Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Need Support with Mother's Day Coming Up.....Possible Trigger

MrsFL2015MrsFL2015 member
edited May 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Is anyone else dreading Mother's Day?  We're grouped into "teams" at work and today the conversation turned to what everyone was planning to do on Mother's Day with their children and families.   It made me dread the day.  My mom lives in another state and DH's mom passed away several years ago.  We don't have any plans with family or anything.  I know last year I was so sad.   

I think the concept of Mother's Day is awesome and I'm sending my mom a great gift; however, it's just an awkward day  I don't even like to leave the house because it seems like every year I get bombarded with questions and comments about being a mom or my plans to become one.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I too sensitive about the day?   How do you plan to cope with the day?  

Re: Need Support with Mother's Day Coming Up.....Possible Trigger

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just wanted to say what I am thinking OP. Mother's day isn't about you. Sorry. It's not. Yes, I know it's sad because you want to be a mommy. Well, all of us do. I get that it can kind of rub you the wrong way since it's a painful reminder. Trust me, I get it. But come on. It's not about you. It's about honoring mothers. There is a whole week (month?) dedicated to IF/pregnancy loss. So we do have a time of recognition. to take over Mother's day with moping is kinda wrong. Let the mommies shine. It's their time. Not yours. 
    I might add, based on your profile, you haven't even been trying for very long. I know it's a tough road, but really, you haven't been trying long enough for it to be so painful you can't leave the house. Maybe if you've been trying for several years like some of us. 7 years like my sister. Or if you've had miscarriages like some of us and struggle to decide whether you count as a "mother." 
    Just, chill OP. this isn't about you. 

TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    Well clearly ya'll didn't read what I wrote. I never said she could feel what she feels I also never said you shouldn't feel a loss. I never said that early pregnancy loss doesn't make you a mother. 
    I wasn't being cold. I am stating that it's about moms. Everyone gets all upset when people get excited about mother's and I think that's wrong. I'm saying there is a time when people in this boat are recognized so the idea about being swept to the side and forgotten isn't really true. 
    I'm not saying you have to have an IF diagnoses or have been trying forever to feel sad. You can feel sad about it taking a month or whatever. That's valid, I think it 's just a little early to start complaining and moping about it. That's my opinion. I am not being cold. I know it sucks that there isn't a baby in the picture.
    I am certainly not saying anything about loss mom's not being moms. Not. At. All. I've had three. I'm not being insensitive, what I was saying is that it's hard to feel like a mother when you don't have a baby to hold. I struggled (and still do) with whether it's right or not to label myself as a "mother."
    I'm giving my opinion like the OP asked. it doesn't have to be the same as yours, but I stand by it. Feel what you want, think what you want, talk about what you want. This was a discussion and I added my input. I wasn't attacking anyone or intending to be hurtful. 
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    I feel like need to clarify, because I feel really bad at how this all came out. I was in a rush because I was leaving for lunch, and it all got way compounded because I wasn't able to respond after the first person responded because I was out. 
    I really am not trying to invalidate anyone's feelings. At all. I just wanted to give an honest outlook on my feelings-that I think sometimes people make it out to be too big of a deal. I wasn't trying to make it look like anyone's pain is more than another's. I really wasn't. It all came out super wrong and I can see how it was read and the way you guys taken it. It's so much more out of hand now because I feel a bit defensive. 
    I really didn't mean to sound insensitive, I really do care about people and I care that so many wonderful women have struggled and I get how it's a trigger. I just hate how moms feel obligated to tiptoe around feelings or downplay the day. Being a mom is tough, I am sure. They deserve this day 100%. 
    So again, super sorry at the way it all came out. I really didn't mean for it to come out the way it sounded. 

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    MelissaM090MelissaM090 member
    edited May 2016
    @KristoB I think I know what you're saying, even though your delivery may have come out harsher than intended.

This is the first Mother's Day since I've been TTC. I was hoping to be pregnant at this time, and back in February / March I had this whole cute plan of buying 'Grandma' Mother's Day cards for both my mom and DH's mom and announcing it that way. That's not happening and I'm disappointed by that.

All I can do THIS year is hope that next year is different for me, but instead of focusing on my disappointment, I'm going to focus on MY mom and how awesome she is and have a great day with her. I know it's harder for people who don't have a great relationship with their own mom, but maybe focus your attention on another strong mother in your life? Grandmother's, aunts, sisters, friends, etc. Fingers crossed it'll all be our turn to be honoured soon enough.

Edited - I made it sound like I was already pregnant when I meant to say 'TTC'. Freudian slip?
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• Options
    See this is why I said no. But ya'll didn't listen.

Now after trying to contain it all day, I'm officially tearing up at my desk. 

Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017