October 2015 Moms

Good Product for Constipated Babies

Hi all! I just thought I would send this along just in case anyone is having issues with constipated babies. DS is 7mths and gets occasionally backed up, so I was looking for a more natural solution.

Background: My 4 year old DD was constipated from 2mths-2.5 years horribly. It was a nightmare. We're pretty sure now that it had to do with Iron in the formula, as I have issue with Iron vitamins, but we could not find low Iron formula. So, began years of trying different formulas, foods, supplements, suppositories, until eventually we were down to Enfamil Gentlease, only eating foods that begin with the letter P (Prunes, Pumpkin, Pears, etc) and she was prescribed Miralax. Even with the Miralax, she ended up in the hospital one time because she was so backed up and we were told to do 'rectal stimulation' (gross) and give her Mag Citrate. She was on Miralax for 2 years before we switched peds and our new and current ped said that in order to potty train, we needed her to go normally and get it under control. She's better now, though still gets a little backed up and we increase her exercise and water intake.

Long story short, my son recently started getting a little backed up even though he's BF. It's not terrible though and I'd really rather not give him a suppository if I don't have to. Pumpkin baby food has helped a lot but he was pretty uncomfortable the other day. So I went to the CVS and found a new product: Prune Concentrate with Prebiotics: https://www.cvs.com/shop/baby-child/health/gas-constipation-relief/cvs-baby-constipation-prune-concentrate-with-prebiotics-prodid-894619  Holy crap, literally! It is AMAZING!  I wish they had this when my daughter was having issues because it's quick, effective and natural. 2 doses and he's golden! Just thought I would pass this along as I am really happy with this product. I actually mix it with either formula or breast milk that i mix with his breakfast. He loves it! Hope this info helps someone out. The daily grind with a chronically constipated baby is not fun.

Re: Good Product for Constipated Babies