Trouble TTC
Options

day 21 progesterone

My day 21 progesterone level came back and I was hoping you ladies might have some experience with what number this should be!  Mine was 15 nmol/L or 4.7 ng/mL depending on what units you use.  I remember reading somewhere that >30 nmol/L is needed to indicate ovulation.

I also have read about PCOS and "weak ovulation" - when I temp I do get a temperature shift, but my cycles are short with a 9-11 day luteal phase.  I went for bloodwork on 7 dpo, but it would have been about 4 days before my next CD1.

do you think this progesterone level is consistent with ovulation (weak or standard) or not?

thanks for the insight.

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
DOR + MFI
3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
FET January 2018 - BFP

Re: day 21 progesterone

• Options
    Hello! I am waiting to hear back from my doctor regarding my progesterone results- mine was done at 9 dpo and it came back 9.3 ng/ml...

i've read that doctors like to see 10 ng/ml or higher but I don't have anything to back that up besides google searches haha
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    Msjen11Msjen11 member
    Hi. I'm wondering the same thing and my 2nd RE appointment isn't until 5/18. Mine came back at 3.6 ng ml at 7 days past +opk
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I received my results yesterday, my Dr.s note in there stated over 10ng/ml usually indicates ovulation your own.  But I believe that is completely unmedicated.  I believe the values they look for are different if you have medicated cycles, I'm not sure if that applies since you mentioned you have PCOS.  Hopefully your RE can give you some info!
  • Options
    My cycle day 20 pregesterone came back at greater than 40 not sure what that means 
  • Options
    seethosestarsseethosestars member
    edited May 2016
    @jojomama25That's what I was thinking… that my 4.7 ng/mL doesn't indicate ovulation.  I"m still waiting to see the RE (it's about a 6 month wait here) so my GP isn't that helpful with this stuff.  I'm on metformin, but I don't think that really counts as a "medicated" cycle.

@Hoping4Success I think >40 likely indicates ovulation!

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP