Trying to Get Pregnant

Monday bitchfest - 5/2

What is making you cranky today?

Re: Monday bitchfest - 5/2

• Loading the player...
  • sLass42sLass42 member
    edited May 2016
    @beary67 I feel your pain. It's like everytime I answer an email the phone rings...no, I'm doing something, I will complete something today!!

Work related rant too!
    Still dealing with the bosses overflow of orders that he just doesn't want to deal with. One order is a big client that supplies their own goods, I sent over art proofs Friday with one last question and haven't heard back. So they email boss this morning about proofs.....um sent those friday pay attention. And you still didn't let me know where the 200 extra red shirts go...
    We also hired a new graphic artist (ours moved) and apparently she can't do anything graphically except simple shirt proofs, even though she supposedly has a degree. So she's in her office, headphones on, facebooking away while I work reception, orders, office management, pickups, accounting, and my own proofs. She's been here a month and never answered the phone... hmm maybe your account rep should get the back office and the person working on art 2 hours out of the day should answer phones and pickups...$11/hr is not cutting it...

On a lighter note the chaos that is May is approaching. My DH's bday is the 7th, shared with his brother (weird timing right?). Then we are always immediately followed by mother's day. I have his and the mom's presents en route, dinner menu planned for mom's on sunday, and the house cleaning has already begun. We even finally ordered a set of 4 folding wooden chairs so we have enough seating for once. I think we're finally ahead of the game this year!

So I will now put in the heaphones and begin my backed up filing while watching the new GOT.

eta- shared pain & GOT

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

• @Dilynne - Oh man. I would not do well around the gf. At 18, most people don't have filters since they think they are adults but aren't really yet. 

My Monday BF - I went grocery shopping yesterday and got a ton of really healthy food. Super stoked to be back on the healthy eating train and able to save money too. Go upstairs to make myself said healthy salad and it's rotten. Like slimy, smelly, grossness. I asked DH if he thought it looked OK and I noticed the expiration date isn't until to tomorrow so figured, OK fine, I'll use extra dressing. Anyways, I ate it and now I feel like I'm going to barf. Gross. Such a disappointment! 
  • I literally got about 3 hours of solid sleep last night. I have a student teacher coming in to observe me. I'm terrified that I will do something wrong and she'll tell my supervisor and I'll get fired before they approve my tenureship...
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    - Question - When you are learning a new job or learning something new at work, how many times do you need to be told/walked through how to do it?  Once? Twice? six times?

I have told the guy I am training (if you can call it training after 4 weeks, I say babysitting) how to do something at least 2 or 3 times a week that he needs to do xy&z every day.  HE STILL ISN'T DOING IT.  I am about to lose my mind.

Today we spent 15 minutes on something we needed for the next step in the process. When we get to the next step (minute 16) he completely ignores the prep we did for the first 15 minutes.  I'm like UM are you kidding me? We just spent 15 minutes doing this?! literally gave him attitude, I couldn't hold back. After I said that, he started making an excuse, I just got the fuck up and walked away I was so frustrated - like come the fuck on. AND it's not the first time we have been through this. FFS.

Imagine this situation times three today. I'm so glad I have an appointment this afternoon and could leave him to himself (hope he doesn't burn the place down) because he also gives the excuse, well you're here if you weren't I'd go slower and get it right.  OK but how about the time today I left and was not even in the room, I came back and asked you to walk through the steps you went through while I was gone --- What? You missed the MOST IMPORTANT STEP? OK yea you make sense.. its me. not you. Give me a break. 

Am I expecting too much?

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• cabu14cabu14 member
    I literally got about 3 hours of solid sleep last night. I have a student teacher coming in to observe me. I'm terrified that I will do something wrong and she'll tell my supervisor and I'll get fired before they approve my tenureship...
    Oh so nerve recking - good luck & I'm sure you'll do fine - Update us later  <3

• First world problems, but I bought new flats this weekend and today is my first day wearing them. My feet SO bad! I love/hate new shoes.

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• @MrsBinPA I actually hate cleaning out the fridge so I always bribe DH to do it, it's worth whatever bribe it takes to avoid doing it
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • TheJerilu said:
    My MBF is that we just moved offices (actually the opposite of bitchfest, it's pretty swank now).  Two major complaints:

1.  I have to totally change around how my workstation is set up due to the new desk layouts.  Certain things aren't working that used to work for reasons I cannot ascertain because no software changes have been made.  I also can't sneakybump because it's waaaaay more open than before.

2. **This is super FWP and has a long backstory, sorry in advance**  

So this new office was entirely rebuilt from the ground up.  We bought a floor and gutted it, essentially.  We oversee one product, and our parent company is in another state.  There have been some issues in the past of the parent company... not always considering our needs as well as they should.  Our particular product houses ~40 employees.  I have a team of 12, the other 3 guys in my role (team lead) have teams of 5-8.  How's that math, right? We are responsible for 31 of the employees, and I oversee 1/4 of this office on my own.  We have a primarily open floorplan with management getting offices (due to the need for privacy and so many telecommuting meetings with our parent company).  There are 5 previous office holders (our bosses & a designated visitor office).  They built 10 offices along with the open floorplan.  That should be plenty for each of the team leads, right?  

So!  About a month ago they show us four leads the new office floorplan.  They are having the team leads share 2 rather than giving us each offices, and having the remaining 3 offices be additional "visitor" offices.  Super annoying and we feel really slighted, but whatever, at least we have a designated spot that we can work out for meetings etc.

We get in today and find out they not only lied and gave my (shared) office to another rando employee from a different product team, but non of our shared offices are actually designated for us.  They're all visitor offices, which means we hold no claim to them.

Again.  We are the supervisors in charge of more than 3/4 of the employees.  90% of the time, the "visitor" offices will be empty.  Oh, just nab the visitor office for yourself, you say?  They have expressly forbade us from using the visitor offices.

So.  I have to hope some arbitrary location is open for my one on ones (12/week) and meetings, and hope there is enough privacy to handle sensitive meetings.

The biggest kicker?  The people in my role at the parent company all have their own offices, so it's not like this should have even been a thing. 

ETA: I should also mention that I lead the largest team of directs out of anybody in the company (there may be one other person).
    Wtf is all I have to say to that.  That's absolutely ridiculous.   

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• edited May 2016
    @TheJerilu A similar thing happened to my husband when they moved offices last summer.  His firm had been renting space in building downtown, but they built a brand new skyscraper just a couple of blocks away over the last year or so.  90% of his firm moved to the new building, but they moved his office to a suburban office park.  When he got there, his new office was much smaller than his old one, and the partner had taken the only big office for herself.  She home offices 99% of the time AND has a giant office in the downtown skyscraper.  My husband manages 100+ minions and is the top dog in his office besides the partner, but the space they gave him in the new office is totally insufficient.  I framed a lot of really beautiful art, and bought him a few potted plants, a mini-fridge, a comfortable chair, and some nice lamps, so he's got a really cozy space now, but he's still pissed about it.

ETA: so all that is to say that I totally get why you're upset.  It's just the lack of regard for your needs as a professional and the lack of respect for the amount of authority you have and the effort you put in.  It sucks, and I'm sorry.

@DoctorDonna I LOVE when the kids are perfect angels because another adult is in the room.  I get a little annoyed because I wonder why they can't be so wonderful all the time, but ultimately, if they make me look good, who cares?
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @TheJerilu That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Have people share offices all the time so when a visitor shows up, they get an office all alone. I have an idea, set each of those offices up with a spare desk, give one to each of you, and just tell all of you that the spare desk needs to stay clean enough that you only need 10 minutes notice before a visitor needs to use it. Duuhhhhh. What if you give it six months of keeping really good notes about how often visitors actually use those other offices, how often you and the other leads need to find private places for meetings, and everything like that. Then, in six months you do a 'check-in' on how the new space is working with the purpose of making sure the new place works well for everyone else--your people and the other leads--and oh yeah, you.  
    @cabu14 Since I'm assuming you're not talking about brain surgery, no, you're not asking too much. Sounds like they should post the position and start looking for a new person because, in my experience, people like that aren't going to get better. Sometimes you can move them to a position better suited for them but sometimes, they need to just find a whole new company better suited for them.

