Trying to Get Pregnant

Quick question on EPT PT

Hi all...please be kind, this is my first post and though I've been TTC since November 2014, I've only had to take a handful of pregnancy tests.  Every other time, I've gotten my period, eliminating the need to test. 

Anyway, my question is simple (maybe?): if you're unequivocally NOT pregnant, is there any chance of seeing a faint (and I mean FAINT) line?  I'm wondering if I'm seeing things that really aren't there.  Either way, I will re-test in 2 days.  This is the first time I believe I've seen ANYTHING resembling a remote positive, but DH and I are so desperate right now, I'm wondering if I'm not just seeing what I want to see :neutral: 

I'm 4 days late, have been suffering from a yeast infection for a week, sleepless, starving, light spotting (but nothing for 2 days).  I wonder if the infection could just be throwing me off.   

Thanks for reading!  Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm hoping not to get chewed out about it!    

Re: Quick question on EPT PT

• Yes, this is called an evap line, it is from looking at the test after the testing window (usually around 5 minutes). Wait a few days and test again. Do you chart? How do you know you are 4 days late? Most likely you ovulated late if you are testing negative and you haven't gotten AF.

We have a great support system and there are a lot of people who can provide great insight if you join our daily threads, TWW and WTO! 
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• How do you know you are late? Do you track with basal body temping? Otherwise, with an infection it's possible maybe you ovulated later than you think. 

I would think at 4 days past your normal LP that a test would be positive enough not to be a squinter though. Someone else may have more knowledge on that.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Zoey1019, @houseofsetters I do chart, but will become more involved with it this cycle with basal temps and checking cervical mucus.  All I've been doing so far is staying healthy, no caffeine or alcohol, folic acid + other supplements, and very frequent sex.  We wanted to make it as little of a "job" as possible until we had to, but after 17 months and with a new house, it's time we get more serious about it.  Plus, I'm not getting any younger!  

• I would think at 4 days past your normal LP that a test would be positive enough not to be a squinter though. Someone else may have more knowledge on that.
    Ditto. Squinters are usually before you're actually late. If you're truly four days late I would think its be a pretty clear line.

OP, I would suggest testing again. Maybe with a digital. Keep testing until you get a positive or your period.