week sucks because you still want all the sugar and carbs. If you need some food inspiration check out Paleomg (I basically hero worship this girl), Against All Grain (TW: She had a loss last year and mentions it occasionally), and Nom Nom Paleo. These are my three go-tos. Not all recipes are W30 compliant, but a lot are, and you can usually tweak them to make them compliant. Oh, and when you're done with your W30, check out Brittany Angell for paleo treats! (Definitely NOT W30 compliant). 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • picklespleasepicklesplease member
    edited May 2016
    @BusinessWife - Yeah...Texas is different. lol! Battle of the Alamo was the only one I could think of. Maybe The Battle of Gettysburg? Do we have national holidays for battles? Not really, but some regions do celebrate certain battles. No one in Mexico celebrates it. It is a holiday created for Mexican pride in America, but it has been turned into a stereotype and I'm not a fan of that. Putting on a sombrero, drinking margaritas, and eating chips and salsa is not really traditional Mexican. My students are so confused by it.

Edited because I can't write today....
  • @BusinessWife hey buddy! Last cycle was my first one temping, so I'm not sure yet. When I O'd on CD 18, FF claimed I O'd earlier than normal. Not sure how it came to that conclusion since it doesn't know when I O'd before that! 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• *snip*
    @mylove071407 Sorry about the TWW confusion.  I think most people wait until a solid 3DPO before moving over, but sometimes even that is not enough and I have seen people come back a week later because they O'd much later than FF first thought... Hang in there!  And GL on your new job search!  :D That's exciting!

*snip*

Stuck in quote box...It's all good.  My "normal" is to not O at all so it doesn't surprise me.  DH said he wasn't surprised either.   DH is the one looking for a new job.  Me I love my j

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @businesswife my husband plays guitar in a punk band. 
  • **TW loss mentioned**

Month/Cycle: 11/8 (1st TTCAL)

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: temping, preseed, cm, opks

R/R/CS: Last cycle was super wacky because of my mc so not sure if my cycle will go back to the way it was before or not. Hate not being sure when I am going to O so might start opks earlier than usual so I don't miss my FW. 

GTKY: Happy Cinco de Mayo! Let's talk about Mexico today! Do you celebrate this day? Do you have any Mexican heritage? Have you ever been to Mexico? Did you like it? Do you like Mexican food?

I love margaritas, its my favorite drink. DH and I will definitely going out tonight and having some to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! I do not have Mexican heritage but I love Mexican food and I love Mexico- its one of my favorite vacation destinations. My family has a time share in Cancun and Cabo. 
  • Ahhh! Ran out of time to do a second round of responses today, sorry friends! Enjoy the rest of your Cinco de Mayos.
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016
    DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

• Month/Cycle: 1/1 (+2 not charting)

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: temping

R/R/CS: I haven't told anyone at work that I'm TTC, its not a secret but I haven't really brought it up because I don't know how long it will take and don't want to bother with people asking me. But today a student who graduated awhile ago was visiting for lunch, and straight up asked me if I would be having babies soon since I was married now. I kinda shrugged and must have looked very uncomfortable, because he quickly made a joke and moved on. 

Who doesn't love Mexican food? I've never been to Mexico, my family was actually planning to visit this summer but I requested we go somewhere cold because of potential Zika concerns. 
  • Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Temping over fertile period, OPK, acupuncture, PNV, pre-seed.

R/R/CS: I got a positive on a CBD OPK today so hoping O happens in the next couple of days. In other news the weather is amazing! And the weekend is due to get hotter still!

It isn't a celebrated holiday here - I've never been to mexico but I would love to go, I adore mexican food.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Temping.. stupidly disobeying the dr to hio (just once).. hurt so good 

R/R/CS:  My chart is all over the place this month total mountain range. 

Nope I don't celebrate/no Mexican heritage.  We went to Mexico on our honeymoon!!! It was amazing :):) I loved every second -- though I must add that we didn't leave the resort other than one day so maybe I should say, we went to a resort in Mexico.  I do love Mexican food a lot. 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 2  

WAYDTGKU: PNV, exercise, better eating habits, will temp when AF is gone, OPKs starting around CD11.

R/R/CS: The weather was fabulous today and I got a mani/pedi. Cramps were bad yesterday, but today I'm okay. I still need to schedule an appointment to see a GYN. Not much else to report today, just waiting for AF to go away.

I have not been to Mexico yet. I do love Mexican food and margaritas though! Someday we'll visit when the whole Zika thing dies down. 
  • Feeling dumb - I was a bit surprised at how many people in this thread have been to Mexico, only because around here people tend to travel more to Cuba based on it being lower cost...now I remember that since most of you are likely American, Cuba wasn't exactly a place you could go.  Duh.

(Side note: can you travel to Cuba now?  I am so confused about all that.  I haven't been myself but people really seem to enjoy it)

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers