3rd Trimester
Options

Measuring large for dates

I recently had an ultrasound to investigate why I was measuring ahead.  Doctor says, according to ultrasound results, baby measures 3weeks ahead. They are confident in my due date, and glucola test was normal, so doctor tells me to watch what I eat and try exercising since the baby is so big.  I remind her that I'm 30 weeks and have only gained 13 lbs. She says that my calories could be going straight to the baby, so he's getting bigger even tho I'm not.  WHAT? is this even possible? My husband and I are both tall and were both large babies so I assumed that was the reason. I would feel terrible if my eating habbits were to blame... I do eat a lot, but I exercise every day!  Can my baby be large because of me even though IM not gaining too much???

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong!  You seem healthy and this is just how your pregnancy is progressing.... Hope things mellow out for you and baby!!
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • Options
    US measurements later in pregnancy can been less accurate. The most accurate are those in first tri to determine EDD. I measured about 2 weeks ahead since early second tri. LO just ended up being a big baby (bigger than DH and I) and would have probably gone past my due date if I didn't have a section. I gained 42 lb (started at 110) OB never seemed concerned. I was on bed rest 90% of the time so exercise was off limits.