3rd Trimester

Cervical Cerclage Success Stories

Hi Everyone,
I am 23 weeks so I am not yet in my third tri but I am posting here to see if anyone has any cervical cerclage success stories you could share with me to pick me up? I am currently on modified bed rest after getting a cerclage put in at 21 weeks for cervical funneling after weeks of a cervix that was "on the shorter side of normal range/2.7 mm).

I have had 6 losses before- none of them being from IC, so this is new for me. My doc knew that this would be an issue as I have had many uterine surgeries before this pregnancy which can cause a weaker cervix. I am grateful she caught it when she did but could use some encouragement.

Thanks!
7th Pregnancy, no living kids, with a You-Name-It Loss History. Curious? Inquire Within.
Due 8/13/16 and couldn't be more excited for our little girl! <3

Re: Cervical Cerclage Success Stories

• You might try posting this on the PGAL board to see if they have any experience as well. Sorry about the pass losses and happy thoughts for you that this pregnancy continues successfully! Congrats on getting this far.
  • Okay thank you for the response! :)
    7th Pregnancy, no living kids, with a You-Name-It Loss History. Curious? Inquire Within.
    Due 8/13/16 and couldn't be more excited for our little girl! <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a cerclage put in at 20 weeks for a short/dynamic cervix. It was about 1.9cm at the time and usually measures about 2.2cm since then. I'm now at 33+5 and no signs of labour! The plan is to remove it at 36 weeks and then after that I can go back to my regular OB (now seeing high risk) and it will be business as usual. I have heard many stories of women going to full term after having the cerclage. Hang in there! Hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months for you :)
  • shiwayshiway member
    I have a friend right now at 35 weeks. She had hers put in at 13 weeks. They plan to remove at 37 weeks. All gong well so far!  Stay positive and I hope it all works out for the best!  
  • My co-worker's wife had one put in at 19 weeks.  Her situation was very stressful as the cervix had already begun to dilate at the time it was put it.  She made it to almost 34 weeks and the little boy was very healthy given how early he was and never needed oxygen or anything!  
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker