Baby Names

Two middle names...

Our sons name is going to be Jack Summit, my dh middle name is Zebadiah, and that is his fathers name, it's also our nephews middle name. Sort of becoming a family name. I can't let go of Summit, but love Jack Summit Zebadiah. Dh isn't totally sold on it. Just looking for other opinions!
Thanks all! :)

Re: Two middle names...

• KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited April 2016
    My husband and I considered using two middle names for our LO, for a short time (I even made a post about it on this board last week). Ultimately, however, we decided that it was just too much of a mouthful for our taste. We couldn't see either name without the other, so we made the choice to scrap both.  :o We think we have a new middle name chosen, but it isn't a certainty. I never thought I would reconsider a MN so close to my due date!

If you can see "Jack Summit" without the name Zebadiah, I would go with your original choice. In my opinion, Summit is such a unique middle name (I've never personally heard it used), that I think Zebadiah might take away from that. When I look at the name "Jack Summit Zebadiah," I am drawn immediately to "Zebadiah." I don't mind "Jack Zebadiah" on its own, either, but when Summit and Zebadiah are put together I think they conflict. 
  • If you're curious about what people think of 2 middle names in general, there are many threads - I'd suggest doing a search.

I think that those 2 middle names are quite long and your child's full name will never fit properly on paperwork.  Whether or not that matters to you is up to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • There are several threads on this topic already, for general opinions on it. Personally I don't like these two middle names together. It's a mouthful, and like pp said both mn are so unique the overwhelm eachother.
  • I am not a fan of two middle names. I think it's too much, a little pretentious, silly and pointless. 
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    Is there a significance to Summit?  All I think of is the old Summit Bank.  I'd scrap that before a name with significance like Zebediah.

I don't love 2 middle names...seems pointless, and what if you have another boy some day?  You've already used all of your favorite names, and then if you only give #2 one middle name when #1 has two, it looks strange...I'd just avoid it personally, and make a decision.
  • I'm not a fan of 2 middle names either.
  • Summit? 
  • That's a mouthful and two middle names seems like a total pain. Also, Summit???? Why? Seems very odd.
  • kmvisioli said:
    There are several threads on this topic already, for general opinions on it. Personally I don't like these two middle names together. It's a mouthful, and like pp said both mn are so unique the overwhelm eachother.
    I agree. Zebediah is a lot of name and Summit is a bit unusual so I don't think they pair well.