My MBF: *TW - grandparent loss* I got in the car to walk my dog at lunch and suddenly remembered today's date and the fact that it's the 10-year anniversary of losing my grandma. So I cried all the way home. 1. Some grandmas are mean and some are just okay but she was the sh!t. She was a true bada$$, raising four children with a philandering absentee alcoholic husband at a time when that was pretty scandalous. But it wasn't like she made a big deal of it or was bitter. She rarely even spoke of it. Just did what she had to do and moved on. She made each of us grandkids feel super special and always made sure to have the snacks that we liked around. She actually died while making treats for upcoming visits. 2. She was my last grandparent and the only one I had since I was about 9. 3. She never met H and I know she would have adored him. 4. Without her to hold everyone together, my extended family hasn't ever been anything like it was before. Mortality sucks. *end TW*

In lighter MBF news: H is a smart man. He is so capable in so many ways. Why the heck can't he recycle like a civilized human being??? I'm constantly digging recyclables out of the garbage and non-recyclables out of the recycling! 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • meilaymeilay member
    I had a much, much longer response written out but all that really needs to be said is I really despise my principal and can't wait to not be working for her anymore. One of my best friend's son goes to school with my principal's younger kids. According to my friend, at a school event a few weeks ago, the principal was telling my friend how she tried to get my friend to "talk to me and help me out" and it's her fault that my principal had to let me go because she wouldn't do so. She said this in a joking manner but it's still like, what? Why are you even discussing this matter with anyone else? Why do you feel it's appropriate to joke about a decision you made that shattered my whole career trajectory? It's so frustrating!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    **SNIP**
    The good news is that my kids were well-behaved because there was another adult in the room. The bad news? Well...I don't have any. It went really well. :) No complaints for now. The student teacher was freaking the kids out because she's a little white woman, like me, and speaks perfectly fluent Spanish. My Spanish-speakers were totally caught off guard. It was pretty funny.
    Ahh! Yes! that is awesome you rock! Good Job!  Too funny about the kids being freaked out haha  :D

• cabu14cabu14 member
    edited May 2016
    @meilay  how did we end up with the same siggy challenge mom?? Did I miss something

eta.. shit I did.. oh poop.

• @kiki75

Thank you for affirming that I'm not crazy, because I felt like I was going a bit nuts and being needy.  Garrhghggh.  Definitely going to take notes for the next few months and present it when the time is right.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • meilaymeilay member
    @cabu14 Yea I noticed but I don't know what the "rules" are around people having the same choice for siggy? I called Marge because people were staking claim on their moms in the voting thread but maybe we can share? I don't know what to do and if this were happening in person I'd be melting into a total awkward puddle by now. Lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • mtmama2mtmama2 member
    My MBF today is me, ugh. I was having a perfectly lovely day and then when I got home from work DH did something mildly annoying, to which I completely overreacted (think tears and phone throwing) and now I can't get out of a crabby funk. I went to yoga and was totally over it and relaxed for all of 5 seconds....until I couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner. This lead to me driving all over town and stopping at 2 different places before deciding on Subway.... I feel like a crazy person!  :(  Now I think I'm going to eat some ice cream and go to bed early.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• LecoolLecool member
    @cabu14 Ugh that sounds so frustrating. 

@TheJerilu WTF that is not cool. 

@DoctorDonna Glad it went well today! 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TheJerilu said:
    @kiki75

Thank you for affirming that I'm not crazy, because I felt like I was going a bit nuts and being needy.  Garrhghggh.  Definitely going to take notes for the next few months and present it when the time is right.
    Definitely not being needy.  The floor I work on is backed and every desk is basically taken.  However, every single office has a supervisor in it, because well they need it!  I don't think it's fair that they are asking you to share a common space with people you supervise because you need the privacy....Hopefully it will sort it self out in a month after they see that their thinking is not working.

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me