Trying to Get Pregnant

May 2016 TTGP Grad Check In

AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
edited May 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant

***THIS POST MAY MENTION PREGNANCY, BIRTH OR BABIES. If you are having a hard TTC or TTCAL day, please lurk at your own discretion***

***As a courtesy to those still TTC on this board, please do not post bump pictures here.***

If you were a regular poster on TTGP we'd love to get an update on you this month! Please tell us how you are doing! 

New: If you were a regular poster and miss everyone here on TTGP, as well as those who have graduated, head on over to the group page and request to join the private group TTGP Grads! You'll thank me later   https://forums.thebump.com/groups

*How far along are you?

*Which birth month board/due date?

*Team Pink/Blue/Green?

*How are you doing picking out a name? Feel free to share 

*Questions, concerns or other? Anything else exciting to share?

**Formerly @aliciabhen**
Me: 26 DH: 24
Married: November 2015  <3
TTC#1: January 2016
BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
Computer Hope

Re: May 2016 TTGP Grad Check In

• Loading the player...
  • edited May 2016
    @MRSCORKER Would you be willing to PM me your alternative to Amelia? I'm having such a hard time liking any other girl names. I'm so sad, I love that name so much. I'm also having the same issue with boys names. We have 0 that we agree on right now. Also, I was the one that tagged you, but I see your name disappeared from my post as well... WTH?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MissAmeliaPond PM'd you. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @DoctorDonna Yeah, I hate the idea of her having a super common name. My little sister is Emma and she had so many Emma's in her class, it was ridiculous. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MissAmeliaPond @MRSCORKER

ive got a super southern name but it's shortened to a unisex (though generally male) name.  I got to have to nice southern name and also a fairly unique name.  The only issue was when I got a surfer haircut in the 2nd grade (that grew into an oh so attractive haircut) and everyone thought I was a little boy. Nowadays I still get emails to Mr.  But I just make sure I respond with my real name in my signature and it's No big deal. 
  • @DoctorDonna I believe we have the same first name.  I was finally able to ditch it for my middle name when I went away to boarding school and no one knew me yet. But people still call me both depending on how they know me, which can be confusing sometimes.  Would have been so much better if they just went for it and named me my middle name first, but she didn't want to give me something too weird.  C'mon.  My middle name is beautiful though and i love that every time I introduce myself as that, I get to tell them it was my grandmother's name...
  • Adding to the name discussion, I also have a super common first name, but my parents spelled it differently than most. They used a pretty acceptable way to spell it, not completely unique, and I actually like it now. I was always one of many in my classes. My maiden name is also super common, but my married last name is not, so now I'm in the awkward position of having to spell both my first and last names for everyone. I guess my round about point is that I have grown to like my common, but not commonly spelled name, and that last names make a lot of difference. I'm with @britters314, pick something you love!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @FiancB girl I thought you quit! Your account said user does not exist. I'm so glad to see you!!!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited May 2016
    Mobile bumping is difficult so i apologize for choppiness/typos. I'm only 4 weeks along so not much to contribute because i literally just found out Saturday. Plus i wasn't around long to get to know many of you. But i do want to wish you all a h&h whatever months you have left. And huge congrats to all. 
  • RatsPJRatsPJ member
    Thank you, @MissAmeliaPond! That makes me feel better :)